• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal - The Ancient Gods - Part Two CRT (Spoilers Ahead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re not understanding.

It has not happened yet, and if it will happen over time, then we can not fully scale him to something that has not happened yet. His existence causes it OVER TIME.
We know it’s over time but due to the urgency in Samual’s voice when stating that we can deduce that it would happen over a short period on time.

Again the how he got to that point was never specified by you. Us saying the icon aided his path to becoming 2-B would make sense.
I did say it, though... why are you ignoring the fact that I directly told you that it was via absorption + RPL? And that when I said “you don’t need to know how that happens” I clarified that I meant it doesn’t matter how he goes from tier 7 to tier 2 with Absorption + RPL?

We know it’s over time but due to the urgency in Samual’s voice when stating that we can deduce that it would happen over a short period on time.
Doesn’t matter. Hasn’t happened yet, therefore “will eventually become” is accurate.

You’re not understanding.

It has not happened yet, and if it will happen over time, then we can not fully scale him to something that has not happened yet. His existence causes it OVER TIME.
Uhh sorry big letters don't convince me, just relax

It was happening at that very moment, the quote is clear that Icon's presence was Warping and Damaging Reality on our Dimension via his existence alone, the urgency is clear, the timeframe is short, feats like this are 3-A or whatever the size of the Dimension affected

We need to know the size of our Universe in Doom aswell

I did say it, though... why are you ignoring the fact that I directly told you that it was via absorption + RPL? And that when I said “you don’t need to know how that happens” I clarified that I meant it doesn’t matter how he goes from tier 7 to tier 2 with Absorption + RPL?
I never did ignore that. I was the one who gave you that idea in the first place. I’m saying that it stands to reason that doomguy absorbing a low 2-C demon would lead him to become a 2-B. It makes more sense than absorbing a bunch of tier 7s to become a tier 2. That’s like saying a bunch of tier 7s can destroy a 2-B realm.

Uhh sorry big letters don't convince me, just relax

It was happening at that very moment, the quote is clear that Icon's presence was Warping and Damaging Reality on our Dimension via his existence alone, the urgency is clear, the timeframe is short, feats like this are 3-A or whatever the size of the Dimension affected

We need to know the size of our Universe in Doom aswell
But there’s nothing happening yet. The urgency is to get rid of him BEFORE that happens.

I never did ignore that. I was the one who gave you that idea in the first place. I’m saying that it stands to reason that doomguy absorbing a low 2-C demon would lead him to become a 2-B. It makes more sense than absorbing a bunch of tier 7s to become a tier 2. That’s like saying a bunch of tier 7s can destroy a 2-B realm.
But you’re the one saying I only said that?? You blatantly did ignore it. The Icon did NOT directly scale because it hasn’t happened yet.

Why doesn’t it matter? It was stated the icon has the ability to do it and that he has done it before to other universes.
Because it hasn’t happened yet. I don’t see why I have to to repeat that.

solution, make a icon crt, and do doomslayer for his 2b/2a as his tag key only for now
Agreed.

I'll stop answering about the Icon and going to the CRT when it's posted, let's focus now on Slayer's TAG key description shall we ?

Also, just stay calm guys, we are talking about Icon Of Sin in a website, no need to get heated

Shouldn't there also be a Maykr Thread after this? With the TAG dlc, it's been shown that the Maykr Race with preptime can create powerful tech, affecting things on a Multiverse Level scale.

Big letter Andy over here is the only one heated lol
Gol_D_Roger_Laugh.jpg

Shouldn't there also be a Maykr Thread after this? With the TAG dlc, it's been shown that the Maykr Race with preptime can create powerful tech, affecting things on a Multiverse Level scale.
Yeah with Davoth's introduction some new stuff needs to be added

Anyway, with Davoth being 2-B to 2-A, we can make a new key for Doom Slayer and scale him to it, I guess nobody here is against that

Yeah with Davoth's introduction some new stuff needs to be added

Anyway, with Davoth being 2-B to 2-A, we can make a new key for Doom Slayer and scale him to it, I guess nobody here is against that
Really want a Page for the Night sentinels. Get some 40k Space marines/Spartan action going on.

Doomguy:

At least Small Building level physically (Capable of killing demons on this level with his bare fists), Wall level+ to Small Building level with most weapons, higher with Berserk, the BFG 9000, and against demons with the Unmaker | At least Building level physically (Stronger than before, should be comparable to Marauders), higher with weaponry (Armed with a Ballista, a weapon capable of dealing heavy damage to high tier demons, as well as his previous weapons), Small City level with the Crucible (The Crucible was designed to be capable of killing Titans, and was later used to kill the Icon of Sin) | At least Town level, (Scaled from durability. Stronger than before), higher with Power-Ups, Wall level+ to Multi-City Block level with weapons (Wields the UAC EMG Sidearm with a 4-megawatt plasma charge, various rifles, rockets, and the BFG 9000) | Likely at least Small City level (Stated to be stronger than before, could contend with the Icon of Sin), higher with Blood Punch, Power-Ups, and the Slayer's Crucible | At least Multiverse level, possibly Multiverse level+ (Fought and defeated Davoth), higher with Sentinel Hammer, Blood Punch and Power-Ups

Key: Classic DOOM | Post Night Sentinel Training | DOOM (2016) | DOOM: Eternal | The Ancient Gods

What you guys think ?

Last edited:
I never implied anything of the sort
but... you kept talking about how I said you don’t need to know, despite me having clarified what I meant...

Doomguy:

At least Small Building level physically (Capable of killing demons on this level with his bare fists), Wall level+ to Small Building level with most weapons, higher with Berserk, the BFG 9000, and against demons with the Unmaker | At least Building level physically (Stronger than before, should be comparable to Marauders), higher with weaponry (Armed with a Ballista, a weapon capable of dealing heavy damage to high tier demons, as well as his previous weapons), Small City level with the Crucible (The Crucible was designed to be capable of killing Titans, and was later used to kill the Icon of Sin) | At least Town level, (Scaled from durability. Stronger than before), higher with Power-Ups, Wall level+ to Multi-City Block level with weapons (Wields the UAC EMG Sidearm with a 4-megawatt plasma charge, various rifles, rockets, and the BFG 9000) | Likely at least Small City level (Stated to be stronger than before, could contend with the Icon of Sin), higher with Blood Punch, Power-Ups, and the Slayer's Crucible | At least Multiverse level, possibly Multiverse level+ (Fought and defeated Davoth), higher with Sentinel Hammer, Blood Punch and Power-Ups

Key: Classic DOOM | Post Night Sentinel Training | DOOM (2016) | DOOM: Eternal | The Ancient Gods Part 1 and 2

What you guys think ?
Looks good, but remove “Part 1 and 2” from the key. Just have it be “The Ancient Gods”.

I agree that consistency is important, leaving such a jump opens the path for outlier and inconsistency arguments

The Icon CRT will fix that anyway

Jumping from 7-B to low 2-C to 2-B is better than a flat out jump from 7-B to 2-B. If we can make things more air tight we should absolutely do it.

But we’re not making it more air-tight. We’re using headcanon scaling to try to fill a gap. The outlier argument literally doesn’t work and I will shut it down wherever it is brought up. I do not care about the Inconsistency argument.

Please, avoid saying we are basing our arguments for Icon on headcanon, you not agreeing with it doesn't mean we are doing that

Do we have explicit statements saying “this is how doomguy went from tier 7 to tier 2 in a couple years” ???

No we don’t.

Yes, we do. He gets stronger when he kills stuff, he can grow massively stronger. We don’t need to know WHY it was such a massive boost, we just know that it IS.

If that’s all it takes for doomguy to become 2-B why didn’t it happen when he was rampaging in Hell pre 2016?

Yes it is. That’s like saying “they trained” isn’t a good justification for jumping a bunch of tiers.
When that said person lifts the same amount of weights to go from 7-C to 7-B why would those same weights put him from 7-B to 2-B?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back