• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread

RexdeDino said:
Just to add something - I really don't think they'd even try using the BFG 10k on the Titans.
Simply because, you know

It would crack open the planet
Isn't there a statement that "everything" in the UAC arsenal couldn't stop the Titans? Idk, that feels too specific to me.

All demons should get immortality type 2 as well. They can still fight like nothing with like 50% of their bodies missing.

I don't think this is acausality. Acausality's main gimmick prevents a person from being viewed by another's precognition which is totally the opposite of what is happening here. here it is just the "Destroyer" being a constant within infinite of infinite possible futures and timelines. I don't think we have a power that covers something like this or if it is one at all.

I agree that FTL Attack speed seems iffy, and has more to do with being able to destroy ships rather than the pilots of the ships have FTL reflexes that can U-turn at FTL speeds. And the Acausality thing is also super iffy.

Also, a hard no to weaker weapons being backwards scaled from the Doomslayer. I have brought this up multiple times regarding multiple verses about literally taking the god tiers and literally backwards scaling them to every single fodder character and weapon in the verse is fallacious as Hell. We don't backwards scale Kingdom Hearts protagonists to fodder Heartless, Mario to fodder Goombas, Sonic and Shadow to fodder Gun Soldiers, ect. We can't do the same for Doom. Fodder enemies not getting one-shotted is just game mechanics.

Doomguy being a constant is a very weird thing to assign an ability to. I could see this being a form of probability manip, or maybe resistance to it. Not sure we have a power that would fit something like that.

Might be best to calculate how fast he moves in comparison to how fast the Microwave Beam travels, could be done using watch frame by frame.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I agree that FTL Attack speed seems iffy, and has more to do with being able to destroy ships rather than the pilots of the ships have FTL reflexes that can U-turn at FTL speeds. And the Acausality thing is also super iffy.
Also, a hard no to weaker weapons being backwards scaled from the Doomslayer. I have brought this up multiple times regarding multiple verses about literally taking the god tiers and literally backwards scaling them to every single fodder character and weapon in the verse is fallacious as Hell. We don't backwards scale Kingdom Hearts protagonists to fodder Heartless, Mario to fodder Goombas, Sonic and Shadow to fodder Gun Soldiers, ect. We can't do the same for Doom. Fodder enemies not getting one-shotted is just game mechanics.
We're not scaling off fodder tho, we're scaling off the stronger enemies which are on the same playing field as DS, though weaker, it'd be like scaling a miniboss in a JRPG.

I'm not even on board with mini-bosses and mid tiers being scaled from him. We don't backwards scale Majora to the 4 temple bosses nor Ganondorf to various temple bosses. Doomslayer >>>>>>>>>>> Titan >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cyberdemons and Spider Mastermind, and other bosses >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Barons of Hell and other mid tiers/stronger troops.

Perhaps stronger enemies could be scaled from stronger weapons. But no character is actually Doomslayer tier aside from possibly the actual god tier bosses. But Doomslayer pretty much toys with every enemy he fights aside from Kahn Maykr.

Fun fact, the Slayer's backstory we see in flashbacks is just a magic-induced hallucination, and he actually just is Saitama with a gun. A useless gun.

Jokes aside, he's portrayed as really powerful, but some enemies and bosses totally compare to him to a degree.

Are Marauders potrayed as enemies who fodderize Titans in canon?

They never interact or anything iirc.

Besides, we know the Doom Slayer beat the Titan, but is it ever stated that he stomped him? Legit question this one.

It's unknown whether or not it was a stomp back then, but he did kill it with his bare hands. And he literally absorbs the Titan and grows even stronger. And he also consistently grows stronger and faster after each and every single demon he slaughters based on the lore. So comparing current Doomslayer to Titan is essentially comparing Majin Buu to Cell.

I know little about DBZ so that doesn't exactly help, but I get what you mean. Either way, we don't know how much he grew stronger since then. Surely he's really superior to the hordes of hell, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's on a completely different level- It could be, I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just that it's kinda difficult to tell- but between that, some enemies actually being able to stand up to him somewhat and him going out of his way to pick up guns, I think there's enough to construct the argument that they do scale to him.

He's kind of killed Billions, possibly Trillions of demons and absorbed all of their strength. And even that's heavily low-balling considering Hell has what's thought to be an infinite number demons and he's been their for Eons. Cyberdemons are still quite literally insects compared to him however.

Considering Doomguy is said to have been capable of scouring Hell of anything they could throw at him before even getting his armor crafted and killed the original Titan also without the suit...yeah I'd say they're nowhere near the same level.

That's all there is to contrast the arguments against that though- by the way, outside of what ShadowWhoWalks posted, what else says he grows stronger?

That does however raise the question of how ******* big was the temple they dropped on top of him if a ******* Titan couldn't do the job?

The age of his reckoning was uncounted. The scribes carved his name deep in the tablets of Hell across eons, and each battle etched terror in the hearts of the demons. They knew he would come, as he always had, as he always will, to feast on the blood of the wicked. For he alone could draw strength from his fallen foes, and ever his power grew, swift and unrelenting.
~ Slayer's Testament IV​

Man, I like Doom lore but this whole debate's kinda letting me realize... it's inconsistent as hell. Pun intended.

I think that refers to the health dropping from glory killed enemies. Though it does say his power grows. Though that part may be unrelated.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Are Marauders potrayed as enemies who fodderize Titans in canon?
Marauders are capable of equaling the Slayer's speed in game, and in a glory kill, they can catch and stop the Slayer's fist and hold it back entirely, requiring the Slayer to use the Doomblade to pierce their skull with some quick strategy.

Basically, they don't interact with anything other than the Slayer, but they're consistently shown to at least be comparable to him.

What about the gladiator? He's the only demon that we've seen to able to tank multiple glory kill punches from the doom slayer.

They actually are the reason for the possibility of the Eternal Super Shotgun scaling to the Slayer, since they utilize one themselves. Considering how focused they are on killing him, I doubt they would bring a 9-B weapon to do so especially since they're seemingly fully aware of his power.

However, I'm iffy on it myself so I'll let others decide.

I mean the Marauder catches his hand but he begins overpowering him for a little before shoving the blade into his face.

The Slayer could get NPI or Soul Manipulation from the Gladiator's Shield, since he destroyed the soul inhabiting it with a stab from the Doomblade.

"None could stand before the horde but the Doom Slayer. Despair spread before him like a plague, striking fear into the shadow-dwellers, driving them to deeper and darker pits. But from the depths of the abyss rose The Great One, a champion mightier than all who had come before. The Titan, of immeasurable power and ferocity. He strode upon the plain and faced the Doom Slayer, and a mighty battle was fought on the desolate plains. The Titan fought with the fury of the countless that had fallen at the Doom Slayer's hand, but there fell the Titan, and in his defeat the shadow horde were routed."

-The Slayer Testaments

Tbh I always interpreted it as Hell coming up with it's own answer to the Doom Slayer gaining strength each time he kills demons, what with having their own champion that draws strength from the rage of those slayed demons, but I can see how that's not exactly the most convincing thing.

Back