• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does resisting Existance Erasure and other durability negation abilities scale to a character's durability?

I'm pretty sure that using Existence Erasure on an entire planet would generally get treated as Planet level in lack of better options.

But as others have said, resisting existence erasure does not make one scale from the one attempting to existence erase them even if they're at a much greater tier. I recall some people mentioning that Superman has resisted Existence Erasure from some Tier 2/1 characters before. It basically just means their essence can't be destroyed by them, but some of those same characters could technically still die from a simple punch for instance.

The issue isnt whether or not the existence erasure can be rated at a certain tier. If you use existence erasure to erase a planet, or a universe, it's potency can certainly be rated as 5-B or Low 2-C existence erasure.

The issue is whether or not the existence erasure should scale to your own individual statistics like any normal attack would scale to your attack potency, durability, lifting strength, striking strength, etc. Or if the erasure should be rated seperately from that.

Is somebody willing to ask some knowledgeable administrators about helping out with this?

@Kukui, that really depends on the method I'd say. A Ki blast that erases existence should inherently scale to your other stats. But there are not so strong characters physically who simply use hax to Hakai things, it shouldn't scale to other stats unless they have other reasons or details.

Thats the issue that the OP is trying to address I believe because for some characters here, like Zen'o, we immediately go with the conclusion that their EE scales to their attack potency and isn't seperately rated from their stats, which goes against the purpose of existence erasure not automatically scaling to your AP.

Actually, Xeno destroyed the entire Macrocosm with a casual Ki Blast and withstood the impact. I believe that was discussed multiple times.

Ki blast or not, it was still his EE he used. his profile even makes sure to say that he erased Trunks' timeline.

When Zeno erased universe 4, 9, 10, 2 and unvierse 6, blue light appeared on his hands. The exact same blue light appears when he erases Trunks' timeline. There is 0 indication that he used a ki blast to destroy Trunks timeline, and 0 indication that he can make a multiversal ki blast. And the fact that the audio and visual affects of him erasing Trunks timeline does not sound or look anywhere close to the audio and visuals of any other ki blast explotion in the series. (Plus the fact that he said he wanted Trunks timeline to "dissapear" rather than "blow it up".)

"Blue light" appearing isnt much to go off of. Light glows are extremely common in fiction for haxes or attacks to be used. And in this case, its far more likely it was a hax in the ToP since Zen'o erased those universes just by raising his hand. Meanwhile when destroying Infinite Zamasu, Zen'o unleashed a blast that encompassed the whole multiverse.

If Zen'o can't use ki blasts to destroy Multiverses, he wouldnt even have KI or Chi Manipulation as a power to begin with.

Yeah, Zeno was stated to be using a Ki Blast when he destroyed the entire timeline and Infinite Zamasu.

Ok that explains Zen'o a bit, still doesn't explain why Zen'o got erasure scaled to his durability back in 2016 where the only thing he got was statements of erasure.

@DDM How about Dimentio tho?

Because I'm having a feeling nothing changed on that department and people just ignored it. In fact due to it being so long I also accepted EE to be equal to AP in universal+ or beyond scenario's until you brought it up.

@Professor Care to show me an example of a non-hax attack in DBS/ DBZ looking the exact same as a hax-attack? This is not extremly common in DBZ/DBS, it never happens. Attacks and abilities like Hit's timestop/ timeskip, Goku black's schythe and Hakai are always animated very distinguishable from regular ki blast, no matter which character is using it.

Zeno's EE blast he used in TOP also encompassed the entierty of those universes he destroyed, I hardly see how that proves anything. It being ki or not doesnt really matter, still EE at the end of the day.

@DDM when was Zeno stated to use a ki blast and not EE on Trunks' timeline? Source? why does his profile say he usede EE then?

Doorinmyhouse said:
@Professor You are only proving my point really about him using EE on Trunks timeline. Zeno's EE blast he used in TOP also encompassed the entierty of those universes he destroyed, I hardly see how that proves anything. It being ki or not doesnt really matter, still EE at the end of the day.
No it didn't. In Zamasus case, the energy Zen'o used literally spread across the entire Multiverse in Trunk's timeline.

In the Tournament of Power, Zen'o didnt do that when erasing the universes. Everything in the erased universes, even down to each seperate individual, was surrounded by a white glow and then vanished. There was nothing spreading across those universes.

he was doing the same thing when erasing, the background was exactly the same as the universes that Zen'o erased in the tournament. You can see it in the hologram of universe 9 after it was erased.

You didnt say a word about spreading, you said encompassed. still, no DBS character has the same visuals for a hax attack and a non-hax attack.

It might be that Zen'o needs a blast to destroy ALL the universes, since he raises his hands in the exact same way he erases.

he probably cant use the same spreading EE, because otherwise he would kill everyone in the tournament. this one only targets people from specific universes, the other one just erases everything.

Beerus thought his we would have erased both zamasus from existence, Zen'o can do the same thing but more powerful. Zen'o used ee on the entire universe, that's why the fighters disappeared. He was erasing the multiverse in the form of a ki blast

Welp, it clearly that Zen'o have a selective EE, but it do not really seems like a ki blast to me, AoE? sure, but not a blast by itself.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

It was mentioned on other threads about Zen'o using a Ki Blast to nuke Trunks' timeline. And I think it was Ryukama who made a mention of that. I don't remember the full detail. As for Dimentio, he scales far above the Mario cast as he actually has one-shotted the party. Though he didn't destroy their souls and simply sent them to the Afterlife.

No, it doesn't scale to durability in any way.

Surviving stuff that entirely disregards durability wouldn't give you better durability, exactly because it disregards such a thing.

Well for Zen'o, hypothetically speaking, lets say it turns out Zen'o never used a KI blast to destroy the DB Multiverse. Not saying he didn't, but lets say he hasnt for arguments sake.

Would we downgrade him to Low 2-C and specify he's 2-C strictly with existence erasure?

Unless I am wrong, we mostly rate some hax at higher stuff like "Low 2-C" to imply potency without scaling it to the character's AP if it can't be scaled to the characters AP, due to the whole issue of resistances with higher Ds of power.

For the case of dragon ball, they would still have scaling anyway so I don't think it'd matter.

I remember there was a thread about the same thing for Zeno that culminated in it being treated as AP, that's why his durability scales for tanking that destruction. Not to say AP attacks can't have EE properties.

@DDM so I assume this is the same reason why Count Beck's durability is multiversal as well? Dimentio's profile says he has 2-B durability for being able to survive his EE void.

And you're right @AKM , this thread has already been made. but there was no proof given as for why Zeno supposedly used a ki blast to destroy the universes. Whis and Beerus implying tht Zeno isnt the strongest solely due to his physical capabilities, and the fact that the animation of Zeno erasing Trunks' timeline is simlar to the animation of him erasing the universes in TOP, suggests that he was using EE on Trunks timeline.

I'm pretty sure those points were already brought up and addressed in the same thread.

Back