• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does having spaceflight automatically give you resistance to extreme cold and cosmic radiations?

I saw that this was common in profiles with spaceflight and decided to ask. (In the case of human spaceflight)

Not extreme cold; already discussed that a lot that outerspace doesn't have the same conductivity a freezer or cold air, or ice does. It's 0 temperature due to the absence of an atmosphere altogether and is just an empty void in a lot of places. As for cosmic radiation; I'm unsure what was the outcome for that, but a lot of these used to be added to a lot of profiles before the rules were put in place.

Well cold is like what DDM said, radiation is because the space filled with extreme radiation leftover from all kind of cosmic activity and the big bang

Sfx fly in space, cool :cool: :cool:

Anyway, i think no
And what the difference between flight and spaceflight?
Flight mean you fly on your own power, spaceflight is you using special equipment, vehicle for flying in space, or something similar

Couldn't you use special equipment or vehicles for normal flight though?
Yes, but spaceflight was for equipment and vehicles specifically for spaceflight. Because slme allow you to flight in the air but not vacuum space and vice versa

Yes, but spaceflight was for equipment and vehicles specifically for spaceflight. Because slme allow you to flight in the air but not vacuum space and vice versa
That seems needlessly specific though, couldn't it be covered by flight and then whatever additional perks "spaceflight" would give.

It's like having temperature manipulation and then having Planck temperature manipulation because the former is specifically for Planck temperatures.

Is it some sort of situation where the ability is so common on its own that it deserves to be differentiated or something?

I mean, take ultimate kars for instance, he has literal wings, but can’t move in space because his wings can’t create lift, as there is no air. They are functionally different things that happen to look the same.

That seems needlessly specific though, couldn't it be covered by flight and then whatever additional perks "spaceflight" would give.

It's like having temperature manipulation and then having Planck temperature manipulation because the former is specifically for Planck temperatures.

Is it some sort of situation where the ability is so common on its own that it deserves to be differentiated or something?
well, we have time stop for a specification of time manipulation, petrification for a specification of transmutation, etc......

I mean, take ultimate kars for instance, he has literal wings, but can’t move in space because his wings can’t create lift, as there is no air. They are functionally different things that happen to look the same.
Wouldn't that just be a limitation of his flight then? Beerus has spaceflight but he doesn't use any specific technique or anything, he just uses generic dragon ball ki based flight but he can breathe in space.
well, we have time stop for a specification of time manipulation, petrification for a specification of transmutation, etc......
Fair enough (imo I would prefer if they were merged but I understand why they are specified)

As for cosmic radiation; I'm unsure what was the outcome for that, but a lot of these used to be added to a lot of profiles before the rules were put in place.
Pretty sure cosmic radiation is a given if you fight high-up in the Earth's atmosphere or travel through space long enough and that was the consensus of said rules AFAIK

Back