• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Extreme Cold resistance removal

I noticed something on Moro's profile. He has resistance to extreme cold for being in space. This should not count as a resistance since you won't lose heat to the surroundings in space. We've also started removing resistance to extreme cold for characters who can survive in space in 2021, so I think this should be a standard for every verse.
Here are some other DB profiles with extreme cold resistance that should be removed.

Jiren
Frieza
Recoome and the rest of the Ginyu Force

If this is how we treat characters just being in space now, then yeah, I have no problem with it being removed.

Yep, because afaik space isn't necessarily cold by itself and the absence of atmosphere causes your body to inevitably lose heat without any way to recover it, thus dropping its temperature.

Small question, so does this change extreme cold to just cold for a character like Moro or just replaces the justification? If I'm not mistaken the room in the upper atmosphere has a cold temperature? Both Saiyans and Moro were shown fighting in the upper atmosphere while on New Namek.

Small question, so does this change extreme cold to just cold for a character like Moro or just replaces the justification? If I'm not mistaken the room in the upper atmosphere has a cold temperature? Both Saiyans and Moro were shown fighting in the upper atmosphere while on New Namek.
I think it's that in space there's no air, so there's nothing to take heat away from your skin via conduction. The only way for your body to lose heat in space is by radiating it away, which is FAR FAR slower.

I think it's that in space there's no air, so there's nothing to take heat away from your skin via conduction. The only way for your body to lose heat in space is by radiating it away, which is FAR FAR slower.
I know that, but does that mean we just remove extreme cold resistance by surviving in space? Then can we replace it with cold resistance for Moro because he is able to fight in the upper atmosphere? Although I'm not too sure if Earth and Namek have anything in common.

I don't know if it's extreme cold or just cold.

Pretty sure anyone who's been in a Hyperbolic Time Chamber in excess of a year would have resistance to both Extreme Heat and Cold as that place fluctuates from -40 degrees C to upwards of 50 degrees C.
It stamps resistance to harsh temperatures on their profile.

I know that, but does that mean we just remove extreme cold resistance by surviving in space? Then can we replace it with cold resistance for Moro because he is able to fight in the upper atmosphere? Although I'm not too sure if Earth and Namek have anything in common.

I don't know if it's extreme cold or just cold.
Upper atmosphere wouldn't give cold resistance, but it would definitely give Radiation Resistance, high up in the atmosphere there's incredibly ionizing radiation.

Upper atmosphere wouldn't give cold resistance, but it would definitely give Radiation Resistance, high up in the atmosphere there's incredibly ionizing radiation.
The radiation isn't strong enough to have any notable effects immediately
If he has better feats, those can be used to replace the Extreme Cold resistance

It is more specifically for a human being (IIRC) and technically speaking Beerus and Goku ain’t, you know, human. However, that doesn’t disprove it necessarily anyway.
Ironically Goku and Beerus being even higher up and not being affected the slightest would actually prove their resistance's worth even more so.

I know, we were talking about Moro before this. This link should also be added to Goku's profile so we have a quantification on his radiation resistance
Ah, okay then.

So is this true? This could mean Extreme Cold resistance stays for Moro

Goku and Beerus don't need any changes as their profile elaborates it clearly regarding the Radiation stuff. The Cold stuff however, could do with some improvement like the Room of Spirit and Time and the Polar Ice stuff.
This seems to make a lot of sense.

Back