• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Kiv (an amphibious alien that looks like a cross between a human, a lizard, a slug and a frog) is dying from galaxy brain and needs to swap with someone so he can live.

It's boring as ****, which is saying something when the early classic series is known for its slow pacing.

Kiv (an amphibious alien that looks like a cross between a human, a lizard, a slug and a frog) is dying from galaxy brain and needs to swap with someone so he can live.

It's boring as ****, which is saying something when the early classic series is known for its slow pacing.
What about modern doctor who?

(would abzorbaloff episode count as one of them?)

Can you give me a basic summary of the three you mentioned?
In that same order

The Morax (who were imprisoned in a hill on Earth for war crimes) have gotten free, and cause the witch trials. The Doctor and co have to stop them.

The Doctor and co. have to fight mutated humans (a fact they don't realise at first) on a devastated potential future version of Earth after the resort there is overrun. It sounds interesting, but it's not.

The moon is expanding, so humanity prepare to nuke it, but it turns out to be a huge alien egg. Clara and The Doctor save the creature, which lays a new moon.

In that same order

The Morax (who were imprisoned in a hill on Earth for war crimes) have gotten free, and cause the witch trials. The Doctor and co have to stop them.

The Doctor and co. have to fight mutated humans (a fact they don't realise at first) on a devastated potential future version of Earth after the resort there is overrun. It sounds interesting, but it's not.

The moon is expanding, so humanity prepare to nuke it, but it turns out to be a huge alien egg. Clara and The Doctor save the creature, which lays a new moon.
Sounds lame a little

Classic or modern?

If it's the modern series, then I'm the same (though I can only remember seeing Bad Wolf and onwards when they came out in Australia).
Modern, I'm not quite old enough for Classic. I was a big fan back when Doctor Who was the show to watch.

Not sure, but Mindwarp is by far one of the worst imo.
Baker had a few raw episodes and it doesn't help that writing value was radically different back in those days too.

I mean, if you watch those episodes, even the best of the Classic, you can see how the values in writing were just so different, and the entire thing was so much slower paced too.

Compare to New Who, where each episode hits its stride pretty much after the Doctor gets out of the TARDIS.

The Witchfinders, Orphan 55 and Kill The Moon.

Honestly, no. It's bad, but has entertainment value.
ORPHAN 55

Though, I have a bunch of personal ones I think are bad mostly because they could have been better.

For example, I think Pilot is a pretty poor episode despite enjoying it, because I genuinely enjoy Bill so much, and I don't find Self-hating white girl to be particularly engaging when that was her entire character trait.

Kill the Moon was ******* bizarre, and I still don't get the point of it. "It's your planet, you choose." "Bro, you, not 5 episodes after this, talk two inhabitants of the planet into not fighting despite it being their planet."

Reminds me of this hilarious moment in "Christmas on a Rational Planet" where the Doctor literally mindhaxes someone to agree with him so that the Universe remains rational, despite basically getting his ass verbally handed to him.

Personally, the worst episode is the Timeless Child, because of the broad sweeping negative effects it has and how despite all the work of RTD and Moffet to bring back Gallefrey in a way that doesn't undermine the importance of the Doctor losing the Timelords, only for ******* Chibnall to come along and have the Master OFF-SCREEN GALLEFREY.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh god, then there was "Sleep no more" probably the worst Capaldi episode

I really like The Time of the Doctor and the return of the doctor mysterio

In the first I like how they use everything that has been given previously from the eleventh and tenth doctor, besides that it is sad to see how the doctor says goodbye

I like The Return of Doctor Mysterio because you feel that feeling that the series has not gone down, with the Doctor respecting his morality and helping to guide even simply human to become the Ghost even in small moments

Another one that I liked because of the sadness was the angels take Manhtann

Personally, the worst episode is the Timeless Child, because of the broad sweeping negative effects it has and how despite all the work of RTD and Moffet to bring back Gallefrey in a way that doesn't undermine the importance of the Doctor losing the Timelords, only for ******* Chibnall to come along and have the Master OFF-SCREEN GALLEFREY.
To me, it seems like an attempt to reconcile The Doctor's past lives, The Other (who's all-but confirmed to be Tecteun now) and The Hybrid storyline in one package. But it fails on pretty much all levels, including and especially continuity.

Jesus, don't get me started on The Master killing all of the Time Lords off-screen with 0 explanation.

The Flux storyline made a much better attempt at reconciling EU and TV elements, like the anchoring of the thread, without compromising the story and the DWU's internal logic/consistency. Which is saying something when consistency in DWU is notoriously tangled.

Last edited:
Remembrance of the Daleks is my favourite.
Really, that's interesting.
I really like The Time of the Doctor and the return of the doctor mysterio
I love Time of the Doctor, and the other two major additions as well but I despised the Doctor Mysterio episodes lol

Mostly because while "What if the Doctor and Superman were friends" is hilarious on paper, I think I'd just rather see a DC-BBC crossover at that point in a comic or something rather than on TV with a knock-off Superman

To me, it seems like an attempt to reconcile The Doctor's past lives, The Other (who's all-but confirmed to be Tecteun now) and The Hybrid storyline in one package. But it fails on pretty much all levels, including and especially continuity.
It was definitely an attempt.

TBH, I think the best shield for the Doctor's continuity and past is just never showing it. Hell, I think the earliest we were shown before this was the Doctor as a little boy or girl crying in "Listen!" (Which is a great episode, but has 0 payoff, which is annoying. Good episode, bad conclusion)
Smile was scary but it was an interesting episode
Smile was a fascinating episode about the potential danger from Robots and the idea "you have to smile while your friends are being exterminated around you" is horrifying. It was brought down my Moffet's strange taste in "Howdy do fellow kids?" type humour at the time since the Doctor was an Old Man now, so he had Emojis, wearable technology, and so on.

Flatline (especially Flatline).
Really? I did enjoy Flatline, though I think the first half is better than the latter half, when the Boneless didn't really have bodies and just did things.

I think they had to get really creative with the Boneless and the camera work for that episode made them really cool.

Also, the Doctor got one of the best speeches in that episode too which redeemed the second half for me.

Heaven Sent and Midnight are up there, as well.
I stan both Heaven Sent and Turn Left.

I enjoyed Midnight, but too much left ambiguous for a satisfying conclusion.

That and it's very tense, which makes it exhausting to watch in a good way. Basically one of those episodes I'll watch, think it was good but never watch again.

Is all of 13th doctor stuff bad or are there a few good episodes from the 13th doctor stuff?
Tragically, the Show's Writer and co-writers are just not good at writing for Doctor Who.

An example of this is that the Doctor has always been political, always. 10th makes a snarky comment to Donna when she says she doesn't own slaves about who made her clothes.

12th Doctor literally mocked Late Stage Capitalism where workers were being killed on a Space Station because Big Corpo though they weren't worth the Oxygen

Another example from the 12th Doctor was his speech against War itself and why it's so important.

During the Turn Left episode, the episode tactfully and blatantly shows the horrors of Ethno-Nationalism, with Willfred, who's implied to have grown up or even possibly fought in the Second World War says "That's what they said last time [...] It's happening again" talking about Concentration Camps.

In essence, Political themes aren't new, however, the ability of the current writer to handle these political themes are closer to a 14 year old on Tumblr ranting about something that annoyed them.

Episodes like Rosa and Demons of the Punjab are not only poorly handled, in the case of Rosa, implying her choice to refuse to move for a white man on the bus as a random event, not one that was calculated by many very intelligent people, including Rosa herself.

The last thing people want when they're consuming political media is to feel lectured, you'll notice in all these instances, these clips aren't the entire episode, they just frame it. But consistently, Chibnall's writing is like he's trying to constantly hammer home a political message that no reasonable person would disagree with:

"Genocide is bad, actually", "Racism is bad, actually", "Global Warming bad, actually"

Tragically, Jodey (13th Doctor) is objectively a good actress, she is. However, she is just led is the wrong ways, the Writer literally told her not to watch any Doctor Who so she'd know how to act and what direction she was given by the Directors and Writing staff led her to be more like a quirky Doctor's companion rather than the Doctor

Fugitive Doctor Titan Comic's Origin has a good story that reuses the elements of the Time Lords being able to adapt to a new planet after regenerating like how those Time Wave soldiers in The Tanking of planet 5, but the division took care to limit this so that not happens with random Gallifreyans/Time Lords

Back