• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
a place where Doctor Who fans can comment on anything related to the series, be it a CRT or something more mundane like the opinion of an episode or novel

My Future projects:

Fix Great Old one Profiles and add Quantum Mnemonics.

Biodata being conceptual and the nature of Time Vortex

The enemy (?)

Void Stuff

question how does one make a eye of harmony.

cause I heard you can rewrite the laws of physics with it?

can you do conceptual manipulation type 1 with it too?

question how does one make a eye of harmony.
Ask to Could've Been King (Omega), the embodiment of the ego (Rassilon) and the ???? (the Other)

It is not really known exactly how they did it, although there are several clues, such as First Black hole, the first time manipulation based on technology together with solar engineering and reality stabilizers, the true description has not yet been given iirc cuz retcons.

but with Block Transfer Computation you can create a copy with a fraction of its power
cause I heard you can rewrite the laws of physics with it?

can you do conceptual manipulation type 1 with it too?
Biodata or Quantum Mnemonics? technically both should be able to do it because Biodata is of an ontological and abstract nature that with sufficiently advanced and stable engineering, you can bend the laws of physics, Quantum Mnemonics are canonically more powerful than Block Transfer Computation and the most powerful hax of the old time lords

Ask to Could've Been King (Omega), the embodiment of the ego (Rassilon) and the ???? (the Other)

It is not really known exactly how they did it, although there are several clues, such as First Black hole, the first time manipulation based on technology together with solar engineering and reality stabilizers, the true description has not yet been given iirc cuz retcons.

but with Block Transfer Computation you can create a copy with a fraction of its power

Biodata or Quantum Mnemonics? technically both should be able to do it because Biodata is of an ontological and abstract nature that with sufficiently advanced and stable engineering, you can bend the laws of physics, Quantum Mnemonics are canonically more powerful than Block Transfer Computation and the most powerful hax of the old time lords

though how do time lords do CM 1 again?

examples?

also I wonder oliver can you type in a gallifreyan sentence cause I heard time lords have their own language

Question would it have been a good idea if the daleks became extinct

I've got pretty much every piece of faction paradox media, and have been planning some enemy stuff for quite a while.
Related to this, will we divide their key into two parts? like Pre-Retcon/Doctor Who | Post-Retcon/Faction Paradox

It's not exactly a retcon. They explain that The Doctor's attempt to erase the War in Heaven failed because Romana's Gallifrey was actually an echo created from a core probability (much like the other Gallifreys).
  • The fractals shifted, an ending bloomed, and they saw Mathara and Kristeva taking their piece of Empire back to the corrupted War Queen and her Homeworld’s blazing orange sky, Faction boneships brittled and armed, descending even as the Edifice shadow covered the false Grandfather and the—Mother and Father spitefully watched that Homeworld, one of many sheath echoes believing itself to be the original, detonate. Everyone connected to the screaming noosphere would either flock to other cloneworlds or fall from Warring Heaven, crashing to the Lesser Species. Their hearts would decay in their chest, their timelines rotting into thorned patchworks of broken memories.
The real War in Heaven was still aborted, but differently (and still involving Romana).

I'm planning to talk about that in the new Dalek thread.

Basically, yes, but explicitly war-time developments (Gravity Spiders, for example) might not.

There's a lot of War in Heaven (I'll just call it WH from now on) technology that was used during the Time War, anyway. Plus, I imagine like 99% of the technology would have been replicated there, since both the Daleks and Time Lords drew on alternate timelines for new technologies.

@ByAsura

We consider that the Cacophany aka Carnival Queen is right that the Pre-universe is the Dark Time before the Anchorage or it is a previous universe according to the description of other ancient gods?

according to what i read Saraquazel was restricted by the power of the laws of N-Space, so that means that the anchor and therefore the eye of Harmony at its maximum power can weaken beings of more than 11D?

I really don't know. The novels tend to be either insanely unclear, or don't line up with each other.

Not exactly. The After-Universe has different physical laws from both the pre-universe and the current universe. It's these new laws that gave the gods their powers, so it's more like the effects of alien physical laws in general alter beings who aren't designed for them.

I really don't know. The novels tend to be either insanely unclear, or don't line up with each other.

Not exactly. The After-Universe has different physical laws from both the pre-universe and the current universe. It's these new laws that gave the gods their powers, so it's more like the effects of alien physical laws in general alter beings who aren't designed for them.
well, I ask because, I knew so well about the laws of physics that feed the power of the Gods, these same ones were created by the time lords so it makes me think that they(TL) inadvertently created that effect, after all, Time lords use Quantum Mnemonics in ancient times according to the accounts of the Matrix and annexing various creations of the Old One as part of Gallifrey's territory.

they discarded it because it went directly against their principles after they finished anchoring and structuring the story as they tried to be less "violent with reality", they probably looked for less extreme ways to warp reality and Rassilon only allowed their secrecy to some people (Probably other Matrix Lords).

"Quantum mnemonics, the dark science of an earlier race of Time Lords, made block transfer computation seem like a conjuring trick. With just a few words, a practitioner of their great art could grasp the basic nature of reality around the throat and shake it into a new configuration. A bon mot of quantum mnemonics could bring about a premature death, or a run of good luck. A sentence could transform a planet's history and destiny, changing a world of barbaric war into an elysium. And a carefully constructed paragraph could rewrite the entire universe. Or destroy it utterly."

Although I don't know if they have used it in the Time War

I've read Millennial Rites. The earlier race of Time Lord bit refers to the fact that the Great Old Ones are considered the equivalents to Time Lords (basically the top of the universal food chain) in their previous universe.

I've read Millennial Rites. The earlier race of Time Lord bit refers to the fact that the Great Old Ones are considered the equivalents to Time Lords (basically the top of the universal food chain) in their previous universe.
Yes, I know that, they has been compared at various times to the time lords not only there but in other novels iirc

Yes, I know that, they has been compared at various times to the time lords not only there but in other novels iirc
I checked, and I still can't find anything that substantial.

There's some stuff here and there about them tapping into it, but not to that kind of level.

IIRC, it's not even particularly uncommon for the higher races to either have inferior facsimiles or use it to a small extent.

I checked, and I still can't find anything that substantial.

There's some stuff here and there about them tapping into it, but not to that kind of level.

IIRC, it's not even particularly uncommon for the higher races to either have inferior facsimiles or use it to a small extent.
Well, if you said, i am ok

I think The Doctor and Master, even Time lords are missing some basic abilities like regeneration and resurrection

Was it true oliver that the doctor was actually going to destroy the universe. Aka the pandorica episode. Or was it an excuse for his enemies to lock him up.

Was it true oliver that the doctor was actually going to destroy the universe. Aka the pandorica episode. Or was it an excuse for his enemies to lock him up.
iirc they said the Doctor was going to destroy universes with the crack just by his presence. The alien alliance trapped him in pandorica and causes it to reset the reality, make all the stars in the multiverse disappear to save the world.

It was Silence using a doctor's TARDIS force and destroying a Tardis in a brutal way already affects the Time Vortex without anything that contains the collateral effect, they blamed him.
Actually pretty sure that was meant to be 11d reset?
Unless whatever it was that destroyed Time, it was the Eye of Harmony and that needs a statement, then all I can tell you is that it's Low 1-C, the destruction of N-Space only counts the Time Vortex itself, needs more context to scaling the SFR
Why tho? I mean obviously he is not going to spam it, but that's the extent of his power so removing it is stupid
Hmm, I didn't know that, so if a character only uses it for a once and short time can't count?
🤷

"In a far future event the TARDIS explodes and the Eye of Harmony within it causes temporal energy to burn at every point in time and space simultaneously. Cracks begin to appear and some are big enough for whole planets to fall through.

The light pouring out the cracks carrries so much temporal power that it wipes from existence anything it touches-so species across the universe come together to lock up the Doctor and prevent this event from ever happening."

-The Visual Dictionary

so yes, it was the Eye of harmony, although the universe and time-Space can mean many things

Ranging its feelers through the underlying structure of space, it felt something new. At a point relatively near, within thirty thousand light years of its epicentre, the expanding mesh of five-space in which everything three-dimensional was embedded was thicker, juicier, plump, bulging out into metaspace in a huge node of food.

-The Tanking of Planet 5

Last edited:
Question the Web of Time is the Time Vortex or simply that the Web of Time was made on top of the Time Vortex?

Back