• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Strange Travel Speed Upgrade?

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/06/avengers-infinity-war-doctor-strange-time-stone-hidden/

So in an interview with the screenwriter and the director, they confirm that Doctor Strange hid the Time Stone in a star. We do know that Doctor can't teleport to places that he hasn't been to so he must have hidden it in the star closest to Titan by traveling there. If we assume that the distance between Titan and its star is similar to our Sun and Earth. Then it would be 149.6 million km or 149.6 billion m. Strange and everyone, in the movie, start making their plan at 1:24:00 and the fight start at 1:46:00 meaning they only had 22 minutes, or 20 minutes if we assume that he had minute or 2 to explain the plan. So taking S=D/T.

Speed in km/hr = 149.6x10^6 / 0.33 = 448.8x10^6 km/hr

Speed in m/s = 149.6x10^9 / 1200 = 124.6x10^6 m/s

Before anyone says that it could be the Earth's Sun, nowhere did the director or screenwriter say that, and only said 'a star' meaning not just any star, but the star closest to Titan.

Also, the only reason Strange was able to retrieve it so quickly is due to my previous statement, he can only teleport to places he's been to before, in which this case, he teleported the time stone back to himself.

Not sure if this would change other's speed since it travel speed.

So any chance of an upgrade?

Edit:

Completely forgot that he also has to come back so divide the time by 2.

Speed in km/hr = 149.6x10^6 / 0.16 = 897.6x10^6 km/hr

Speed in m/s = 149.6x10^9 / 600 = 249.3x10^6 m/s

If he really can't teleport to places he hasn't been the I guess an upgrade for Travel Speed is ok. Don't know if the calc is correct. You should put this in a blog and get it evaluated by the Calc members.

InfiniteSped said:
Actually, it says "among the stars", which is vague as hell. Could be pretty much anywhere in space
It is pretty vague, but I think he may be talking about 'among the stars' of Titan. If anything, Strange has shown not to even reach Odin who was on Earth despite being able to feel his power, for which he needed something like a strand of hair from Thor, confirming that he indeed can't go to places or people he has never seen or been to before. It also says, 'Strange's efforts' meaning it was something he couldn't do casually, like teleporting, which comes down to him hiding the stones by travelling 'among the stars' of Titan.

Dante Demon Killah said:
"Among the stars" is vague af, actually the feat itself is vague
I can understand the statement being vague, but how is the feat vague? I've already explained that Strange can't go to places he doesn't know of unless he has been there. Strange has shown flight so easy to assume that he flew to the stars.

It could just be a plot hole. We preferably need to see feats demonstrated or clearly verified in order to use them.

Isn't it an assumption that he must have travelled to a star via flight off-screen? That could easily just have been the story writers forgetting about or ignoring Strange's stated limitations for his teleportation.

It is an assumption, but not a plot hole. Doctor Strange seems to summon the stone to his hand, instead of make it travel to light-years away. Also, the calc is wrong too.

M3X said:
It is an assumption, but not a plot hole. Doctor Strange seems to summon the stone to his hand, instead of make it travel to light-years away. Also, the calc is wrong too.
It is not an assumption, it was confirmed by the director and screenwriter of the movie that he hid it among the stars. He first travelled to the stars to hide it, then retrieve it using teleportation. If anything, he didn't use the stone to make sure that Thanos doesn't end up killing everybody when becoming serious.

Well, if this has been officially confirmed and does not contradict the in-story information, I suppose that Doctor Strange may have MFTL+ flight speed.

Nothing there talks about Titan's stars, only "among the stars". Could be literally anywhere in space, and in a place that he went in the several years between Doctor Strange and IF.

Antvasima said:
Well, if this has been officially confirmed and does not contradict the in-story information, I suppose that Doctor Strange may have MFTL+ flight speed.
Wouldn't that be a highball? Also, he did it in about 10 minutes (at least according to the run-time of the movie) and if he hid it in the star closest to Titan, then he would only be Relativistic to Relativistic+ since light takes 8 minutes and 20 seconds to travel from the sun to the Earth and he went and came back in 20 minutes (again, at least according to the run time of the movie).

@Rana

I suppose that is a good point.

Schnee One said:
Couldn't Strange just make a portal over there?
He can't, he's shown that he can't go to places he's never been to, similar to Odin who's power could be felt, but still couldn't track him. He'd have to first travel to his destination, to which he can later easily teleport to later on.

Back