• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Again, if All Might can't even breach the bubble shield and can't catch Steven by surprise if he can get him out of there, what's his win condition?

Heck, that logic would even mess up Steven himself right here, since his bubble wouldn't activate instantly anymore, the time it takes for his gem to glow and for it to form around him would be slowed down to be the exact same as Steven's and All Might's movement speed.

If a character's power requires it to move slightly faster than them for it to function properly (which most projectiles do), then there's no reason to assume it wouldn't move slightly faster than them, because if we did, the speed equalization wouldn't just be taking away the speed stats, it would be taken away several abilities of the characters, and you can't ban abilities.

IMG_2582.jpg

Just make a damn thread

I don't like to make threads, you can tell that by the amount of threads I've made, I've ben here for years, yet I've made like, three or four at most.

@Schnee

Is it just me this may be a mismatch, if Steven doesn't even need to see All Night's attack coming for his bubble to protect him and it not depending on Stamina?

Anyway, here's what I think:

Equalizing the speed of the projectiles would completely destroy the moveset of range based characters; if we go by the logic you're using, then if a characrer has a gun, but the character itself is not as fast as a bullet, then the bullet would slowly float across the battlefield like it was in slow-motion, rendering it useless.

Also, keep in mind this has literally nothing to do with the actual speed stat listed on the page, I'm not saying projectiles shouldn't be affected at all, their speed should be lowered as well, it's just that it needs to be slightly faster than the character's movement speed for it to proprely works, so it should still be slightly faster, because equalization doesnt take away a character's power, even if it is a speed based power; if you equalize everything, then you're taking away a character's power, which you shouldn't be allowed to do, and if this wiki allows things like this to happen, then this wiki has a problem.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about this, if you don't want to talk about that, then let's just go back to the fight.

Wait, I just noticed this on All Might's profile.

Due to the destructive nature of his powers, he cannot go all out if there are innocent lives in the crossfire. He has a weak spot on the left side of his torso.

If that's true, wouldn't he not be able to go all out since Steven has Pearl in his pocket in the OP?

But didn't he literally just poof a corrupted gem? By doing so would likely see the gem on it's body? And then see it fall to the ground after poofing it? Why would he then assume that the one in Steven's pocket is just a normal gem? That doesn't add up.

Okay, rereading it he does say he's going to take the poofed one back to jail. Doesn't mean he thinks that the one Steven has is the same. It's not like having the same quirk is common in All Might's verse.

That... just doesn't make sense to me. I mean he literally says in the OP "Young man! Did you see any more of these creatures?" To which Steven replies, "Nope! I think that's the last of them. We make a pretty good team!" So he knows more of them exist. It just doesn't make sense that he wouldn't think that's another gem.

Okay, then him saying creatures mean he's only run into corrupted gems which to him would be villains and not innocent lives.

Don't use Wright setting as too much of a guide. Even if you decide to, it's pretty obvious All Might thinks it's merely a gem that he stole and that the shield is a quirk of Steven's. It doesn't hold actual consequence in the battle.

Hmm... you may be right, though I still don't see a way for him to get past Steven's defenses. Plus, if we are going with what Paulo said about projectile speed, then All Might will get blitzed by Steven's relativistic attacks.

I still feel this is a mismatch if Weekly is right and Steven's Shields come on instinctively even if All Might goes after him when he ain't expecting anything. Toshinori can only hope Steven falls asleep and stays like that for an hour.

I mean, Steven's never fallen asleep mid-battle before. Though if he did, he could use his mind powers to just possess All Might and like, throw him off a cliff or something. Though, like I said, it's unlikely. Also Steven could just turn on his spike bubbles and impale All Might if he tries to punch his bubble.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
What I mean is that All Might is pretty much devoid of a way to win.
I've changed the win condition so hopefully All Might has a way to win now.

Just gonna point out that SBA says the highest tier, and if the tier is the same for two keys then the most recent version. So no, saying 6-C would still get the injured all might.

WeeklyBattles said:
Which is what?
Killing Steven. Originally he could only KO or Incap but that would just let Steven possess him so hopefully this is more fair.

AnonymousBlank said:
He still can't get passed the bubble shield if it reacts independently of Steven.
It doesn't. It's only done that in Season 1 back when he couldn't control it.

Plus even if it doesn't react instinctively it only takes a split second to do so, is activated with a thought, and its very out of character for Steven to drop his guard against someone who he knows is actively trying to kill him

Also, keep in mind that Steven has to lower his bubble in order to attack (or else the only way to attack he would have is the spiked bubble, which is pretty limited), and he has never used the "stay in the bubble for several hours without ever dropping it even for a single second until the opponent gets tired" strategy in the actual show, so he's likely gonna have to attack sooner or later.

It is in character for him to constantly use his shields and play defensively, yes, which is completely different from hidding inside the shield without ever dropping it or without ever attacking or doing anything else from several hours.

If the opponent is wailing on his shields for several hours and being generally threatening (ex. Jasper or Corrupt Gems) He will stay in for as long as he needs to

Yeah, good thing literally nobody is going to be wailing on his shields for several hours unless they're mindess beasts; he isn't going to do that when fighting an actual opponent, as shown when he drops it twice in the fight against Topaz, uses it literally only once in the fight against Amethyst after he had already been caught by her whips and later drops it in order to attack, the fact that he drops it in his fight against Bismuth (in which he also only uses it once) or the fact that we see him without the bubble right after he uses it to attack Blue Diamond; he really doesn't abuse defence that much, he gets in and out of it constantly and gets out of it in order to attack, which gives the opponent several chances to attack him, and he has never used it to out-stamina an opponent, like, at all.

Steven has no offensive techniques that aren't simultaneously defensive techniques unless he's fighting in tandem with Connie

And yeah no shit he's never outstaminaed anyone in a verse where anyone he fights has Limitless stamina

Back