• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yes, he has, those techniques being kicking, punching, throwing things at the opponent, attacking with his sword, or just grabbing the opponent and throwing them. AsI said, he's a mostly defensive character, but he is much more likely to go offensively than you're implying.

Also, keep in mind that regardless of the fact that Gems have limitless stamina, you still have to show a character using a certain strategy, because if they haven't used it at any point in the source material, then it is out of character for them, that's kind of how it works.

He did at that point, and he used it, showing that he is willing to go offensively instead of defensively if he has the opportunity to do so, which is what I've been saying for hours; also, you're ignoring 99% of the points in my last response.

WeeklyBattles said:
You guys get so annoyed when someone does that though it's honestly kinda hilarious
It's because I've seen people do it unironically, and I just find it weird. If I'm annoyed at anything it you assuming that I'm "butthurt" (yes I saw that edit) when I was generally curious, I even waited to make that comment just in case. (Sorry to derail but I don't want to be called names for asking a question)

Anyway, the point is, Steven is not a 100% defensive character, he is going to drop that shield and try to attack or do something else, he always does, and I honestly don't know why in pretty much every thread that has him in it, people assume he would use a strategy that he has never used at any point in the show, I'm starting to think that people here don't even watch Steven Universe.

He didn't use it as an attack though, all he did was blindly point it at Bismuth and she impaled herself on accident.

Throwing the statue at Bismuth isn't something he did willingly, he did it because it would have crushed him otherwise, and he even warned Bismuth beforehand because he didnt want her to get hurt

The figh5 against Eyeball literally took place inside his bubble, how exactly do you expect him to use his bubble while inside his bubble already?

For every one feat of steven fighting without his bubble and shield there are 10 feats of him fighting by turtle shelling

Blindly attacking someone is still attacking someone.

He could have thrown it at literally any diection, or just formed his bubble or used his shield so it wouldn't crush him, but he used it as an opportunity to attack, because who wouldn't? He was clearly trying to stop her without hurting her.

He could have summoned his shield, which is kind of his main weapon of defense, even more than his bubble, but he took the opportunity to attack instead, because who wouldn't?

Also, you're ignoring the Amethyst fight.

Steven attacks pretty constantly if he gets the chance to do so, because it is a fight, he has to attack, he isn't going to hide in his bubble and do nothing; he is a mostly defensive character, but he is going to try to attack sooner or later.

Also, no, there aren't 10 feats of Steven hidding inside his bubble and doing nothing else for hours upon hours to make the opponent run out of stamina, because he's never done so in the show and it is out of character for him to do so.

Except he didnt blindly attack. sticking out your fist and someone running into it isn't the same thing as punching someone in the face

He did summon his shield in his fight with Eyeball my dude

Steven vs Anethyst, the fight where Steven was purposely fighting badly and trying to lose in order to prove to Amethyst that he wasnt better than her. Yes that is clearly an accurat3 representation of how he fights.

Yes, he did blindly attack, that's what happened in the scene, he swung the sword without looking; also, you're ignoring the secend paragraph or my last comment.

Yes, but we're not talking about the entire fight, we're talking about the scene where he threw Eyeball out of the bubble in specific; you're saying Steven will never try to attack any opponent under any circumstances no matter what happens, because he will always defend 100% of the time, and that was one of the examples of Steven attacking when he could have defended.

They weren't trying to propusefully lose, I really don't know where people got that idea from, they were trying to prove the other one is better, and they wouldn't be doing that if they lost porpusifully, they needed the other one to win fairly; they literally say "no holding back" before the fight starts, and if he wanted to lose like this, he would just have let her hit him. Also, saying that Steven Vs Amethyst can't be used as an argument because of that would really be a hypocrisy on your part.

Again, Steven is in fact a mostly defensive character, but he will drop the bubble attack once he gets the chance, I've given you an entire list of times he's done so, meanwhile, you still haven't given me the 10 feats of Steven hidding inside his bubble and doing nothing else for hours upon hours to make the opponent run out of stamina you mentioned earlier.

Paulo, I just wanna say, I'm unsure if you're trying to argue for All Might to win but if you are, you're shooting yourself in the foot here. Didn't you argue above that projectile attacks shouldn't be slowed down in a speed equal match? If that is true, then All Might would get blitzed by Steven's Relativistic attacks.

No, I'm not arguing for All Might to win, I couldn't care less for All Might, I'm just giving my oppinion on stuff I disagree with, and at no point I said they shouldn't be slowed down, in fact, quite the opposite:

"Also, keep in mind this has literally nothing to do with the actual speed stat listed on the page', I'm not saying projectiles shouldn't be affected at all, their speed should be lowered as well, it's just that 'it needs to be slightly faster than the character's movement speed for it to proprely works, so it should still be slightly faster, because equalization doesnt take away a character's power, even if it is a speed based power; if you equalize everything, then you're taking away a character's power, which you shouldn't be allowed to do, and if this wiki allows things like this to happen, then this wiki has a problem."

Basically, the shield would be faster than Steven, but not Relativistic, just slightly faster than the two characters, with no specific speed level, because a projectile that isn't faster than the character who threw it wouldn't properly work (imagine having a gun, except the bullet is only as fast a human; that would be useless, since the entire point of a bullet is that it travel faster than the target, it can't work without it, which is why you can't kill someone by picking up a bullet and throwing it with your won hands), the actual speed stat listed on the page has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

Steven can still reflect any shockwaves All Might tries to use as they still have to cross the distance between them in the time it takes Steven to think

Then what are you saying...? Steven not turtle shelling =/= Steven never uses his shield and bubble to protect himself in combat, and thats coupled with his AP and general durability being ~2x that of All Might's

As I said, I couldn't care less if All Might wins, it's just that the way you're saying the equalization works completely ***** up any ranged attack, which would ruin any ranged battle in this entire wiki.

Also, I have literally no idea where the hell you saw me saying "Steven never uses his shield and bubble to protect himself in combat"; what I said was "Steven isn't going to spend 100% of the fight inside the bubble without ever attacking", heck, I've even said multiple times that he is in fact a defensive character (Press Ctrl F and then type the word "defensive" if you need proof), it's just that you're saying that just because he's mostly defensive, this means he will never try to attack no matter what, which is in fact not true.

Have you made the thread about speed equalized attack speed yet? Because you were told multiple times to do so at this point.

As I've said, I don't like to make threads (I don't know why, I just get really anxious when someone replies to a thread I made, must be some phobia or something), and if you speed equalization rules are terrible, that's your problem, which is why when you guys asked me to drop this topic, I did, until CinnabarManx421 decided to bring it back hundreds of responses later even tho what we were talking about had nothing to do with it.

Back