• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discussion Thread for Death Battle Episodes 100 and 101 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jasonsith I mainly don't because I'm bad with that code and I'm not quite sure how to enter my text and not screw it up. I try to keep the fight spoilers to a minimum, only discussing specific research points at worst

Are people too lazy to use a spoiler tag as taught here?

Tbf...it's not really that big a deal. It's just an internet fight that you shouldn't really get triggered over. Even then, I didn't spoil much all things considered. Also, I didn't know "Spoiler Tags" were necessary when I started typing on yhis and the last thread, so chill, bruh...

TheFinalOrder said:
Are people too lazy to use a spoiler tag as taught here?
Tbf...it's not really that big a deal. It's just an internet fight that you shouldn't really get triggered over. Even then, I didn't spoil much all things considered. Also, I didn't know "Spoiler Tags" were necessary when I started typing on yhis and the last thread, so chill, bruh...
You cant justify Spoiler when most people didnt see it and wouldn´t see it until two days has passed. Besides it´s frustrating to people who wanted to see the winner and next fight for themselves (like me) and not thanks to someone who cant hold something for two more days or just use spoiler tag.

"It´s outrageous and unfair" - Anakin Skywalker.

Good thing you deleted the comment tho.

So Roshi's moon busting feat wasn't an outlier all along. By the way, can someone please tell me why Roshi is faster than light? According to ScrewAttack, he is slower than Jiraiya.

Roshi power scales from other High 4-C characters who are FTL+ due to being superior to Supreme Kai during the Tournament of Power. Also, don't take everything Screwattack says literally.

JohnCenaNation said:
So Roshi's moon busting feat wasn't an outlier all along. By the way, can someone please tell me why Roshi is faster than light? According to ScrewAttack, he is slower than Jiraiya.
In the results, they actually say Roshi either matches or surpasses Jiraiya's speed, but the Kamehameha is much faster than any of Jiraiya's speed feats.

The only way you can argue Roshi's feat isn't an outlier is with Shenron's moon level feat (Given that Shenron < King Piccolo too) but even that's shakey.

Though I noticed they calced Roshi's 7-B feat as 7-A... If that is the case, then King Piccolo's feat may really be just an low end feat. The math may be wrong, but if it ain't...

@SD, we don't use the word "Anti-Feat", we just say "Low end feat." An "Anti-feat" by definition is someone failing to do something such as getting killed by a bullet. Also, Manga Super Roshi is apparently 3-A and Massively FTL+.

Goten and Trunks could be much stronger now than they were in Buu saga. Plus, Master Roshi and Tien are still on par with each other, which Tien can destroy Kachi Katchin which is stronger than regular Katchin, which Supreme Kai couldn't even scratch. However you look at it; Roshi is above Supreme Kai at this point in time.

So the next match is pretty much what everyone has predicted... if they go by "base forms" without augmentations, I can already guess who wins.

Damn, I'll have to updade [] and make him a blog before that. I wasn't counting on that..

Boi I'm so hyped for next week (Kinda hoping we get a war of armies going on as they fight)

Also Ef's updating Thanos reminds me I might have to do that with DC's street tiers and Darkseid.

So how can Darkside win this? I mean, unless they're in a universe outside the one the Thanos comes from, hasn't Thanos with the full power Infinity Gauntlet only lost due to CIS &/or PIS? Like with Thanos dropping the cosmic cube?

I mean, in the Infinity Gauntlet's universe, doesn't it make Thanos aware of all life, thoughts, feelings, etc. (Soul Stone & Mind Stone), knowing of all time (Time Stone), all space (Space Stone), & kinda all-powerful via the Power & Reality Stone combined with the other two?

Death Battle does make characters behave normally, aside from removing restrictions that would make them not kill, but if Thanos did employ the IG's powers optimally, wouldn't he effectively be omnipotent, omniscient, & due to being aware of everything & having control over time, impossible to outspeed?

Outsmarting has happened, but with the knowledge he would have access to, if the IG's powers were employed, wouldn't it be nigh-impossible to outsmart Thanos?

How can Darkside beat that? If they're in a universe where the IG doesn't work, what if Darkside has the Antilife Equation? Doesn't he then stomp Thanos?

And what if, crazily enough, it ends up being both of them in base?

Legit the IG makes everything we see he's going to do as something he already did, that is a reality even abstracts aren't aware, let alone being able to bring something new (except TLT).

And that's ignoring the Heart of the Universe.

@Imaginym If it's base Darkseid takes it in a good fight though I can see them using stuff like the IG, Anti Life Equation, hell maybe even the HOTU and Soul Fire

Eficiente said:
Legit the IG makes everything we see he's going to do as something he already did, that is a reality even abstracts aren't aware, let alone being able to bring something new (except TLT).
And that's ignoring the Heart of the Universe.
What's the TLT? Also, I don't know that much about the HOTU, nor the Soul Fire. Anyone willing to exposit on them for me?

Darkseid can drag Thanos into Apokolips, meaning his IG is usless. Thanos won't get HotU because that's a stomp. Base Darkseid beats base Thanos and Darkseid with ALE beats Thanos with IG. Unless ScrewAttack decides to make it a stomp and allows Thanos to have the HotU, there is no way Thanos is winning this one.

Screwattack do not care stomps. However, it is arguable if HotU is Thanos' standard arsenal or Regulator Thanos is a thing. If not, True Darkseid wins by existing.

But if HotU Thanos, Regulator Thanos, Soulfire Darkseid and True Darkseid are removed and just IG Thanos vs ALE Darkseid, Thanos may actually win. And under bloodlust assumptions Thanos will go for ending Darkseid in a way Darkseid cannot come back even with resurrection. (Screwattack literally said the combatants are bloodlusted instead of "having no option but to kill" in their recent Death Battle Cast.)

@TitanCrusher101: ALE Darkseid beats IG Thanos? Why is that? Isn't IG Thanos heightenedly aware of all things, arguably to the point of omniscience, & possessing of the Mind & Soul Stones, & resistant to Mind Manipulation?

Also, regarding later posts why is BFR-ing an option? Doesn't IG Thanos control time & space? As well as reality? How & why could or couldn't the IG's powers stop Darkseid having either or both of them interdimensionally travelling?

@Jasonsith: Link to the video at the point they said that?

TitanCrusher101 said:
Darkseid can drag Thanos into Apokolips, meaning his IG is usless. Thanos won't get HotU because that's a stomp. Base Darkseid beats base Thanos and Darkseid with ALE beats Thanos with IG. Unless ScrewAttack decides to make it a stomp and allows Thanos to have the HotU, there is no way Thanos is winning this one.
Base Darkseid regularly gets knocked around by anyone with Super and Wonder attached to their names. And Thanos is not that dumb to let Darkseid "drag" him Apokolips, he'd get negged by Thanos before that.

Wait, have they said that their using Darkseid's true form? Because I was about to say "How much are you willing to bet they'll forget that Darkseid's true form even exists?"

Anyway, I'm guessing the way the battle will end is Darkseid's true form appearing, Thanos stopping time and/or firing a beam with all the stones ala infinity war, then Darkseid just lolnopes/tanks it before killing Thanos. Wait, would true form Darkseid have a counter to Thanos' ability to time stop immeasureables if Thanos even had the chance to do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back