• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discussion Thread for Death Battle Episodes 100 and 101 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
What in starnation?! said:
How does one speak in the spoiler brackets again?
The Spoiler Tag (VSBW)

And we need the spoiler tag not for a short period of time because the Youtube video for Mario vs Sonic 2018 has already been out.

Useful when discussing Ultron vs Sigma when the final video was out on Rooster Teeth but not on Youtube.

Given that rematches are not out of the question right now, I wonder if Cloud vs Link will be done again. I mean, Ben did express interest in his blogs to bring Cloud back and felt he wasn't too fair with him in his fight, IIRC. Though if you ask me I don't think the result of that DB would change.

I mean, on this site at least Cloud wins mostly due to AP advantage, which comes from the japanese version of the Supernova which is like x1000 times stronger, and gear setups (materia and equipment) that protect him from Link's haxes; DB would likely consider the international version of the Supernova and find a huge "but" in it, like how Cloud only takes a fragment of the overall explosion. In the case of equipment, they now go with stuff strictly backed up by canon, so Cloud is unlikely to get non-basic materia or strong materia combinations, or even strong armors.

On the other hand, they do go against the canon support rule to use composites, so Link still keeps this huge advantage while Cloud doesn't really get anything from Dissidia and KH's would likely be considered a different Cloud.

On the bright side, it's likely Cloud would get a much more fair analysis regarding his feats and more impressive stats and they will do away with the made up weaknesses they used before, like him being a dumb muscle or that he only knows how to swing around the Buster Sword, and Link would get a win based on more legit stuff like superior arsenal, skills or abilities.

This season of Death Battle is supposed to be heavily pulling from/influenced by the top 10% of requested matches on the forum. If I could find it, I'd pull out some matches that looked interesting, since the season finale will most likely be the #1 requested match. Also, I would like to see some rematches of the very early episodes, they could be very interesting with the new rules and animation quality.

Also, while we're on the subject of future Death Battles, one I would love to see would be Kei Kurono from Gantz go against Kaneki Ken from Tokyo Ghoul. Both of them were normal people pulled into a world of monsters against their will and forced to fight to survive in their new circumstances. Could be fun.

So Master Roshi vs Jiraiya is next. Roshi is so far ahead of Jiraiya it isn't even funny. They'll make it cinematic, but Roshi should come out on top

To be fair, they likely started research on this before Roshis buffs, so it is possible for them to have believed that Roshi was somewhere around Naruto characters levels, considering aside from ToP he has been MIA. They also say that they wouldn't know if it's a stomp until they actually finish the research, and by that point it would be too late to change, so this should be fine.

The only way Jiraiya realistically wins is if he uses the toad song Genjutsu. But even then, like Toph vs Gaara, Jiraiya shouldn't last long enough to even enter SM.

Spoilers for Death Battle Ep 102
For animation purpose I expect we will watch Max Power Master Roshi vs Sage Jiraiya while Roshi will perform some UI feats before finishing Jiraiya off.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
The thing with toph, is she can everything that DB said..... But she'd get blitzed and one shot Ted before anything.
Exactly. Should be no different here, lol.

Jasonsith said:
Spoilers for Death Battle Ep 102
For animation purpose I expect we will watch Max Power Master Roshi vs Sage Jiraiya while Roshi will perform some UI feats before finishing Jiraiya off.
Perhaps, but Aside from the dodging aspect, UI doesn't really help against SM sensing and field awareness. They "kinda" cancel out

I know we consider it an outlier here, but I'm almost positive SA will use Roshi's early moon busting feat. I expect that to get him the win, because I don't expect them to place Roshi at star level.

Ultron vs Sigma scaling just poked massives holes in the previous Death Battles

Megaman vs Astro Boy

Thor Vs Wonder Woman

Metal Sonic vs Zero

Eggman Vs Wily

Etc.

It's clear as day that they still don't care about consistency.

AD INFINITUM 444 said:
Megaman vs Astro Boy

Thor Vs Wonder Woman

Metal Sonic vs Zero

Eggman Vs Wily

Etc.

ScrewAttack always does shit research (or most of the time).

AD INFINITUM 444 said:
Megaman vs Astro Boy

Thor Vs Wonder Woman

Metal Sonic vs Zero

Eggman Vs Wily

Etc.

Agreed. They still missed some info on Sigma. Like no AZ?

Knowing Death Battle!, they are not gonna include Jiangshi Roshi, since he can't transform into that form at will. Furthermore, they might treat both his planet level feat and moon level feat an outlier, because he doesn't scale to any characters that can do that. Or say some stuff like he is not even light speed. So this upcoming Death Battle is pretty much gonna be like Dragon Ball Roshi vs Sage Mode Jiraiya.

^In a previous Death Battle Cast, they explained that they don't call things outliers but look for specifics on how and the conditions the feat was done.

I'm not sure how they would apply that to ToP Roshi.

AD INFINITUM 444 said:
Megaman vs Astro Boy

Thor Vs Wonder Woman

Metal Sonic vs Zero

Eggman Vs Wily

Etc.

That has happened before actually. Sephiroth vs Vergil threw a massive wrench to Cloud vs Link and especially Yang vs Tifa, to the point some people believe DB deliberately wanked Sephiroth so a "Scrub Verse" such as FFVII could get a win.

Similar case with Mario vs Sonic 2018. Results aside, some feats used for Mario were in games already out by the time their first fight, so it seemed a bit odd they came up now.

MexicanJesus69 said:
Alex Mercer vs Good Cole Macgrath? Because i think that will be the Season 6 premiere.
This is definitely Season 6 premiere material.

But SA has sworn that Ep103 would be THE episode THE most requested in the matchup suggestion form poll. If people spam Alex vs Cole more than Galactus vs Unicron and Thanos vs Darkseid we may actually resort to watch Alex vs Cole first.

MexicanJesus69 said:
Alex Mercer vs Good Cole Macgrath? Because i think that will be the Season 6 premiere.
Personally while Alex vs Cole would be cool to see it, i always hoped to see a Death Battle with Alex Mercer fighting Aya Brea from Parasite Eve.

Aside that, i would really like to see Pegasus Seiya appears at least once, maybe again Shazam/Captain Marvel.

Stefano4444 said:
MexicanJesus69 said:
Personally while Alex vs Cole would be cool to see it, i always hope to see a Death Battle with Alex Mercer fighting Aya Brea from Parasite Eve.
Aside that, i would really like to see Pegasus Seiya appears at least once, maybe again Shazam/Captain Marvel.
Remember when Carnage vs Alex Mercer is given way to Alex Mercer vs Cole MacGrath.

SA could have made Carnage vs Lucy accurate and fun to watch... then they downplay Carnage as hell, ruining a chance to redeem themselves (which btw still earn them very good click views - could surpass even Black Panther vs Batman if they do the scaling right and have Carnage won), which they did in Ultron vs Sigma.

Pegasus Seiya normally stomps Shazam hard, if SA do their math right objectively. See if he'd be blitzed by a lazy schoolgirl.

Also, I am personally looking forward to watching Justice vs Maria Cadenzavna Eve.

MexicanJesus69 said:
Knowing ScrewAttack ***** up things.

What mistake in their research could make them think Alex Mercer wins?
Maybe think that Cole creating a storm was only environmental destruction.

Js250476 said:
They probably won't tbh
Since electricity is also Alex's krptonite IIRC
Yeah, Robert Cross being just a skilled superhuman with a stun weapon could make good fight to Alex via electricity.

How do you think Alex is gonna die if he loses in the animation?.

Sorvoe551 said:
Doesn't Alex win by touching Cole once? Isn't his thing that he absorbs you as soon as he touches you?
If it was like that, it could have consume James Heller in the final fight when he touched him with the hammerfists.

I think it´s based on how much resistance shows the victim and how weak or weakened he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back