• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
correct if I'm wrong, but doesn't Diavolo have a W against DIO?

Due to Diavolo being able to see himself getting donutted by DIO and being able to tell that something was about to happen, so he would time skip and hit DIO until he dies?

i belive there was another reason for Diavolo winning, something along the lines of "Dio's time stop lasts 9 seconds within 0 time" and "Diavolo actually erases 10 seconds"

JooCipher said:
correct if I'm wrong, but doesn't Diavolo have a W against DIO?
Due to Diavolo being able to see himself getting donutted by DIO and being able to tell that something was about to happen, so he would time skip and hit DIO until he dies?

i belive there was another reason for Diavolo winning, something along the lines of "Dio's time stop lasts 9 seconds within 0 time" and "Diavolo actually erases 10 seconds"
This is correct! However, most of the reasoning wasn't completely correct (Someone argued KC could attack in Time Erase) and nobody even tried to argue for DIO.

The reasoning for DIO winning is that DIO can either contest Diavolo in melee combat (Diavolo is slower than DIO and dies if DIO so much as touches him) or Time Stop before Diavolo can Time Erase due to his 'cooldown' being done sooner, since both use their abilities as if they have a cooldown. The reasoning for Diavolo winning is more or less what you said- Diavolo donuts DIO over and over and avoids being hit, with some variations on the exact argument.

can't KC just destroy The World like Star Platinum did?

and another argument for Diavolo winning is that Dio never starts with time stop the moment the fight begins, while Epitaph is Diavolo's opening move

Yes but KC goes for donuts more than headshots and while he will skip the time stop, DIO'S cooldown is far less than that of KC. DIO then takes him apart with ease

JooCipher said:
can't KC just destroy The World like Star Platinum did?
and another argument for Diavolo winning is that Dio never starts with time stop the moment the fight begins, while Epitaph is Diavolo's opening move
The World is arguably very close in AP to King Crimson, and is very clearly faster. Gold Experience and Sticky Fingers don't really compare to The World and Star Platinum in raw strength, so King Crimson's scaling isn't as good.

As well, that point doesn't really help Diavolo. Diavolo erases, DIO survives the donut, figures out what's going on, and now Diavolo has a hellish time winning from there. Not only would DIO spam the shit out of Time Stop, which Diavolo has to erase every time (Even though The World has an arguably shorter cooldown), but he also has to erase every punch DIO lands since one finger obliterates Diavolo, and he's much faster.

TriforcePower1 said:
King Crimson doesn't have cooldown, or if he has, it's negligible.
Pretty similar to The World, then. Mostly negligible cooldown, as shown by him screwing with Polnareff on the stairs.

i don't think KC has a cooldown but to quote someone from the other thread:

"Summing up, Diavolo will completely skip Dio's entire time-stop (or even multiple time-stops), alongside all of his actions in the regular 10 seconds of time. King Crimson's ability will heavily mess with Dio's powers and cognition, while the World's will only confuse Diavolo a little, but still leaving him with a far greater control of the situation. Time-Stop might as well be useless in this scenario."

TheArsenal1212 said:
He still hasn't shown to spam it over and over like DIO has
To be fair, they both spam it. However, that still favors DIO, since he'll be consuming whatever short cooldown The World has during Time Erasure, while even a .0001 second cooldown for King Crimson means DIO uses Time Stop after Time Erase and wins.

Oh, no, if Dio manages to timestop even once he has won, that's not even debatable. The problem is timestopping outside of time erasure when Diavolo just GGs everything thanks to Epitaph

TriforcePower1 said:
Oh, no, if Dio manages to timestop even once he has won, that's not even debatable. The problem is timestopping outside of time erasure when Diavolo just GGs everything thanks to Epitaph
And I argue that if Diavolo doesn't basically perma-erase the entire battle, DIO will simply Time Stop after every single Erase, and even one going through means victory. If it so much "negligible" to even take 0.0001 seconds to get off cooldown and be used again, DIO takes this via time stop. And even if Diavolo erases it, he's still going through absolute hell, erasing basically every event and being hard-pressed to contest DIO in hand-to-hand combat.

Following this again due to being called and seeing somewhat good arguments from a couple of users. I will later ask for this match-up to not be added due to the sheer amount of voters who outright demonstrate don't have any idea of what's going on here. But I will argue while this is still open.

The voters FRA'd for very valid reasons. You are free to continue debating, but please do not insult 18 people simply because they disagree with you.

wouldn't Dio need to Regen after being donuted by King Crimson?

and considering that his regen isn't insatanious, Diavolo's theorical cooldown time would end and he would just erase time again

JooCipher said:
wouldn't Dio need to Regen after being donuted by King Crimson?
and considering that his regen isn't insatanious, Diavolo's theorical cooldown time would end and he would just erase time again
That is true, but he does have regen and has several feats of surviving blows- such as when Star Platinum donut'd him (SP has near the same AP, if not higher.)

As well, that doesn't address DIO simply time stopping in the first place, or using his Stand to fight back. After all, Diavolo can't donut during Time Erase, only afterwards. Seeing as DIO is faster and arguably stronger, he can certainly contest Diavolo.

02054E05-0F19-4E67-85A6-C4932F596C23
Diavolo can blind Dio during time erasures. And he checks Epitaph before he ends a time erasure, so if he sees Dio time stopping he'd try to erase that portion as well.

ThePixelKirby said:
The voters FRA'd for very valid reasons. You are free to continue debating, but please do not insult 18 people simply because they disagree with you.
I didn't, I'm literally said "voters who outright demonstrate don't have any idea of what's going on", which doesn't at all aim at 18 users here, even if it were (which it isn't), it wouldn't be "because they disagree with me". What a sh*tty attempt to make me look bad.

Why would The World be faster or stronger? And more importantly why would that matter? Diavolo goes for surprise attacks. For the former question; KC blitzed and repetitively attacked SC in front of it, whereas The World scales slightly below SP, who scales to SC. In strength CK cracked open GE's head, I don't remember The World doing anything on that level.

TriforcePower1 said:
And he checks Epitaph before he ends a time erasure, so if he sees Dio time stopping he'd try to erase that portion as well.
DIOvsDiavolo
Had this on my wall, should maybe help.

TriforcePower1 said:
Diavolo can blind Dio during time erasures. And he checks Epitaph before he ends a time erasure, so if he sees Dio time stopping he'd try to erase that portion as well.
Characters like Jotaro and Dio just lolnope being blinded. Hell, Jotaro was even blinded by blood the same way Giorno was.

C114c1e65d4532f049078c8f66ed363e54b166d1 5620839 1560 1200

How do they lolnope it? With KC, DIO blinks and suddenly finds himself blinded. It's kind of different from how DIO blinded Jotaro.

Because he swung and killed DIO after being blinded. It being a different method doesn't really mitigate my point either. They simply shrug off being blinded and continue to fight. I understand Diavolo's is incredibly sudden but Jotaro wasn't exactly expecting that either.

Sixo Bullets said:
Characters like Jotaro and Dio just lolnope being blinded. Hell, Jotaro was even blinded by blood the same way Giorno was.
This is such a bad argument, DIO was screaming at him and attacking from where he was, in front of him, Diavolo does a surprise attack from behind. "Characters like Jotaro and Dio just lolnope being blinded" is not a thing in JoJo. Also you miss the most important point in what you quoted.

Eficiente, you're being very aggressive right now. Just a warning.

Eficiente said:
Sixo Bullets said:
This is such a bad argument, DIO was screaming at him and attacking from where he was, in front of him, Diavolo does a surprise attack from behind. "Characters like Jotaro and Dio just lolnope being blinded" is not a thing in JoJo. Also you miss the most important point in what you quoted.
Bad argument part isn't necessary.

And uh, Diavolo isn't exactly a quiet person when he blinds people either. You see him screaming at Giorno during this and even after this. We only see him use this when something is a huge threat to him (Dio would be due to precog) and he is also loud as hell against extremely powerful people who can outright counter his ability directly.

And it is? I don't know what planet you live on because N'Doul exists.

And I'm merely covering the blind spot point

Sixo Bullets said:
And uh, Diavolo isn't exactly a quiet person when he blinds people either. You see him screaming at Giorno during this and even after this. We only see him use this when something is a huge threat to him (Dio would be due to precog) and he is also loud as hell against extremely powerful people who can outright counter his ability directly.
Which is also wrong, he was screaming within erased time and causality, he never does so when surprise attacking someone. If anything others being unaware is representative of him.

@ThePixelKirby I disagree, and politely say that I don't care about you saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back