• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Diavolo goes instantly for the head, with the Dio ostpping time While stabbed is to elaborate my scenario where Diavolo donuts in the chest, which doesnt kill Dio, and then Dio stops time.

TriforcePower1 said:
Lastly, there's always the possibility of Dio timestopping simply before Diavolo can do anything. That's actually a pretty probable chance. Diavolo needs to actively damage Dio a lot several times in a row to overcome his Regenerationn, while Dio only needs to stop time once to win. And while I can see Diavolo managing to Epitaph+Erase Dio's attempts at stopping time and doing some serious damage, Dio still has 8-C+ dura, so dealing enough damage to eventually tire out Dio's regen is highly difficult before Diavolo himself actually tires out while Dio still has his superhuman stamina. And the possibility of Dio timestopping even just once, exactly at the end of a time erasure, is high. DIO's an intelligent fighter, managing to understand Jotaro's magnet trick and Joseph's Hamon trap. He's going to eventually understand more or less how long the timeskip lasts after a couple of times at most and he's going to take that chance to stop time.
This part in particular. No, DIO's not going to timestop before his opponent thinks, that not IC for him at all. You are acting as if Diavolo couldn't recognize Regenerationn, he will, you don't need to be an smart, obsessive and paranoid guy to just act according to the situation there. Not to mention he's not going to attack the Stand. DIO's durability's kinda sh*t, for this match-up at least, he still got his head cracked in one hit, which completely incapacitated him, and overwhelmed by SP as High DIO. Ance again, the battle's not going to be long.

And one more time, he can predict stuff from even after a time erase he may do, everyone can give all the kudos to everyone without understanding anything, it really doesn't matter.

You guys are overestimating Dio's regen: if he gets at least part of his head blown by King Crimson, it's gonna be very bad for him, since Diavolo has precognition to prevent him from time-stopping again.

Kirby71 said:
I doubt Diavolo goes instantly for the head, with the Dio ostpping time While stabbed is to elaborate my scenario where Diavolo donuts in the chest, which doesnt kill Dio, and then Dio stops time.
Lol I didn't even read this after writing my last sentence. Well, you are wrong. No one is saying he will start with the head, that's not the argument. And that's not going to work.

@Efi and DMB1

If this were base Dio, I'd agree with you. But High Dio's regen was defeated via sheer PIS. He even damages his own head just to prove how much better his regen is.

The problem is that not even a Pillar man can regenerate from having his head split in half to the brain. If Diavolo karate-chops Dio's head completely, he's done for.

Now what does that even mean? Do you think that we disagree with DIO's regen being on Straizo's level?, or maybe you think it's higher?

Diavolo still erases the second timestop tho.

I thought Awakened DIO lost because Jotaro aimed for the stand I.E. his soul, he couldn't regenerate from it

Talking about it, couldn't Rey Carmesi destroy El Mundo and therefore DIO?

DIO's durability may not be godlike, but it's far superior to anyone Bruno has had to deal with.

Tri-Force added to my argument quite well, and Kirby clarified it rather nicely. Diavolo has to play things perfectly. DIO only has to land a hit.

Tri-Force brought up something I forgot to mention. Diavolo's Epitaph wouldn't be able to see into stopped time (His precog seems to be from Diavolo/KC's perspective and flows in normal time. He'd see himself getting donuted but I doubt he could watch stopped time), and his Time Erasure would skip over all of it instantly, since stopped time = 0 seconds.

However, this is an advantage for DIO. For one, this means DIO's Time Stop will be off cool down much faster than Diavolo's Erase. For two, it means Diavolo would have a harder time figuring out DIO's Stand (No prior knowledge I assume).

The question isn't if Diavolo can hit DIO, it's if DIO can hit Diavolo. And with a shorter cooldown plus greater speed, he sure can.

Eficiente said:
Now what does that even mean? Do you think that we disagree with DIO's regen being on Straizo's level?, or maybe you think it's higher?
I'm saying that if Diabvolo aims at the head, due to King Crimson's strenght, Dio's head will be completely crushed, including the brain, a point in which Dio can't regenerate from.

DMB 1 said:
>can't regenerate from getting his head blown off

>dio has high-mid Regenerationn

Honestly, pick one. Or make a CRT.

Right now, Dio scales to Straizo who can regen from being blown off.

My take on it is that Araki just has a habit of forgetting stuff so it is PIS that the regen for his characters get inconsistent sometimes. Although to be fair, it isnt a strong argument.

Anyway, I got class, Ill come back to this later.

DMB 1 said:
The problem is that not even a Pillar man can regenerate from having his head split in half to the brain. If Diavolo karate-chops Dio's head completely, he's done for.
Even part 1 DIO was able to regen from getting his head split in half

so you are wrong

If no one's going to argue the real problem here I will just ask the match up to be remove if it's added by commenting the surprising thing I said 4 times already. In fact, f*ck it, I can't convince this much users who doesn't read the arguments, I will unfollow this and see what was going on here later.

It being Base DIO doesn't even matter. Jotaro actually did aim for the head. We all know how that went.

It took a spot-on head hit to almost kill him.

But here comes the problem.

1. DIO stopped time in response to the surprise attack. If that happens here, Diavolo is ******* dead, since he'll be on 'cooldown' while The World won't be.

2. The World is faster. It's very possible for The World, with precision similar to Star Platinum's, to just strike Diavolo faster or block the attack.

3. Diavolo flat-out doesn't aim for the head. You can't call ever single Diavolo fight PIS. Even if you say it's PIS, it's still them. It's what they did. Diavolo aims for the stomach.

So what's the solution here? Base or AWAKENED, DIO wins. Diavolo has to act out of character and get very, very lucky to even have a chance.

Eficiente said:
Relax man, no need to be salty. It is just a vs thread. Triforce seemed to have addressed all of your points and same with Pixel. At least I think so.

I am sorry you think that way, but no need to be remotely hostile.

CrackerVolley said:
I'm pretty sure KC has a faster cooldown than the World.
Are we sure about that? Because so far he's never shown such. Not to mention, DIO's time stop would end far before Diavolo's time erasure, so his cooldown would already be ticking down. By the time Time Erase ends, The World will already be off cooldown. Like, that exact millisecond.

TacticalNuke002 said:
DIO only has Mid regen in his Stardust Crusaders key. A head shot that obliterates will absolutely kill him.
Which he won't do, and even if he does, DIO time stops and instantly kills him.

Remember, Time Stop consumes 0 seconds of Time Erase. By the time Time Erase is over, Time Stop is already off cooldown, because during Time Erase, it's still ticking. Each second of Time Stop's cooldown continues to tick down in Time Erase.

The very moment Time Erase stops and DIO realizes his opponent is alive, he will time stop. And then, Diavolo dies.

TacticalNuke002 said:
The World does, which is why Jotaro managed to defeat DIO at all. KC doesn't, cuz Diavolo spams it depending on the need.
Not really correct. King Crimson has always demonstrated as if it had a cooldown. Rewatch the battle vs Bruno if you don't remember.

Meanwhile, The World has also shown moments of meaningless spam. DIO constantly moving Polnareff down the stairs was an example of this.

DIO is going to believe that Diavolo died. Getting donutted suddenly would leave him confused af. Diavolo sees via precog that something bad's going to happen, and time erases immediately before DIO can get his bearings back.

Maybe not relevant to the thread but yeah DIO spams time stop a lot even for trivial things like ******* with Polnareff.

Again, is this DIO or Awakened DIO?

Because former loses badly, but latter stands a chance thanks to way better Regenerationn.

TacticalNuke002 said:
DIO is going to believe that Diavolo died. Getting donutted suddenly would leave him confused af. Diavolo sees via precog that something bad's going to happen, and time erases immediately before DIO can get his bearings back.
DIO will believe Diavolo died, until the body literally vanishes in front of him and the blood vanishes from his hands.

When Diavolo's Time Erasure ends, everyone is left in confusion, remembering none of it. DIO, seeing his opponent instantly vanish will time stop instantly. Seeing as The World's thought-based Time Stop is faster than King Crimson's punch, DIO wins.

But what if he doesn't time stop? This is unlikely. But, then Diavolo will aim for the chest. That is, quite simply, what he does. Always. Either DIO responds faster, and wins, or DIO gets hit, survives, time stops, and wins.

JohnConquest1 said:
Maybe not relevant to the thread but yeah DIO spams time stop a lot even for trivial things like ******* with Polnareff.
This. His cooldown isn't that long, and no one arguing for Diavolo has covers this.

Diavolo has a shown cooldown, and DIO's cooldown will be up. How does Diavolo respond to Time Stop either way?

OP should add to OP what form DIO is in. Awakened would probably be best, but I still believe Base wins, albeit far more closely.

Again, before saying DIO loses, think about it. DIO's timestops cooldown will be done, while KC's erasure cooldown will have just started.

If DIO has his time stop while Diavolo's Erasure is on cooldown... I'm sure all of you can see who wins.

Ah, then Diavolo just Donuts a couple of times till Dio is too tired to do stuff and Diavolo deals the final blow.

The fact that Diavolo can still use Epitaph to see the future even during time erasures to predict what's going to happen after he finishes it makes the possibility of Dio timestopping before Diavolo erases nigh zero.

Voting Diavolo

TriforcePower1 said:
Ah, then Diavolo just Donuts a couple of times till Dio is too tired to do stuff and Diavolo deals the final blow.

The fact that Diavolo can still use Epitaph to see the future even during time erasures to predict what's going to happen after he finishes it makes the possibility of Dio timestopping before Diavolo erases nigh zero.

Voting Diavolo
He can't time erase a time stop if his time erase is on cooldown.

Not to mention, DIO can just.. fight him? The World is powerful in melee combat. We're acting as if DIO will just sit around and let himself get hit each and every time.

Ok, we were sure of Dio winning because of It being awakened Dio, but its base, and base's regen isnt that invencible no? Diavolo isnt dumb, he can predict the future, he could see himself being insta blown up and notice the error there, he notices Dio's secret, the time stop, and then goes smartly to the kill, but there is more, what happens un the stopped time happens instantly, Diavolo Will see even further after the time stop, and knowing that It can see even during time erasure, Día Will plan how to attack without Dio noticing to get the kill, Also knowing the danger, Diavolo may actually aim for the head.

Vote Diavolo.

Also, didn't Diavolo go for Gold Experience's head? He perceived Giorno as a great threat and tried to smash open GE's head, only failing because it was already shedding. Diavolo is going to know that DIO is a huge threat and aim for his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back