• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dimensional Perception

If 3-D being can't percieve all 3 dimension at once (we can see building, and its sides but the reverse side) then if a someone can see all 3 dimension (in full depth), are they 4-D? If 4-D being view all 4 dimension are they 5-D etc.?

0-D dot percieve nothing.

1-D line only percives dot.

2-D plane only percieve line.

Therefore, 3-D object only percieve planes?

Intuitively speaking, it is that how many variables are sufficient to point a specific place or thing in a certain space solely. For example, although the earth is a three-dimensional object, it can also be said that it is a two-dimensional space because the position can be specified by latitude and longitude when considering only the surface. However, it is necessary to designate the number of floors and time of the building when meeting with people, so from this point of view we can say that we live in 4 dimensional space.

http://ja.battle-data.wikia.com/wiki/µ¼íÕàâ

Or read this page using Google Translate.

ÞÂàþ½ïµû╣õ¢ôÒâåÒââÒé╗Òâ®Òé»ÒâêÒü»Õøøµ¼íÕàâÕø│Õ¢óÒü«õ¥ïÒüºÒüéÒéïÒÇéµò░Õ¡ªÒü¿þäíþ©üÒü¬õ║║Òü»ÒÇîÒâåÒââÒé╗Òâ®Òé»ÒâêÒü»ÕøøÒüñÒü«µ¼íÕàâÒéƵîüÒüñÒÇìÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÒéêÒüåÒü¬ÒÇîµ¼íÕàâÒÇìÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÞ¿ÇÞæëÒü«õ¢┐Òüäµû╣ÒéÆÒüùÒüªÒüùÒü¥ÒüåÒüôÒü¿ÒééÒüéÒéïÒüîÒÇüÕ░éÚûÇþö¿Þ¬×Òü¿ÒüùÒüªÒü«ÚÇÜÕ©©Òü«õ¢┐Òüäµû╣Òü»ÒÇîÒâåÒââÒé╗Òâ®Òé»ÒâêÒü»µ¼íÕàâ´╝êÒü¿ÒüùÒüª) 4 ÒéƵîüÒüñÒÇìÒü¿ÒüïÒÇîÒâåÒââÒé╗Òâ®Òé»ÒâêÒü«µ¼íÕàâÒü» 4 ÒüºÒüéÒéïÒÇìÒü¿ÒüäÒüúÒüƒÞí¿þÅ¥Òü½Òü¬Òéï´╝êÕø│Õ¢óÒü«µ¼íÕàâÒü»Òü▓Òü¿ÒüñÒü«µò░ÕÇñÒüºÒüéÒüúÒüªÒÇüÒüäÒüÅÒüñÒééÒüéÒéïÒéêÒüåÒü¬ÒééÒü«ÒüºÒü»Òü¬Òüä)ÒÇé

You can understand what's written on the dimension page, right?

Let me modle it this way:

ÝîîýØ╝_Dice_analogy-_1_to_5_dimensions.svg

0µ¼íÕàâþé╣ÕïòÒüïÒüù1µ¼íÕàâÒü«þÀÜÒü½Òü¬ÒéèÒÇüþÀÜÒüîÕïòÒüäÒüª2µ¼íÕàâÚØóÒü½Òü¬ÒüúÒüªÒÇüÚØóÒüîÕïòÒüäÒüª3µ¼íÕàâþ½ïõ¢ôÒü¿Òü¬ÒéèÒÇüþ½ïõ¢ôÒüîÕïòÒüäÒüª4µ¼íÕàâþ½ïµû╣õ¢ôÒü¿Òü¬ÒéïÒÇé

That's the most basic way to look at it.

Well, a very large 3-D object could easily see all sides of one that's much smaller. Unless I'm missing something.

Actually I'm wrong. I'm much larger than a penny, but I can't see the the other side of the penny unless I flip it over.

We live in a 3-Dimensional world with a 4-Dimensional axis. Theirs a really good documentary on how this works, I can link you it (Its on YT) if you want.

If humans experience 4-D then can some sentient line experience width? That does not seem probable :c

If that line exists on a 2-D plane and is constantly "moving", basically you could say that.

However, as the dimensions increase, so does the complexity of the object. A 3-dimensional object is far more complex than a line. So much in fact "infinitly superior" isn't a proper comparison.

@Darknine, that's how it's mostly generally known to be. And we can't ignore the famous theories of string theory, bosonic string theory, and super gravity.

Back