• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diavolo Reasons:

• King Crimson has superior AP and can kill Batman in one or two blows
  • King Crimson can see the future and is imperceptible for the most part
  • King Crimson can see what Batman attempts to do in erased time better and can stop any abilities that don't last longer then 10 seconds
  • King Crimson can time erase enough times in a row to negate whatever Batman pulls on him.
Batman Reasons:

• Batman's instinctive reactions allow him to dodge threats he doesn't know about.
  • Batman's sixth sense allows him to know what Diavolo will do and sense where King Crimson is.
  • Batman outskills people with hundreds to thousands of times the experience of Diavolo and has far superior skills.
  • Batman's ability to hide is far above anything that King Crimson has sensed before.
  • Diavolo himself is only 10-A, and Batman has various methods of attack that can kill him or that last longer then 10 seconds.
  • Diavolo hasn't always interpreted the future correctly.

Tell me if I missed any for King Crimson.

Well with prior knowledge, vast amount of equipment, and instinctive reaction, along with AP advantage I believe batman can win. Many of his weapons have an area of effect so they would be hard to dodge. Still I could be wrong here.

The real issue is that they have to exist for longer then 10 seconds or else harm him after 10 seconds. Keep in mind Batman knows about this however.

With all this, I think I'm eventually either go Inconclusive or Diavolo Mid to High difficulty.

I don't think I'll vote yet though.

The problem is even if we say Batman can somehow react and dodge KC, Diavolo can easily see through any plan of Batman's through epitaph. The second Batman tries something, Diavolo nullifies it

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
With knowledge batman can probably do that with rapid fire explosives, punches, etc. Why does he have to do that btw?
Time Erasure. But I doubt Batman will go CQC against a opponent that much stronger then him.

TheArsenal1212 said:
The problem is even if we say Batman can somehow react and dodge KC, Diavolo can easily see through any plan of Batman's through epitaph. The second Batman tries something, Diavolo nullifies it
Yeah. But Diavolo, even when his life has been in danger, doesn't usually spam time erasure at those levels, and if he did, that would probably make it a stomp.

Jackythejack said:
I've come to the conclusion that Diavolo is like, maybe two times stronger than Batman if that in terms of AP. 'Not sure if that matters
It does matter; he can't OneShot until he is x7.5 stronger The difference between Low end to 8-C+ is about 5x.

Attack Potency Chart

Tier Level Energy in
Conventional Terms
Energy in Tonnes
of TNT Equivalent
Energy in Joules High End to Low End ratio
8-C Building 0.25 Tons
to 2 Tons
2.5x10-1 to 2 to 1.046x109 to 8.368x1098x

Yobo Blue said:
Is it enough to impale him? Or kill him in one or two blows?
Impale, no, even peak human can't do that to Ordinary Human. No, kill in one or two since the AP gap is much lower than 7.5x. He would be much stronger.

So, my mistake, I mean he can't oneshot Batman earlier

i guess it depends if batman can devise a plan to work around his precog (I am sure he could) and hit him

honestly, if he can see 12 seconds into the future, then can't Bruce just do something in less that time? He would only see himself defeated, unless if he can see everything happening in those 12 seconds

Totallynotchewbacca said:
i guess it depends if batman can devise a plan to work around his precog (I am sure he could) and hit him
honestly, if he can see 12 seconds into the future, then can't Bruce just do something in less that time? He would only see himself defeated, unless if he can see everything happening in those 12 seconds
I mean Diovalo at best is barely one to 2 time stronger than Batman. Batman outskills here.

He can, but Batman also already knows what he can do from the get-go. Even if he didn't, he's no stranger to figuring out Time shenanigans in a short time.

Taking the opportunity to comment here since it is not being flooded with comments right now. There are many problems with the latest comments, some very fundamental.

• "1.01 tons - Diovalo" KC cracked open the head of GE, who scales to the feat said to be KC's AP.
  • "if he can see 12 seconds into the future, then can't Bruce just do something in less that time?" Every action will be erased and analyzed by Diavolo
  • "He would only see himself defeated, unless if he can see everything happening in those 12 seconds" In his precog? Yes, he would only see himself defeated. In the erased time? No, he will see everything, move freely while Batman does what he would be doing without the time erase, and put himself behind Batman. While still seeing the future.
  • I hope I just have to say this once, Diavolo does not go for a conventional fight, ever. Only surprise attacks, the moment you attack him is a moment he erases. So, there is not going to be any "Diavolo attacks but Batman is better at fighting, he dodges the attack starts using Pressure Points.." Nope. And that's ignoring how he can't harm KC and would even have to do that to the human behind the Stand.
  • "Batman also already knows what he can do from the get-go" I mean, the whole plot point after having Diavolo in Part V is that Bruno's team had to kill him but had no idea how to and had to find a weakness in his ability. Polnareff was in that posision for years and his only plan was "let's get someone to have an upgrade in his Stand so it can maybe do something against KC". When Pol was against Diavolo and was able to notice a time erase both of the following things happened; 1) Diavolo does a small error which he later proves he shouldn't have done as the main plot point of the final arc 2) Pol legit says that as Diavolo now knows his method to detect time erase, the same thing he did would not work twice.
  • "Even if he didn't, he's no stranger to figuring out Time shenanigans in a short time" Ok, this is a major misconception on Diavolo's power. It's not just time manip, it's Causality Manip, in the time erase everyone moves and does stuff as they would be doing without the time erase, and when it ends you either have no idea that it even happened or your perception of reality jumps from the moment it started to when it ended. Batman's going to have a better time leading with this, absolutely, but he never faced something like this before. Also "knowing how KC works" leaves vague if he knows the inconsistent implications it has on others when it uses its ability.
  • This is just in general, Batman's precog doesn't work nearly as good as it's been said to work here. I will elaborate that later, or just ask someone to make a notion of its use in combat on Batman's profile.

• The JoJo scaling chain is really weird. Part of the issue is the fact that there's a lot of shenanigans going on with Jotaro holding back. I wouldn't say that he scales far above enough to easily one shot or even have much of a advantage against as skilled a opponent as Batman, especially since Batman is above Katana
  • Diavolo erased time will stop most things Bruce can throw at him, but Diavolo can't see beyond that and will have to be spamming erase constantly if Batman fights with the intention of bypassing KC using things beyond that time, something he hasn't been shown to be capable of doing.
  • While it's certainly possible that Diavolo will be able to reposition himself in order to better kill Batman, if Batman really intends to disappear his feats of disappearing without detection are far above that of Diavolo's senses in time erase, as Diavolo simply does not have the feats to sense things in the same way, say, Superman or The Flash do.
  • Diavolo may always go for surprise attacks, but Batman starts off knowing what his ability is and can easily adapt to his fighting style, and the fact still remains that Batman has a massive skill advantage and is smart enough not to enter CQC against Diavolo constantly.
  • False Equivalence. Polnareff and Giorno's gang are definitely not as intelligent in fighting or planning as Batman, and are only about as versatile. And Batman has far greater experience with these sort of powers and instinct to fall back on, unlike Polnareff. Batman will almost certainly be able to tell when Cause and Effect has skipped a beat.
  • A lack of elaboration on Batman's prior knowledge is something that should be taken to the OP. That said, even if it is causality manipulation, the ability will function as a time power either way due to its nature. Batman has regularly been able to discern the nature of powers in a quick manner, even if he has never seen them before, and can do so in the middle of combat. There's nothing about Diavolo's power that's more confusing or hard to learn then any other super power, at least not to a borderline Supergenius on the level of Batman.
  • Even if that's the case, it's still good enough to predict sneak attacks, which is all he really needs to keep from getting killed by Diavolo, especially when paired with instincts and his ability to sense King Crimson's movements.
And I should also point out that even if Diavolo is physically capable of using time erase and epitaph multiple times in a row, he has regularly failed to do so in situations where it would have been otherwise useful, meaning that even if he can, he won't always. And if he doesn't, that's a opening for Batman's superior skill, arsenal, and abilities to take him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back