• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Bane’s also at a bit of a disadvantage as he becomes more of a berserker the more venom he ingests which Jonathan can take advantage of as he was able to kill Tarkus, who was also a bloodthirsty berserker, known for his strength
I agree with this statement! Okay, most of it, anyway... It'll take a bit of time for Bane to become a Berserker with all of the vemon in his system, so he'll have a small timeframe in which he can flex his overall superior hand-to-hand skills, but he probably won't be able to skill stomp Jonathan, imo.

How is Bane going to restrain someone with Class K LS? Hamon is just as deadly to humans as it is to vampires and the undead, as it’s capable of stopping the hearts of untrained humans
Have to disagree somewhat with your latter statement, however. Primarily cuz of the fact that, IMO, it doesn't seem like Jonathan would ever think of using Hamon like this in character... But if Bane does attempt to do the Batman-Spine Break move on him, I am pretty sure Jonathan would use Hamon to stun the crap out of him.

Didn't Jonathan get trapped and nearly killed by Tarkus. I get it's a weaker form but just discussing intelligence here.

How is Bane going to restrain someone with Class K LS? Hamon is just as deadly to humans as it is to vampires and the undead, as it’s capable of stopping the hearts of untrained humans
Oh missed that class K. Bane can't even grab him then.

I agree with this statement! Okay, most of it, anyway... It'll take a bit of time for Bane to become a Berserker with all of the vemon in his system, so he'll have a small timeframe in which he can flex his overall superior hand-to-hand skills, but he probably won't be able to skill stomp Jonathan, imo.

Have to disagree somewhat with your latter statement, however. Primarily cuz of the fact that, IMO, it doesn't seem like Jonathan would ever think of using Hamon like this in character... But if Bane does attempt to do the Batman-Spine Break move on him, I am pretty sure Jonathan would use Hamon to stun the crap out of him.
Also takes time for venom buff to wear off, its not like he instantly becomes a wuss when not attached to it, but I think its still fairly fast.

Ignoring the 'just do ripple through him to break his tubes' thing because I don't know if ripple is strong enough to break those, I'd give it to Jonathan with the arguments presented unless his sword is restricted. Except its listed as standard despite being something he barely ever used. So I don't think it can be.
Jonathan with sword is outranging bane without and bane's going to have a hard time disarming someone with class k lifting. He is strong enough to break his limbs but I remember Hamon having fairly strong healing.

Post Booster Shot Jonathan should have on par if not even better healing than Pre Training Joseph who healed his arm after Santana nearly tore it off in a few panels i think

While I am still deciding on who to vote for, I would like to state that I am immensely relieved that we've Jonathan over Joseph since the latter would absolutely use the more haxy abilities of Hamon alongside with his in-character bullshit smarts while Jonathan typically won't pull the same bullshit as his grandson.
That's why I choose him
Jhonathan is a Brawler
Joseph is a trickster

The only reason I brought up Tarkus doing that was to gauge Jonathan's combative intelligence and how he would deal with Venom Bane.

The only reason I brought up Tarkus doing that was to gauge Jonathan's combative intelligence and how he would deal with Venom Bane.
Yes, he was taken by surprise and he was impossibilitated to move there so even the smartest of guys couldn't do much there...

And he had some good Ideas like pass the hamon trough the chain, but showed to be futile... Some wcemples of him being smart was whem fighting Blueford in the water and decided to swim down to take air fron one of the mine air pokets or whem fighting Dio that he noticed the sword could make him pass hamon to him without being in freeze range or him using the fire to negate the feeze touch

Also him deafeating Dio in their fight in the Burning massion was also a smart move sinse was the only advantage he had was bassicaly inteligence...

Yeah, i think johnny wins this... should've search a better character to stand a chance seriously
I will be honest, If jhonathan wins It's extremely high dificult, I'm thinking of voting Incon

Bane has Speed, AP and skill advantage

While jhonathan has range, inteligence and willdcard(hamon habilities) advantage (and LS)

The only reason I will vote Jhonathan is beacuse if he land one punch in bane he can make his Venon tank explode by passing hamon to It

So yee... Gonna vote Jonathan

I will be honest, If jhonathan wins It's extremely high dificult, I'm thinking of voting Incon

Bane has Speed, AP and skill advantage

While jhonathan has range, inteligence and willdcard(hamon habilities) advantage (and LS)

The only reason I will vote Jhonathan is beacuse if he land one punch in bane he can make his Venon tank explode by passing hamon to It

So yee... Gonna vote Jonathan
Yeee, johnny is a glass cannon and bane is a stone but fast wall, but johnny does hit virtially harder with his hax and range

Makes me wonder what will happen if bane have prior knowledge about hamon, would've interesting that way

Yeee, johnny is a glass cannon and bane is a stone but fast wall, but johnny does hit virtially harder with his hax and range

Makes me wonder what will happen if bane have prior knowledge about hamon, would've interesting that way
I mesm, the hamon is bassicaly to counter the speed with hamon waves trough the floor and covering him self with hamon, and his range advantage counters bane AP advantage, but jhonathan will have a lot, and I mean a lot of trouble in this fight

I mesm, the hamon is bassicaly to counter the speed with hamon waves trough the floor and covering him self with hamon, and his range advantage counters bane AP advantage, but jhonathan will have a lot, and I mean a lot of trouble in this fight
I guess bane get a very good but losing match huh, guess johnny takes this high to extreme diff, especially if bane realise the hamon mid fight

I guess bane get a very good but losing match huh, guess johnny takes this high to extreme diff, especially if bane realise the hamon mid fight
Unfortunately bane's unlikely to figure out much mid-fight since his iq actively decreases during combat.
The longer it goes the more succeptible he is to stuff like that.

He fights batman, he probable could get a idea how It work but don't have much reliabke ways to counter
Yeaah, and bane can lose his mind overtime due to venom injection that basically makes him a berserker, guess bane needs to take him out quickly but johnny is quite nimble so it's hard to land a hit

Yea I think it was lemon who said he could shoot hamon through bane, into the liquid in the venom, to make it explode.
Assuming the back thingy is weak enough it seems like it'd work.
Yes, he can, It's kinda hamon making the venin punche It's way out
but you mixed up in the vote, youe said "bane fra" not Jhonathan fra

Jonathan's speed is casually faster than a dude who can seemingly teleport (Tarkus literally nothin personel'd Will) via speed to dude's who are mach 16.75568513 (or mach 22) so Jonathan actually holds the speed here.
His AP is effectively baseline though (2.004) so Bane has the AP advantage.
His LS is immense post Deep-Pass (Superior to Tarkus, who can lift 500 tons and can rip apart thick steel rods the length of his neck).
Jonthan has a sword and Hamon hax, though Jonathan is less likely to use it to kill, he won't do things like heart attacks, unless forced, though he can induce unconscious and other such incap methods, and he can inject it directly into Bane via the Venom tubes so there's that, given Venom is a liquid and Hamon passes and channels through liqud, he could technically even halt the flow of Venom as Hamon can be used to stabilize and solidify liquids, to where they can even hold cups upside down and the liquid won't fall out.
Jonathan can heal wounds like broken necks and cuts, but deep wounds and heavy organ damage he can't heal, mostly broken bones and surface wounds.
He can also mitigate pain.
Jonathan while skilled (He somehow obtained Will's decades of skill and Hamon training, which would include some hefty feats), in terms of CQC, he gets ******* throttled by Batman tier foes though so Bane has an obvious HTH advantage.
Jonathan does have versatility though and can use Hamon in obtuse ways.

If they get in HTH combat Bane would probably win, but Jonathan could maybe turn that against him by ******* with the tubes, from ripping them out, using Hamon to halt the flow, or Hamon directly into the body via the tubes. It depends how fast they get into CQC, they both have a chance to win, but unironically think Jonathan being able to heal and having high LS ways to halt Venom might give him the edge, if Bane picks up on what Jonathan could do though he could just skillfuck him, but if Jonathan gets one chance to **** with the tubes he wins, Hard to say honestly, given Bane isn't exactly dumb himself but Jonathan isn't either.

How mindless does Bane get as a Venom brute in the comic, and how fast does it kick in.

Back