• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Diavolo fights the hero of hyrule REDUX.

Which does nothing but just confuses him. Ok.

All he sees at first is nothing cause he doesn't exist, he doesn't know if he ran, or if the fight is just not occuring there. Hell is he even aware of EE existing in the verse asides from a temporal one? Also as shown in the previous thread there were examples linked where that wasn't the case.

He doesn't. I literally gave you an analogy that makes it very dumb to assume someone can greatly damage someone 3x(bare minimum) above them. Again, two relative people are in a fight, one dude gets a surprise punch on the other dude, and it only does slight damage, it's not enough to knock out or keep him from standing. Now apply that to someone 3x above Diavolo and he's trying to do something even less likely which is punch a hole through him. He'd just hurt his own arm trying. It's not much closer, as already established Link scales above his calc, not comparable to. Star Platnium and other stands aren't equal to Link so idk why you even brought up that irrelevancy. It's not decent damage whatsoever. It'd be slight damage at best.

Diavolo sees what he thinks is important in Epitaph. He can also see it as a moving image, as shown when Doppio used it. He'd see a beam hitting him and EEing him, probably, since Link and Diavolo both have a habit of talking.

Diavolo FRA. It also seems worth noting that Diavolo shows the ability to precog events in motion when he sees Giorno lift the arrow, summon gold experience, stab himself with it, hear Trish talk for a bit and then see the arrow fall to the ground while Giorno bleeds.

The problem I kinda saw from the last time this fight was done is that people think Links equipment is gonna be something as bullshit fast as "Rohan thinks GG". Also seeing a lot of "he doesn't spam both in unison" even though thats what he was doing when he was being shot at by Mista. It is possible to hit Diavolo with an area of effect attack like what Polnareff did before he "died" but whats to say Link is gonna do something like that. Polnareff only did that and hit Diavolo because he knew how KC worked.

Italian Devil FRA

Diavolo FRA, Epitaph means that he will know what Link will do, Time Erase means Link will never hit him and his AP scaling is large enough that he can likely inflict some hefty damage.

Can any of the Link voters describe the scenario of how this fight would go? Preferably not the guys arguing, given my suspicions.

Again unless Link is gonna somehow break the precog he's not touching Diavolo. As I mentioned Diavolo can and has spammed Epitaph and KC multiple times during his fights in unison of each other. Considering everything I've also seen from this Link he usually starts with the sword beam which as I talked about earlier Diavolo can just dodge/not deal with, and respond with Donut punch.

I think I managed to count 12 votes myself for Diavolo, however Giver told me 7 people voted for link and I am not sure.

Actually it's whoever has a lead of 3 votes after one target hits 7 votes. If it's less of a difference then 3 it's a draw.

• For a verdict, there must be at least seven votes in favor of one character/team, with a minimum difference of three votes. Some examples:
    • A final vote tally of 6-0 will be considered invalid.
    • A final vote tally of 7-0 will be considered valid.
    • A final vote tally of 7-4 will be considered valid.
    • A final vote tally of 7-5 will be considered invalid.
  • If both sides have equivalent posts with constructive arguments, the thread shall be deemed inconclusive.
I remember Ness vs. Shulk getting incon for a similar reason.

Yes and Diavolo has almost double the votes. If youre referring to the last sentence, explain in great detail how Link gets past Epitaph and time erase. Do that and I can conceede to an inconclusive, although I cant speak for others.

It's been explained in the thread and argued back and forth. Don't really care who wins or whether it's inconclusive, I just mentioned something. It's honestly cause of toxicity like this why I don't really participate in on-site vs threads anymore, I'm willing to do off-site tho, I can send my discord and everything.

GiverOfThePeace said:
It's been explained in the thread and argued back and forth. Don't really care who wins or whether it's inconclusive, I just mentioned something. It's honestly cause of toxicity like this why I don't really participate in on-site vs threads anymore, I'm willing to do off-site tho, I can send my discord and everything.
I dont actually see anything that says how he gets around epitaph+time erase combo.

I see that he himself has win conditions and he has methods to harm Diavolo and ohko but if he cant get past epitaph combo none of those will ever land.

TacticalNuke002 said:
I was not wrong and I stand by my statement.
Whether you believe that or not idc about, I already gave where to continue it my message wall is open and you can ask for my discord there, regardless the threads derailing, either it's incon or Diavolo wins, from what I C+P'd it looks like it falls under incon, don't care either way.

Back