• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link (Adventure of Link) Profile Update

Dust_Collector

They/Them
Not much to say, I redid the profile for the first Link (Well, canonically not the first but you know what I mean). Full sandbox here, and the current profile for comparison. Mostly focused on powers and abilities but there's tiering stuff thrown in too.

Usually in the P&A section I'd have all the evidence and references, but since Link only has 2 games I didn't think it'd look that great if all the references were just "Zelda" "Zelda but with a 2". So I thought I'd use gifs and the equipment/techniques sections to better illustrate most of his abilities and how they work instead of just dumping it all in the P&A section.

Major things I wanna bring up are his stats, I added two keys being him at the very start of the first game and one where he's in the late game but hasn't gotten the Triforce of Wisdom yet. In my sandbox I don't have Link with the TOW scaling fully to Ganon like he currently does since Ganon was weakened by the Triforce before they even fought, and it was brought up and accepted a few years ago during a discussion about Ganons regen but it doesn't seem like Link has the Triforces of Wisdom and Power during the events of the second game since even in the first game he hands one of them over to Zelda and guides state the kingdom retrieved both of them after Ganon was destroyed so it doesn't seem like he carried either of them during his second adventure (This would also affect the tiering of Dark Link). Of course that's up for discussion and can be changed.

Big issue I'm sure you'll notice is not having great justifications for speed, Massively Hypersonic+ and Relativistic in his TOW key was easy he fights Ganon who is legitimately that fast, but we're currently scaling every character to relativistic from a single feat done by TP Link (Even characters that have never fought him or fought people that have kept up with him) because we haven't calced the other relativistic feats the series has, so I can't think of good justifications to put for his other 3 keys besides, just scaling to everyone else that has it.

Last edited:
'aight so I know it's only been 6 hours but I'm going to bed so I'm just gonna give this a quick bump before I conk out for the next 7 hours

every character to relativistic from a single feat done by TP Link (Even characters that have never fought him or fought people that have kept up with him) because we haven't calced the other relativistic feats the series has
Post, I'll look at them sometime later, or in a billion years, depends how braindead calcing them might be.
I can think of a few myself but I'm to busy atm to dig through footage to find them a̵s̵ ̵i̵m̵ ̵b̵u̵s̵y̵ ̵d̵i̵g̵g̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵t̵h̵r̵o̵u̵g̵h̵ ̵f̵o̵o̵t̵a̵g̵e̵ ̵o̵f̵ ̵a̵n̵o̵t̵h̵e̵r̵ ̵g̵a̵m̵e̵ ̵a̵t̵m̵

The link you used is linked to this CRT, not to my calc
Tbh, you could do it with Adult Link and probably get the + due to him having slightly longer arms and thus covers more distance.

I mean, yeah, I get that? I'm saying just find footage of Adult Link doing it too and calc that? It's not like Adult Link doesn't **** with Beamos at all.

Alttp, LA, OOT, MM, Oracle games, WW, four swords adventures, TP, phantom, skyward, AlbW, tri force heroes, Botw

I mean, yeah, I get that? I'm saying just find footage of Adult Link doing it too and calc that? It's not like Adult Link doesn't **** with Beamos at all.
The calc request I got from the thread was of Young Link doing it. I'm not too knowledgeable on the Zelda verse so I can't really find footage like that myself

Regular Arrows only have Infinite speed and same velocity as Light Arrows in the N64 titles and Wind Waker. Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword made arrows have a somewhat limited range, and especially Breath of the Wild made regular arrows more realistic yet Light Arrows are still in perfectly strait lines with infinite range.

Regular Arrows only have Infinite speed and same velocity as Light Arrows in the N64 titles and Wind Waker. Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword made arrows have a somewhat limited range, and especially Breath of the Wild made regular arrows more realistic yet Light Arrows are still in perfectly strait lines with infinite range.
So the light arrows are subsonic

Stated to be a laser
Comes from a "technological" source
Reflects off the Mirror Shield, much like sunlight does in the very same game
Burns and scorches, doesn't explode or anything like that
Moves in a straight line only

If anything that just means the arrows fired are fast as ****, the arrows can be any speed they want as they don't actually have a set speed (Even irl arrows can be anywhere from superhuman to mach speed, they aren't static), especially in a fantasy setting, the beams of light on the other hand would be static speed by virtue of being, well, a beam of light. Not like Zelda isn't one to have wacky arrow feats, such as the light arrows being stupid fast.
There's also the Guardian lasers which are lightspeed too that they can react too.

And a step down from that we have lightning feats, some of which involves natural lightning.
Also explosion feats.
Hell there's even robot enemies that use machinegun fire and rockets that can be reacted to.
And beyond that we straight up have basic on screen no calc needed feats, like Ganon flying to the horizon in a few moments.

Arrows are anything but a anti-feat.

IRL, the strength, speed, and range of an arrow simply comes from the strength of the shooter pulling the arrow against the string; which superhuman characters such as Link could very well pull it to be far greater in all regards. Similar to how Hawkeye is capable of firing arrows faster than a machine gun fires and can fire arrows with a longer reach than a sniper round; Link inherently can fire arrows similar in nature.

I can add clips for all his abilities if you want, and I'll post some scans you missed

The magical sword does 2x more damage than the white sword, which does 2x more damage than the regular sword, so early game Link would downscale

Add the red ring scan

Water walking with the boots
Scans for the red ring and a gif for water walking were already in the sandbox don't know how you didn't see them.

On the topic of speed, I can speedrun the early parts of ocarina to get good footage of adult Link doing whatever in relation to the beamos in dodongos cavern (Trying to find stuff like that on youtube or respect threads is a massive pain). Would also only take a few minutes to grab footage from alttp of Link moving and swinging his sword compared to beamos lasers. There's also those drones that vah rudarnia deploys that can fly down at a small but noticeable pace compared to the activation of their search lights.

Scans for the red ring and a gif for water walking were already in the sandbox don't know how you didn't see them.

On the topic of speed, I can speedrun the early parts of ocarina to get good footage of adult Link doing whatever in relation to the beamos in dodongos cavern (Trying to find stuff like that on youtube or respect threads is a massive pain). Would also only take a few minutes to grab footage from alttp of Link moving and swinging his sword compared to beamos lasers. There's also those drones that vah rudarnia deploys that can fly down at a small but noticeable pace compared to the activation of their search lights.
Those would not apply to this link, only those specific games

Those would not apply to this link, only those specific games
Yeah but it's still good to have multiple of these feats instead of just the one from tp link. Also while I can't speak for the first two keys, his adventure of link key would get scaling since he fought volvagia who can keep up with an early-ish adult Link.

Yeah but it's still good to have multiple of these feats instead of just the one from tp link. Also while I can't speak for the first two keys, his adventure of link key would get scaling since he fought volvagia who can keep up with an early-ish adult Link.
How do you know Volvagia canonically keeps up with Link?

Also, is it true that the Thunderbird can only be damaged after using the Thunder spell? Link could get a higher rating with the Thunder spell if thats the case

How do you know Volvagia canonically keeps up with Link?
Because it can competently fight him? We don't have a guidebook that says "Oh Link effortlessly dispatched the dragon within death mountain" or anything, all we have is that it's a boss and can fight Link relatively well.

Also, is it true that the Thunderbird can only be damaged after using the Thunder spell? Link could get a higher rating with the Thunder spell if thats the case
Yeah, you need to use the thunder spell before you can harm it. I guess he could get higher with the spell.

Because it can competently fight him? We don't have a guidebook that says "Oh Link effortlessly dispatched the dragon within death mountain" or anything, all we have is that it's a boss and can fight Link relatively well.

Yeah, you need to use the thunder spell before you can harm it. I guess he could get higher with the spell.
But we don't know how well Volvagia does

Volvagia can hurt link, take quite a few attacks from him, and move and attack at speeds comparable to him, I dunno what to say other than we have a boss fight where it can do decently well against Link.

Volvagia can hurt link, take quite a few attacks from him, and move and attack at speeds comparable to him, I dunno what to say other than we have a boss fight where it can do decently well against Link.
Are we going to scale all regular enemies to Link for doing that?

Of course we're not gonna scale regular enemies to him for doing that, but Volvagia is a major boss that is crucial to the overall story of the game that Link needs to defeat to rescue the sages and beat Ganondorf, it has actual reason to scale compared to random octorok #297.

Of course we're not gonna scale regular enemies to him for doing that, but Volvagia is a major boss that is crucial to the overall story of the game that Link needs to defeat to rescue the sages and beat Ganondorf, it has actual reason to scale compared to random octorok #297.
Being crucial to the game doesn't mean he canonically scales to Link and can canonically tag him, this is baseless

The beamos speed being SoL isn't really the issue. From what I see the most glaring problem is that the speed calc assumes out of nowhere that the beamos firing speed and Link's swinging speed are comparable based purely on visual gameplay mechanics and then scaling Link to it.

The Guardian lasers are all fine since it's a far more direct example of Link parrying the laser. Though I guess the most """accurate""" version of that calc would need to use the AoC cutscene since that's a direct reference to Daruk's journal.

The beamos speed being SoL isn't really the issue. From what I see the most glaring problem is that the speed calc assumes out of nowhere that the beamos firing speed and Link's swinging speed are comparable based purely on visual gameplay mechanics and then scaling Link to it.

The Guardian lasers are all fine since it's a far more direct example of Link parrying the laser. Though I guess the most """accurate""" version of that calc would need to use the AoC cutscene since that's a direct reference to Daruk's journal.
So is the suggestion to drop the beamos stuff since it's only in gameplay and not cutscenes, might be a hard sell to a lot of supporters since the verse has been using Link being comparable to beamos since, 2017 I think?

For the guardian stuff I can't remember how many cutscenes involve Link reacting to or deflecting their beams I do know there's a cutscene early on of Link intercepting one of their lasers to save Zelda, and like I mentioned earlier there's a feat of some drones Link scales to that fly downward fast enough to be somewhat comparable to the activation of their searchlights and that happens in a cutscene instead of gameplay so there should be no issue with that either.

Wait hold on before any more speed discussion happens can I get more input on the actual reason I made this thread, updating Links profile?

Even if we assume the beams laser as light... How does different brands laser move?

Like it may affect different profiles of Link.

I do know there's a cutscene early on of Link intercepting one of their lasers to save Zelda,
Yeah that's what I was talking about. The AoC event is a visual representation of the Daruk journal entry (I think at least)

updating Links profile?
No, I think it'd good to go. The weirdest part is the Four Sword stuff but that's still resonable and supported by text.

Back