• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I want to here some clarification first, but I think Link either wins or this is incon. Diavolo cannot donut Link due to the AP advantage or anything like that, but he can use Time Erasure defensively to defend against the blasts. However, Link does have Danmaku to eventually hit Diavolo since he has no counter and all of those blasts have Existence Erasure properties. Siding with Link but if anyone can make a compelling case for Diavolo, I might change to Incon.

Diavolo just erases time and doughnuts. Precog lets him dodge Link's stuff with relative ease.

Even if he dosn't doughnut, he still does immense damage.

Diavolo can erase time and the danmaku means jack all. Precog lets him see it ahead of time. Even if he can't one shot, he still can do a good amount of damage, and King Crimson can block anything bar EE because of how Stands work.

He doesn't spam Precog in character like with what people say but even if we say it like that, all it shows is like 10 seconds into the future. Even then, it just shows an image and Diavolo doesn't know how it happens, just has to make an assumption off of it. What he will see is him getting getting erased but he doesn't know how. He might predict it could be a beam but all of Link's weapons can literally physically, mentally, and spiritually erases your existence.

Diavolo isn't blocking Existence Erasure, especially when the profiles notes it can bypass resistances. I don't think it's impossible for Diavolo to win but it's very unlikely unless Link went hand to hand randomly.

Diavolo can just erase the time where he gets hit by them. Erasing attacks is perfectly in character. You don't need precog to see a laser coming at you.

The Smashor said:
Diavolo can just erase the time where he gets hit by them. Erasing attacks is perfectly in character. You don't need precog to see a laser coming at you.
If he gets hit by them, he can't perform that period. Also, it comes from shit like boomerangs and bombs as well, not just a beam.

And Diavolo can see himself getting erased. Sure he dosn't spam it, but precog is more then capable of showing him what he needs to see. See Doppio vs Risotto for that. Also, once again, erasing time lets him dodge the EE by, ironically, making it not exist for a few seconds.

The Smashor said:
And Diavolo can see himself getting erased. Sure he dosn't spam it, but precog is more then capable of showing him what he needs to see. See Doppio vs Risotto for that.
Also, once again, erasing time lets him dodge the EE by, ironically, making it not exist for a few seconds.
Okay? I already explained why the Precog is flawed. It works literally based off of his assumption. He's not going to assume a boomerang or a bomb is going to Existence Erase him unless you can show something similar to that in Jojo, keep in mind this all still is based off his assumptions. He'd be more likely to block that which would still erase him.

Your example literally shows Diavolo precogging the wrong thing, so.

Only for a few seconds? That doesn't get rid of the beams at all, it leaves them up for Danmaku and he gets hit by one after the erasure period in.

JoJo has stands that can transform you into a book if you watch ons's picture.

A boomerang or other stuff Link will throw will make Diavolo erase time to dodge them. I don't remember a single time in Part 5 where Diavolo actually blocked an attack indeed of erasing time.

He's not going to assume that it would erase him, but he would assume it would kill him since these are pretty strong weapons to Diavolo's 10-A durability. Diavolo isn't going to take a hit just cuz. Diavolo has never used King Crimson to block, to my knowledge.

He dosn't precog the wrong thing the entire time in that fight. And it shows that the precog can be useful.

He does prevent link from shooting in the right direction. It's perfectly in character for Diavolo to erase time, walk behind his opponents as they attack where he should be, monologue a bit, then attack when his foe least expects.

He could use Time Erase and shoot a bit of his own blood at Link to blind him. Also Diavolo is too careful to even block at all or not consider any attack a threat.

He's going to see he doesn't exist anymore, nothing is going to conventionally cause that. So he would likely assume the beams, sure. The bombs and the boomerangs? Most unlikely given nothing like that he's encountered could do that.

What do you mean? He literally Precogged that Doppio lost his foot and it Risotto who lost his foot in actuality. The precog is literally based on assumptions and is flawed as hell.

You can't make someone miss Danmaku, that is going to be a very poor argument.

Let me get him blocking attacks as well.

Comes from Rohan, someone Diavolo hasn't encountered so that's not an assumption to make.

Diavolo literally blocked an attack from Bruno, then used the Time Skip to change Bruno's position to where it happened to him is what he saw. If this happened to Link, he would literally resist his own weaponry and scream like "Ow".

https://youtu.be/h0akqljWswM?t=187

We already established why Diavolo can't even donut Link either.

"He literally precogged that Doppio lost his foot and it was Risotto who lost his foot in actuality"

Interpretations don't really matter when time skip allows Diavolo to avoid it entirely. Why bother guessing what's going to happen to you when you can just skip it?

He can't donut Link, but he can do lots of damage.

Also, apparently "Real" creatures have a natural resistance to Link's abilities. Diavolo would very much fall under that catagory. If Diavolo's body is erased, but King Crimson remains (Similar to how Link's body was erased but his spirit stayed), then that's just going to make things worse since Diavolo can fight as a King Crimson when he was seperated from his body in the Chariot Requiem arc, and can even posess Link to an extent.

Even if I gave this to you, he wouldn't do this to the Boomerang which is something you didn't address, not even the bomb. Regardless, the Danmaku could happen as Precog is literally even flawed. If he Diavolo monologues at all, the boomerang hits him or Diavolo tries to donut him from behind, that doesn't hurt Link, and Link strikes back and Diavolo gets massive damage on him.

That would make Diavolo's case worse. At that point, Link literally strikes him with a sword if this remotely goes CQC or Link could actually just physically strike him and Diavolo would get hurt. You're arguing something that's incredibly inopportune for Diavolo.

Why does the Boomerang EE, or the Bomb? What makes them different from Sword EE?

It hurts link. King Crimson can't donut Link, but it sure as hell can break his spine.

The Smashor said:
He can't donut Link, but he can do lots of damage.
Also, apparently "Real" creatures have a natural resistance to Link's abilities. Diavolo would very much fall under that catagory. If Diavolo's body is erased, but King Crimson remains (Similar to how Link's body was erased but his spirit stayed), then that's just going to make things worse since Diavolo can fight as a King Crimson when he was seperated from his body in the Chariot Requiem arc, and can even posess Link to an extent.
The "Real creatures" refers to only the people in the zelda verse, you canot suddenly try and argue someone out of verse that doesn't even follow the nature of the verse would suddenly be able to have that resistance or by that logic Saitama would have a stand in a jojo fight.

Doing lots of damage to someone who can literally tank like 3x the amount you can is going to take Link not doing jack and assuming he won't do anything back. Prove how he will do this damage as well?

King Crimson can't operate for jack if his very idea of existence isn't there.

It does the same thing in killing Moblins as the sword does.

It won't do anything to his spine, do you know the AP difference? You know Link is very VERY close to Large Building in comparison to Diavolo, right?

If people are getting this knowledgeable about Diavolo and don't just assume he erases GG, maybe I should try Gunvolt vs Diavolo agai

Link likely tanks KC's first hit and uses danmaku and force fields to keep him alive.

Vote goes to "Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess."

King Crimson one-shots Stands that are around half of Link's AP. I don't see why Link won't get a mortal wound and bleed out and die while Diavolo avoids everything thrown at him.

Back