• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devilish Boundaries: Dante vs Yukari Yakumo

@Jiganshi

Nero only has it with DT, Dante uses it when pissed or serious in battle. Lady on her part has shown to be able to fight demons both in the tower and to live as a mercernary so she has shown resistance to normal demons.

It came from the novels and both Mangas.

He BFR'd Arkham back to the human world and can likely do the inverse. He never BFR anything in 4, just killed them and to end it, his sealing is sealing for a reason.

The sealing neggs dimensional travel, astral projections, portal creation, etc. Mundus who can do that can't come back from Dante's sealing.

And Yukai doesn't seem to resist Time-stop, which activates as soon as Dante hits her in DT, which is DEFINITELY gonna happen because as soon as he goes DT he's gonna become 10 times faster than her

if that's true it's a stomp, but then again, even if it isn't it would still be a stomp in the opposite way

she has to start with that literally right off the bat because as soon as Dante goes DT, which is happening as soon as he sees her aura, it's gonna be gg for her

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Can we have examples of that? Because last time Dante was put against a Touhou character who supposedly started off with EE we actually found out that there was no reason to believe said character started with EE (Flandre Scarlet)

The Axiom of Virgo said:
Tony di bugalu said:
The BFR is, sealing just neggs it
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the sealing only work by sealing you into the demon world? (aka low 2-C), cause that won't work.
Don't think Dante's sealing sends you to the Underworld, we surely would have seen or heard of him again in other games where the underworld was featured. Either way, it prevented Mundus from doing anything and Mundus has 2-C range

Twellas said:
The Axiom of Virgo said:
Tony di bugalu said:
The BFR is, sealing just neggs it
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the sealing only work by sealing you into the demon world? (aka low 2-C), cause that won't work.
Don't think Dante's sealing sends you to the Underworld, we surely would have seen or heard of him again in other games where the underworld was featured. Either way, it prevented Mundus from doing anything and Mundus has 2-C range
That is Beasthead Alternate Timeline Mundus with 2-C range. Dante didn't seal him but outright killed that version of Mundus. The one Dante sealed has cross-universal as the highest range.

oh yes, you are right, my bad. Still, Dante's sealing blocks abilities with cross universal range

Flandre's stuff was wank.

This one's legitimate.

Timestop's negged by it being a one time thing.

>Fear aura comment

That's also in shonen manga. We don't put those on shonen characters even if they have that. Ex Gildarts and Natsu

Flandre doesn't have EE actually it just Deconstruction and she start with it outside spell card rules

Ciruno Fortes said:
Timestop's negged by it being a one time thing.
Time stop is upon attacking in DT, he also has time slow on thought and time stop by making a pose.

>Fear aura comment

That's also in shonen manga. We don't put those on shonen characters even if they have that. Ex Gildarts and Natsu

And we care about those guys because? If they don't have feats then though shit, Sorry but they don't have it.

Look, the Manga is canon, a prequel to the game and much to your dismay the second novel is also Canon and a prequel to the second game.

While the first novel is somewhat contradictory it was made Canon by Itsuno and Matt.

Tony di bugalu said:
And? It's sealing for a reason, trapping something that he can't kill and unless she has feats of resisting it its Muda.
>Sealing that negates 2-C range that Dante has used once in character

>against 2-B range

>Time stop by pose

Sorry what? Also EE would be faster

Because frankly fear induction can overlap with intimidation when misunderstood. I'm not questioning their canonicity. Never did. I just find it no way for fear induction to work at all when it has never been shown anywhere else aside from demon comparisons. I'm not bothering to make a CRT either since I don't care enough to change those. Just what I believe.

Also even then... You won't have to worry about fear manipulation when you get out of range from it

She doesn't have to resist what doesn't fully shut her down.

Tony di bugalu said:
Does she resist sealing? If not sorry but it's muda
Sealing works by BFR Tho, it literally says it in his profile.

• also remembering that yukari tangles with Reimu ******* Hakurei on the regular*
Good job ignoring the part where Dante literally only used sealing once in character, something DMC fans seem to regularly forget every time a dante thread is made.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Why would Sealing be useless ? She can't use her wepons or abilities while sealed, unless she has resistance to it
Because Dante has only used it in character once and it was against mundus

Yknow

3 games ago

• also remembering that yukari tangles with Reimu ******* Hakurei on the regular*
Good job ignoring the part where Dante literally only used sealing once in character, something DMC fans seem to regularly forget every time a dante thread is made.

How many times are you going to act like a child before you realize attacking a fanbase makes your argument less easy to understand?

I know EE would be faster, at this point I'm not debating about Dante winning but correcting the stuff you all get wrong.

I mean, believe whatever you want but as things are he can fear hax her into submission.

>She doesn't have to resist what doesn't fully shut her down.

This is wrong, this is an ability that makes you sit in one place, unable to do shit for a little while, having a bigger range means nothing when you can't even open a portal or teleport or make shit.

Under this logic the Emprah can't seal Rein just because he has a 1-A teleport.

Yeah, the only battle when he needed since he couldn't kill Mundus at that moment, in the rest of the games he could kill the enemy or didn't want to / got nuked before doing it, like against Vergil/Urizen

Try again

Schnee One said:
How many times are you going to act like a child before you realize attacking a fanbase makes your argument less easy to understand?
How many times am I going to have to deal with stupid arguments in Dante's favor?

For as long as you keep insulting them instead of being constructive

Seriously, what's better, making points or insults?

If the answer is the former (It is) then you answered your question

Ciruno Fortes said:
Zeph, chill. You're not doing yourself any favors in this argument. It cripples the side you're trying to support really
You're right. I'll just make 20 CRTs to downgrade all the wanked abilities he has.

You can if you wish, I doubt the CRTs are going to go well with that attitude, judging by the Fate CRT you attempted

Zeph.

Because Mundus wasn't something he can kill, because he lacked the AP or the hax necessary to deal with him and also the Demon world was collapsing along with Mundus.

I said before and I say it again, if he can't kill it he seals it, easy logic.

You're right. I'll just make 20 CRTs to downgrade all the wanked abilities he has.

Why 20, make one and if you fail then just take it like a man and stop the childish behavior

If the CRTs are justifiable I'd say go for it but you're entering a world of hurt if you're going in with that attitude mate. I doubt anyone will support you on that.

At this rate just stop. Else this thread is gonna end up closed if you keep that up

@Dante

EE which was what wiped Dante last time from what I hear

@Tony

If his fear haxx is literally only basic level scaling from demon mooks (drive people insane slowly) which is what the moon does in Touhou (drive people insane by sight) and you have people with mind haxx that are better versions of that, I disagree with this fear to submission.

V I just can't believe to be not fear of someone being stronger when I'm asking for the onscreen feat. Is it the manga panel that you sent me? If so can I get the chapter for that?

Anyway if you're not arguing about the win well that's fine. But on this-

- Dimensional Travel, and it didn't worked

- Portal Creation, and it didn't worked

- Interdimensional Astral Projection, and it didn't worked

Dimensional Travel for all I know could've been just an ability that didn't reach as far as Yukari's. That's what I took from the wording everyone's talking about. Not power null/prevent said ability from working in the first place. My mistake if so

Back