• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palito266

He/Him
Hello everyone, it is me again back with another thread to argue a lot of hax's in favor of DMC, and to give you some more context into things that haven't been seen yet...
Without further a do, let's begin.

- 1) Resistance to Probability Manipulation and Death Manipulation: (For Dante) The Poker's demon ability is to curse someone into having incredible luck in probability-based games, however, they become engrained with a sick sense of wanting to play more and more. This effect goes as far as changing reality, because we see the numbers of cards getting warped. When the main user of this effect loses in a game of chance, they instantly die without a seemingly physical cause, this also happens to the ones the main user is playing against if they happen to lose.
However, Dante is unable to be cursed, possessed and seems unaffected by this hax's in multiple ocassions. First one we see is Dante stopping Patty (whom got possessed) when they were playing a game of "who dies first", and Dante stopped Patty. The second occassion we see is Lady shooting Dante near the heart when he's supposed to have incredible luck, which means Dante negated the effects the luck had over him at that moment. We even see Dante explaining he had to let himself be posessed IN THE GAME to win. Moreover, when Dante loses to Lady, he doesn't outright die, he just pretends he's dead. Lastly, in Novel 2 he's stated to be immune to possession even as a child, so it's very clear he's immune to these possessions and it's effects, but only used them for his own advantage.

- 2) Memories, Mind, Dreams and The Unconscious. A Metaphysical View in DMC: Dreams, Memories and the Mind all share the same Metaphysical nature in DMC, but first, let's take a look into each individual's nature, starting by Dreams.
Firstly, we have to understand that Sargasso's exist in dreams, and in this state they're said to be "transcendental" and cannot be attacked, therefore, we could say the dreams are trascendental to reality itself (this doesn't give anything important yet), these dreams/nightmares have no form, being something more "abstract" rather than anything at all, and they're literally stated to be dreams because, well, dreams can't kill people. and coexist with memories in the same realm.
Now, other unconscious aspects such as memories are stated to be metaphysical, which goes well with the whole "dreams are transcendental" thing.
Finally, dreams and memories coexist with memories in the same realm. (because we see a young version of Vergil, whom is clearly not supposed to be a dream, but more-so a repressed thought or record of the events that happened to Vergil) With all of this, we might add that unconscious aspects like desires are capable of changing reality, like how Credo envisioned his death to be, how demons mutate their physical form. It can also be said to be the source of power of the verse from where all da demon juice comes from.
Therefore, we can conclude that the unconscious such as Dreams, Memories and Strong Emotions have an impact on reality and are abstract while being transcendent to it, kinda like a concept but i wouldn't say it's the same thing entirely... At least not in this wiki.

- 3) Resistance to Morality Manipulation: (For Hybrids) This is only an addition to something that is already in the profile, but, the Chimera Seed is able to make a demon way more aggresive and in the Demon Physiology page it is already accepted they resist this attempt of takeover by the Chimera Seed, therefore, they should also get Resistance to Morality Hax

- 4) Resistance to Vector Manipulation: (For Hybrids) As mentioned by Nero, after the Mitis Forest was contaminated with demonic energy the mapping of the forest changed along with the fact that no matter where you go, you will always end up going where you started, the forest can distort its victims. Dante has shown to easily get past the forest in the novel as well as Nero, so they should safely apply for a Resistance to this hax.

- 5) Intelligence Upgrade: (For Demons and Hybrids) Fairly straightfoward, it is stated that demons (ones that show some form of capability for thought) are smarter than humans from the HW, therefore, they should get Above Average Intelligence at the very least.

- 6) Plant Manipulation and Curse Manipulation: (For DW) This is fairly simple and straightfoward. The DW has the ability to make crops highly unstable and make them grow when they're not supposed to. Alongside this, it can also curse doors, sealing them in the process.

- 7) Increased Empathic Manipulation: (For Mid-Tier Demons) As a mid-tier demon, the Beastheads was able to induce despair into Beryl, whom is able to resist the presence of normal demons that cause despair, madness and fear.

- 8) Resistance to Increased Death Manipulation: (For Mid-Tier Demons) The demon generals of the alternate universe were able to withstand a fight against the armada of Mundus, which could instantly cause death with the stroke of his sword and some only suffering minor injuries.

- 9) Increased Empathic Manipulation and Fear Manipulation: (For High-Tier Hybrids) Chen and Dante in their battle caused inanimate and unconscious objects to feel real fear all throughout the building. Vergil was able to make Sanctus instinctively feel fear. Therefore, they were able to induce fear within an unconscious level.

For now that should be all for my part, this should put DMC in a good position (but not as good as it was with PoC), good night everybody.

Last edited:
- 4) Resistance to Vector Manipulation: (For Hybrids) As mentioned by Nero, after the Mitis Forest was contaminated with demonic energy the mapping of the forest changed along with the fact that no matter where you go, you will always end up going where you started, the forest can distort its victims. Dante has shown to easily get past the forest in the novel as well as Nero, so they should safely apply for a Resistance to this hax.
I'd argue that this is just spatial hax at best, or good enhanced senses/clairvoyance from Dante and Nero. More likely the latter, since that's how I usually treat feats like this.

- 8) Resistance to Increased Death Manipulation: (For Mid-Tier Demons) The demon generals of the alternate universe were able to withstand a fight against the armada of Mundus, which could instantly cause death with the stroke of his sword and some only suffering minor injuries.
Why is this considered "increased" death manipulation?

Rest looks good (y)

Why is this considered "increased" death manipulation?
I HONESTLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT LMAO?
At first i made it Increased because all demons are immune to the Beastheads' hax's, which include Death Hax. But since i don't have proof of the army being able to bypass the low-tier demons resistances, then it's just resistance to death manip, thanks for pointing that out, i completely forgot LOL.

I'd argue that this is just spatial hax at best, or good enhanced senses/clairvoyance from Dante and Nero. More likely the latter, since that's how I usually treat feats like this.
Dante and Nero were capable of going thru the forest quite easily, and said forest was constantly warping it's victims and paths via DE, which can turn into "infinite circles of confusion" in some cases.

- 6) Plant Manipulation and Curse Manipulation: (For DW) This is fairly simple and straightfoward. The DW has the ability to make crops highly unstable and make them grow when they're not supposed to. Alongside this, it can also curse doors, sealing them in the process.
The plant scan here might actually instead be more references to the passive TIme Manipulation effects of the Demon World, I think, as part of the Castellan's observations of how time seems to pause, accelerate, and reverse, which he then confirmed with plants. The unstable nature of plant growth, specifically highlighting the time frame dissonance (winter crops in summer), may simply be an extension of that effect it passively had on Mallet Island.

The plant scan here might actually instead be more references to the passive TIme Manipulation effects of the Demon World, I think, as part of the Castellan's observations of how time seems to pause, accelerate, and reverse, which he then confirmed with plants. The unstable nature of plant growth, specifically highlighting the time frame dissonance (winter crops in summer), may simply be an extension of that effect it passively had on Mallet Island.
If it were for the time shenanigans, then the crops would be growing in reverse (eg: being born as old, and developing backwards), but nothing there implies it's related to Time. There have also been other effects by the DW that have nothing to do with time, such as the infinitely deadly atmosphere, the madness and despair in the air, and the fact that the island constantly changes place.

Dante and Nero were capable of going thru the forest quite easily, and said forest was constantly warping it's victims and paths via DE, which can turn into "infinite circles of confusion" in some cases.
I don't disagree with that part, I just have an issue with vector manipulation specifically. It could also be warping space around itself, or Dante and Nero might not have a resistance at all and just have good senses that let them navigate it anyways. That aside, I don't think what you're describing even really fits vector manipulation?

If it were for the time shenanigans, then the crops would be growing in reverse (eg: being born as old, and developing backwards), but nothing there implies it's related to Time. There have also been other effects by the DW that have nothing to do with time, such as the infinitely deadly atmosphere, the madness and despair in the air, and the fact that the island constantly changes place.
True, I was just mentioning it because DMC1 loves environmental storytelling, so it would not be surprising if this could/would be interpreted as a secondary mention of the same phenomenon.

I don't disagree with that part, I just have an issue with vector manipulation specifically. It could also be warping space around itself, or Dante and Nero might not have a resistance at all and just have good senses that let them navigate it anyways. That aside, I don't think what you're describing even really fits vector manipulation?
The specifics of Vector Hax goes far more than just Vectors, it can refer to Heat, Light or even Speed.
In speed, it might make things move on their own, and let them be on places where they shouldn't be even though they went into X direction, but maybe it is just Spatial Hax? Since well, the DW already has some of it, so it might just be a byproduct of that.

True, I was just mentioning it because DMC1 loves environmental storytelling, so it would not be surprising if this could/would be interpreted as a secondary mention of the same phenomenon.
Oh ok then, lil' Kamiya-RE 4 files then, lol.
He really had a more "Lovecraftnian" view of demons in DMC

The specifics of Vector Hax goes far more than just Vectors, it can refer to Heat, Light or even Speed.
In speed, it might make things move on their own, and let them be on places where they shouldn't be even though they went into X direction, but maybe it is just Spatial Hax? Since well, the DW already has some of it, so it might just be a byproduct of that.
I think spatial hax is a safer bet barring further elaboration, yeah.

At first i made it Increased because all demons are immune to the Beastheads' hax's, which include Death Hax. But since i don't have proof of the army being able to bypass the low-tier demons resistances, then it's just resistance to death manip, thanks for pointing that out, i completely forgot LOL.

Wot?

This mostly looks good. For the probability manipulation, Dante also beat that demon at a card draw. And that demon was able to make two players draw a royal straight flush at the same time. Those are just two additional details, as that probability hax could also make mostly impossible things, like the cards changing into different cards, happen.

This looks great, nice work with the research

My only problem is indeed number 4, as it seems Spatial Manipulation instead of Vector Manipulation

4) Resistance to Vector Manipulation: (For Hybrids) As mentioned by Nero, after the Mitis Forest was contaminated with demonic energy the mapping of the forest changed along with the fact that no matter where you go, you will always end up going where you started, the forest can distort its victims. Dante has shown to easily get past the forest in the novel as well as Nero, so they should safely apply for a Resistance to this hax.
I share the same view as Fujiwara, this seem to me as spatial and perception hax rather than vector, while i can understand why you think it is vector hax, i don't think so
8) Resistance to Increased Death Manipulation: (For Mid-Tier Demons) The demon generals of the alternate universe were able to withstand a fight against the armada of Mundus, which could instantly cause death with the stroke of his sword and some only suffering minor injuries.
Yeah, idk why it is Increased Death Hax, the wording seem confuse, but the feat is fine, just some wording nitpicking from me lol
however, they become engrained with a sick sense of wanting to play more and more. This effect goes as far as changing reality, because we see the numbers of cards getting warped
Isn't this also Empathic and Minor Reality Warping hax??, victim get manipulated, with a desire to playing more and the card get warped??

Agree with most of the thread. Regarding point 2:
- 2) Memories, Mind, Dreams and The Unconscious. A Metaphysical View in DMC: Dreams, Memories and the Mind all share the same Metaphysical nature in DMC, but first, let's take a look into each individual's nature, starting by Dreams.
Firstly, we have to understand that Sargasso's exist in dreams, and in this state they're said to be "transcendental" and cannot be attacked, therefore, we could say the dreams are trascendental to reality itself (this doesn't give anything important yet), these dreams/nightmares have no form, being something more "abstract" rather than anything at all, and they're literally stated to be dreams because, well, dreams can't kill people. and coexist with memories in the same realm.
Now, other unconscious aspects such as memories are stated to be metaphysical, which goes well with the whole "dreams are transcendental" thing.
Finally, dreams and memories coexist with memories in the same realm. (because we see a young version of Vergil, whom is clearly not supposed to be a dream, but more-so a repressed thought or record of the events that happened to Vergil)
The Physical Nightmares can be argued to be AE1 based on Nightmares, since they are the abstraction of the Nightmares itself. The above can be used as an explanation for the mechanisms behind Mind, Memories, Dreams.
With all of this, we might add that unconscious aspects like desires are capable of changing reality, like how Credo envisioned his death to be, how demons mutate their physical form. It can also be said to be the source of power of the verse from where all da demon juice comes from.
Therefore, we can conclude that the unconscious such as Dreams, Memories and Strong Emotions have an impact on reality and are abstract while being transcendent to it, kinda like a concept but i wouldn't say it's the same thing entirely... At least not in this wiki.
More elaboration and justifications on the Subjective Reality of Demons, I suppose.

Considering some skepticism and counterarguments from opposition, I'd say I am neutral on this proposal, although I could see some arguments behind it.

The Higher resistance is fine since we already have Demons resisting BH Death hax. But the wording can be changed a bit.

Isn't this also Empathic and Minor Reality Warping hax??, victim get manipulated, with a desire to playing more and the card get warped??
It should be, @Palito266

Yeah, idk why it is Increased Death Hax, the wording seem confuse, but the feat is fine, just some wording nitpicking from me lol

I already pointed out the confusion above, but to summarize it i thought the death hax presented here was superior to the ones Low-Tier Demons already resisted, and therefore was a layer. But that was never stated or implied to affect Low-Tier Demons, so i guess it would go as more proof for Death Hax Resistance to Demons and Dante.

It would also be Empathic Hax but Dante already has a lot of resistances to that, IG it could get added to the profile as more proof but i see it as unnecesary.
Probability Hax imitates Reality Warping and vice-versa, it's a case to see the context of the scene given. In this case i think this could be Reality Warping as a subset of the Probability Hax, since they don't mention Reality getting warped yet it happens, reality gets warped out of luck.

Agree with most of the thread. Regarding point 2:

The Physical Nightmares can be argued to be AE1 based on Nightmares, since they are the abstraction of the Nightmares itself. The above can be used as an explanation for the mechanisms behind Mind, Memories, Dreams.

Yeah, i agree with that. That can be put in the profiles of V's familiars if there are.

More elaboration and justifications on the Subjective Reality of Demons, I suppose.

Conceptual Subjective Reality (such as this wiki) is often portrayed as something metaphysical and is listed as such in various wikis. In the wiki i'm mainly in this WOULD be Conceptual Metaphysics (which is not the same as Type 2 Concepts), but, since this is VSBW and i cannot implement those standards here, just say it's more proof for Subjective Reality and Better Mind/Memory/Dream Hax.

I already pointed out the confusion above, but to summarize it i thought the death hax presented here was superior to the ones Low-Tier Demons already resisted, and therefore was a layer. But that was never stated or implied to affect Low-Tier Demons, so i guess it would go as more proof for Death Hax Resistance to Demons and Dante.
Bruh

Everyone has resistance to death hax based on the beastheads powers, Trish death hax not working on them but working on the army IS another layer.

Mid tier demons have the same abilities and resistances that low tier do but on a higher level, it literally says that in the page

Everyone has resistance to death hax based on the beastheads powers, Trish death hax not working on them but working on the army IS another layer
Mundus's generals in the Alt. Universe were striken with the swords but didn't receive a lot of damage, yes. However, there's no proof that the Trish Death Hax affects Low-Tier Demons, since the narrator only tells us that it causes "instant death", not that it does so to Low-Tier Demons... unless i'm missing something but y'know.

Mundus's generals in the Alt. Universe were striken with the swords but didn't receive a lot of damage, yes. However, there's no proof that the Trish Death Hax affects Low-Tier Demons, since the narrator only tells us that it causes "instant death", not that it does so to Low-Tier Demons... unless i'm missing something but y'know.
who else would it cause instant death to? Aren't we told like 70 % of army was wiped out.

They could've died from the wounds and not just the instant death
It was happening at a rapid rate, I honestly doubt that they would die from the wounds considering the demons can take heavy damage and get stronger through pain, we already know that if get pierced by the blade you die instantly.

So what's the point of death hax?

Beashead's Death Hax comes from energy of DW. It's a common hax, both ways you look at it demons resist simply by existing.

Alastor having death hax is hyped up and a special ability. Surely we aren't equating both?

Fujiwura makes sense for arguing spatial manipulation as opposed to Vector Manipulation

The rest looks good.

Everything aside from Vector Hax and Increased Death Manip got accepted.

Probability and Death Haz Resiatance should go to Dante or Sparda Heritage.

Nightmares and Memories from DMC should get AE 1, Familiars AE 2.

Resistance to Morality Hax should go to Hybrids.

Intelligence is a point of support for demons being smarter than humans, and should go to every demon which show advanced skills on any department.

Curse and Plant Hax should go to DW, but i doubt demons resist it since it affects doors and plants and they aren't stated to resist it.

Increased Empathic Hax should go to Mid-Tier Demons and Beasthead.

Even More Increased Empathic Hax and Fear Hax should go to Low 1-C Hybrids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back