• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deoxys (and others) Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the title says.

For some time now, I've been wondering about this but was never 100% sure If I should even mention or make a thread about it. But after some more digging, I decided to see if this was worth bringing up. So i'll just get right into it.

We all know about Deoxys's Grand Meteor Delta yes? Well for a while, I've been curious about the Grand Meteor Delta that Deoxys traveled to earth in, as in where the GMD came from in the first place. But now, I have some stuff that suggests GMD traveled from another galaxy.

>Kukui, Galaxy seems to be pushing it quite a lot

Being honest, I thought that way too in the beginning. But now im not so sure. And i'd like for everyone to at least see this out before immediately dismissing it. With that said, lets get er done.

Here's what I found for my basis so far...
Grand Meteor Delta
According to this ORAS manga scan, the scientists from the Mossdeep Space Center look at the screen in front of them stating that the asteroid they were tracking changed it's course. On that very screen, there appears to be a galaxy depicted on where they're tracking the meteors location from.

And yes, this is shown in the games too. In fact, the games themselves actually give more depiction and evidence of that picture on screen being a galaxy than the manga scan.

Screenshot 20180726-185226
Screenshot 20180726-185236

>That dot at the bottom of the galaxy on screen isnt G.M.D, it's the recorded spot on where to open the Link Cable's warp hole

Now, one could argue that the recorded location in that galaxy's bottom spot is the spot for the warp hole to open and do it's job, but if they did, that would make the feat even better. For one, In the second scan, it's stated that the warp hole would be created in the path of the incoming meteoroid. Incoming. Incoming as in G.M.D. didn't leave that galaxy yet but was still traveling on course to eventually meet the point of where the Warp Hole would open. That would mean that the meteorite at that point in time would be much farther away than the spot to open the warp hole, being more IN the galaxy presented than OUT, giving it more distance to travel.

Secondly, these scientists in the space center have been tracking the G.M.D. for quite a while before being aware of it's course being changed to the Pokemon planet. If one argues they set that recorded spot on the galaxy for the warp hole to open, then that would mean they acknowledge the meteorite coming toward that spot from somewhere in that galaxy.

Finally, Zinnia confirmed to Ruby herself that the speed of Grand Meteor Delta, while on course for the planet, would make it such a big threat besides obvious destructive stuff.

Grand Meteor Delta course

^That, and obvious logic in meteor's traveling, would mean that Grand Meteor Delta flew from at least a decently - significantly far part of that presented galaxy to where Earth is (before Mega Rayquaza destroyed said meteor) in 10 days at constant speed.

To make sure this made sense enough to be worth a thread, I at least consulted in Weekly first before making this to see what he thinks and he believes it can be something reasonable to discuss about. Plus he gave a small bit of math from this already, in which traveling from the edge of the milky way to earth in 10 days would result in it being 833910.c in speed. Not a calc guy, so i'll assume this is the general standard.

As for who would this get scaled to? If this is acceptable, then:

-Deoxys

-Mega Rayquaza (Mega form was the one to destroy GMD, not base)

-Mewtwo

-Mew

-Genesect

-The Tao Trio

-The Aura Trio

And likely Diancie
would scale from this. Discussion first and scaling later though of course. Anyone think this is reasonable?

Best case scenario, still no Magearna scaling, as it doesn't fight Zygarde, but is used to power a beam that only Zygarde could reflect.

Ofc I was gonna respond to this lol. However, given I can be...biased, I'll remain out of this, not stating whether I agree or disagree.

I mean if someone gives a really good explanation for this, Im fine with it not being accepted. I just thought this could be reasonable after getting at least Weekly's opinion on this first.

I'd rather you read any incoming replies about this and either state what you agree/disagree with so we know who's stance is on this though.

@Cal

Oh yeah, would Diancie scale from this at all? IK she got amped up by Xerneas and blocked Yveltals Oblivion Wing but IDK if she's the same as Magearna.

I think it seems somewhat reasonable. GMD did contain Deoxys, didn't it? Please correct me if I'm wrong. If Deoxys was changing the meteor's course at speeds those fast, it demonstrating FTL reactions seems plausible.

Imaginym said:
I think it seems somewhat reasonable. GMD did contain Deoxys, didn't it? Please correct me if I'm wrong. If Deoxys was changing the meteor's course at speeds those fast, it demonstrating FTL reactions seems plausible.
It did. In fact, Deoxys is the reason for why those scientists described GMD suddenly changing it's course the way it did in the 1st place.

In my first scan, they even state "it's like the asteroid has a will and changed it's own path".

Plus, Mega Rayquaza IIRC matched the meteors speed when he destroyed it with Dragon Ascent.

>Outlier

I was expecting this to come up. And i'll say with near 100% certainty that this can't, or rather shouldnt, be an outlier. Besides obvious exceptions like the god tiers and Gen 7 legendaries, all of the other legendaries who are currently at sub rel+ to Rel in speed are there soley because of scaling vastly off of non legendaries's speed feats like Poliwhirl and Charizard. This feat is Deoxys's own feat, and if Rel is the legendaries current speed because of scaling, then this shouldnt be an outlier.

The fact that there are legendary MFTL+ feats from legends that aren't literal creation gods already shows that this isn't an outlier. Also, because something's higher than expected, it isn't an outlier persay. This isn't contradicted by anything that I know of

I mean Rel to MFTL can still very much be an outlier. Just saying. And just because one set of legends have MFTL+ =/= another set wouldn't be an outlier as the two feats have nothing to do with one another.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I mean Rel to MFTL can still very much be an outlier. Just saying.
I would probably agree with this Dragon, if lets say, the Releativistic legendaries did their own reletavistic feats and then this suddenly popped up.

However, all of the legendary pokemon who are Sub Rel to Relativistic have no feats on putting them there. They are there because of scaling vastly above Poliwhirl and the bunch. This could be like saying Necrozma and the others should be outliers because as legendaries they scale above non-legendary Releativistic feats so their MFTL+ feats shouldnt be legit.

However (playing Devil's advocate), Solgaleo and Lunala's own speed feats are in fact only MFTL+. They in truth scale from no one. They are their own thing. Not saying this is an outlier. But I am saying that it still could be an outlier.

Oh yeah im not denying the latter, but only pointing that while both Sol and Lun's feats are their own thing, if legit, Deoxys's feat should be it's own thing as well. Both feats are different but both are also still legendaries and if not for the MFTL+ stuff, the Gen 7 legendaries would be scaling above the non-legendaries Rel+ feats too.

If Deoxys and the legendaries I mentioned actually had their own relativistic feats instead of getting the rating through non-legendary scaling, I wouldn't have even made this thread since it would most definitely be an outlier.

Seems reasonable to me but I'll wait and see. This thread reminded me that I haven't seen the Deoxys movie in a while.

I'm also neutral on the outlier thing as well. Don't think the legendaries have had any anti feats proving they couldn't move this fast but it's a big jump but hey, who knows.

I can understand that since it's quite the upgrade. However, these legendaries in particular do not have their own releativistic feats to make this one here out of the ordinary. They literally just get the rating because of scaling above much weaker mon. While it is a big jump, if there are no lower feats to compare this one to, then I honestly don't see how it can be out of the ordinary really.

Simply showing a galaxy on-screen doesn't seem nearly enough to justify the meteor coming from outside the galaxy. The scientists using a galaxy-wide map to see the meteor or just the galaxy being a generic space picture would be as much of a legit explanation there.

You mean't inside the galaxy right?

In any case, if showing the galaxy on screen doesnt seem to be enough, then what about the place they (arguably) marked in it to open the warp hole they planned to use the meteor on? You can see it at the bottom edge of the galaxy.

If that spot is for where the warp hole is to open, that would mean the meteor would have to becoming from somewhere thats further inside the galaxy.

It's not at the "edge" of the galaxy per say, it's still inside it. And Earth itself isn't exactly near the center of the galaxy.

I still don't believe that the point chosen for the portal not being exactly on Earth's position in the Galaxy to be enough to believe that the portal is lightyears away from Earth. At the very least, the calc should be tweaked a bit, because it's definitively not the edge of the galaxy.

Although if it does get accepted, I don't think that this is an outlier, given the MFTL+ feat from the SM cast and the general lack of anti-feats from legendaries.

I'll say one thing. If it does have to go to a galactic map, I believe that the scope would have to be as wide as a galaxy. Any sane person would use a muuuuuuuch smaller map if they could. If the meteor was only as far as say, the local solar system, there's no way any scientist worth their salt would go as far as to zoom out the entire Milky Way to position the meteor.

The real cal howard said:
I'll say one thing. If it does have to go to a galactic map, I believe that the scope would have to be as wide as a galaxy. Any sane person would use a muuuuuuuch smaller map if they could. If the meteor was only as far as say, the local solar system, there's no way any scientist worth their salt would go as far as to zoom out the entire Milky Way to position the meteor.
Your first mistake was assuming they were sane. ovo

@Professor Were you under the impression that it isn't? Literally all we get about this is these pics, and there is nothing that hints that this galaxy is another than the Poké-Milky Way

@Cal I'd like to pull the "fiction" card here. People having universal maps for much smaller distances happen. Again, I'm more under the impression that this is just a generic space picture than anything concrete.

Well, im fine if it is or isn't, but the thing that should suggest it's a different galaxy to me is the fact they have a recorded place in space where they planned to open the warp hole (before Zinnia destroyed the link cable). From how the screen presents it, it appears the warp hole wouldve opened in a place where the meteor would leave that galaxy before going to the Poke one.

That said, this is probably just me interpreting the wrong way. If you feel the math should be adjusted better, what would you suggest?

Not sure how you interpreted any of that as this being a different galaxy. All of what you said is just that they planned to place the warp hole in a specific place in space in order to send it to an alternate universe.

Instead of just saying "Edge of the Galaxy to Earth", we should calculate how far the warphole actually is in the pics above compared to Earth's usual position in the Milky Way.

I'm still not fully in support of this though. If the majority accepts it I'll give in, but for now, I'm still not convinced.

Also if this gets through we might finally see Mewtwo beating Frieza.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Not sure how you interpreted any of that as this being a different galaxy. All of what you said is just that they planned to place the warp hole in a specific place in space in order to send it to an alternate universe.
Instead of just saying "Edge of the Galaxy to Earth", we should calculate how far the warphole actually is in the pics above compared to Earth's usual position in the Milky Way.
Right, but the bit I was focused on was that the meteor was an incoming one toward the warp holes spot. Meaning it would have to come from the opposite direction of the warp hole. And I saw that as the meteor leaving that galaxy to reach that point in space.

However, I just wanted to explain my part so don't make anything of it. I actually agree with your proposition able to work too to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back