• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deoxys (and others) Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cal

You'd probably love FTL Mewtwo and such the most lol. Would you care to do the honors of calcing what Saikou proposed? The first cat/man to make a calc that can legitimately mean FTL Mewtwo ovo

You'll be bigger than the 1st man to walk on the moon OvO

I mean you shouldnt put yourself down like that Cal since you did make sub-rel+ non legendaries a thing.

That said, I completely understand it if you don't want to.

I see, though since the galaxy in the pics is more than likely a spiral one couldnt you use the imagine of our own spiral galaxy as a kind of reference for it or no?

Am I missing something, or is there a reason we're ignoring that warp holes (ie basically portals) are being used making this really hard to qualify as a legitmate speed feat?

You are indeed missing something. The Warp Hole is used to BFR the meteor away BEFORE it reaches Earth. The meteor travels from its unknown location to Earth by itself. It isn't helped by the warp hole.

Oh no Somebody, the warp holes have nothing to do with the feat.

The warp hole is being used as evidence for the meteorite crossing a far distance into the galaxy to reach earth since it was planned to warp the meteorite away that far in space before it could reach the planet.

Oh I see, I just saw the two scans and didn't really know what to make of it other than wormholes being involved.

Anyways, couldn't you guys use the manga page to calc it (Or at least give an assumption)? It looks pretty visible (Since Zinna is pointing at the shininiest object in the sky).

That could probably help. Looking at the scan again, the meteor in space looks like it's also being surrounded by nebulae while traveling. That could help or give a reasonable assumption on the distance between earths part of the milkway and the warp hole spot.

How big is the meterorite? You would probably need that to calculate the distance.

Could've sworn that was calculated before. I know the anime and game versions have been calculated, but Idk about the size of the manga one.

Didn't someone mention the size of it being a country or something in Cal's thread where we decided to upgrade these guys to 5-B? I vaguely remember but could be wrong.

I'll go get that thread.

Found it.

According to this thread where the legendaries got bumped up, it was mentioned 2x in discussion that manga GMD was the size of at least a small to normal sized country and no one had any objections to that.

Whether it is or isn't still agreed with im not sure.

Okay so I talked to Weekly again to see if he'd be interested in calcing this based on what we agreed on and he replied to me this:

"Okay, then the calc i did last time is what you'd use as that woyld be about 7 kiloparsecs from earth, or about 2.16e+20 meters

10 days in seconds is 864000 seconds

2.16e+20 / 864000 = 2.5e+14 m/s

2.5e+14 / 299792458 = 833910 c"

So the result is still the same from when I originally posted it in the OP, just with more math this time to give it weight.

I am not gonna lie

I don't think we've ever accepted such a massive jump in speed based off one feat

LordGinSama said:
Rel to MFTL seems like an outlier to me no matter how you cut it.
We already discussed above why it wouldnt/shouldn't be an outlier.

@Gargoyle

Well what about the Gen 7 legendaries? If it wasn't for their MFTL+ feat they'd be in the same boat as these guys, scaling above Relativistic. I know it's a big jump in speed, but these guys have no Relativistic feats of their own to compare this to. There's no anti-feats, just scaling from much weaker mon.

@Gar & LGS. The Pokémon that would scale have literally zero anti-feats and Deoxys being FTL was always a possibility due to its origin, but there was no proof.

Still being Swiss here however. You won't here's me saying yes or no anytime soon.

Well Weekly did reply that the math and result would still be what it is, even with Saikou's suggestion.

It just comes down to who does and doesnt have a problem with this the most to get this concluded.

The part in the video concerning Rayquaza starts at about 18:20, though it actually hits the meteor at closer to 19:25. In the scene it does appear that, compared to Ray, the meteor is entirely motionless at the moment of impact. Could just be dramatic effect though.

Well given Rayquaza physically rams into and destroys it with Dragon Ascent, it becoming motionless on impact makes sense. Either that or dramatic effect is possible too.

I meant that even before making impact, it appears motionless in the center of the screen while Ray breaks through it. It could also just be a camera perspective trick, following the meteor closely to make the actual hit more impactful. Either way a speed upgrade based on that scene might be a bit of a stretch, but it'd be best to wait for what everyone else says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back