• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deoxys (and others) Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess thats fair enough, but if that spot's the actual meteor instead of the place to warp it, then this should be easier.

In that scan they mentioned that the meteor changed it's path a week prior to the 10 days it took to reach Earth's general area. So 7 days to actually reach the edge of the galaxy should be a fair assumption to make for it and then go with 10 days from that location to Earth's location.

I vehemently disagree with scaling this to everyone. Pokémon is honestly kinda wanked enough as is. Making every Legendary 5-B and MFTL+ is straight up absurd.

>Scaling to everyone

It's not scaling to everyone though, only the legendaries that I listed in the OP would be getting this. And not every 5-B pokemon would be even getting this, like Diancie and Magearna

>Straight up absurd

Im sorry Matt, but you'll have to use a lot better reasoning than this to make it not legit. It's not a reason. If it's a feat, then it can be scaled. Simple as that.

Also, even in the best case scenario that the meteor has FTL flight speed Deoxys's only feat is changing its collision course. If you, for some reason, assume that it was going from the edge of the galaxy to the Earth in 10 days (which is a high end speculation) then he would literally need nowhere near FTL reactions to alter the meteor's path. The nearest object would be several light days away and would still take a little while for the meteor to approach.

Space is gigantic. Only reason why MFTL+ space travellers have their flight speed scaled to their reactions is because they are shown dodging planets and meteors at near point blank range while going at that speed like Silver Surfer and Drax do.

5-B Every Legendary is an outlier. I also question if the current Relativistic speeds are outliers (Not question, I know it is). And I also question the current habit of using game mechanics to scale every single Pokémon to the highest non-Legendary level if they are Max Leveled.

"Deoxys's only feat is changing it's collision corse."

I disagree but i'll list why below.

"If you, for some reason, assume that it was going from the edge of the galaxy to the Earth in 10 days (which is a high end speculation)"

How exactly is this speculation? You and I both agreed that the spot those scientists recorded at the edge of the galaxy was where the meteor was, yes? So if thats where it was, then it taking 10 days to get from that area of space to earth...isn't speculative.

"then he would literally need nowhere near FTL reactions to alter the meteor's path. The nearest object would be several light days away and would still take a little while for the meteor to approach."

Nearest object? Im pretty sure the distance between the galaxies edge and earth would have plenty of objects inbetween. But anyway, what about the planets GMD would be passing to even reach Earth? Like Mars, Jupiter, etc. Deoxys would have to pass these in order to get to earth, as well as control the meteor's movement speed himself, so he doesn't accidently crash into anything else or miss the earth and go hurdiling into the sun. The meteor isn't exactly a spaceship.

Overlord775 said:
prove that it's an outlier
Most of the Legendaries don't even get to 6-B with feats. The High 6-A feats are considered insanely high even by Legendaries standards. And there's only one 5-B feat that's done by Manga Mewtwo so applying it to anime is dubious as is.

So yes, it is an outlier.

Overlord775 said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
5-B Every Legendary is an outlier.
prove that it's an outlier
Guys, take this to another thread please.

This is off-topic and this thread is long enough as it is. I have a half mind to just delete this all together if it get too cluttered.

Matthew: Howard discussed that outlier and canon standand do not exist in Pokémon, also Kep and others are also discussing to scale the Adult Pokémon to kid trainers like Ash here.

> Like Mars, Jupiter, etc. Deoxys would have to pass these in order to get to earth, as well as control the meteor's movement speed himself, so he doesn't accidently crash into anything else or miss the earth and go hurdiling into the sun.

The same reason why the meteors that have reached the Earth in the past didn't collide with Jupiter, their gravitational orbit is wide enough to allow them to pass through relatively safely without being drawn in by anything else (other than the Sun)

> Matthew: Howard discussed that outlier and canon standand do not exist in Pokémon, also Kep and others are also discussing to scale the Adult Pokémon to kid trainers like Ash, it's here.

I literally never said that. I was planning on deciding between scaling each human from their own feats.

Kepekley23 said:
> Like Mars, Jupiter, etc. Deoxys would have to pass these in order to get to earth, as well as control the meteor's movement speed himself, so he doesn't accidently crash into anything else or miss the earth and go hurdiling into the sun.
The same reason why the meteors that have reached the Earth in the past didn't collide with Jupiter, their gravitational orbit is wide enough to allow them to pass through relatively safely without being drawn in by anything else (other than the Sun)
Alright, fair enough then.

Someone can close this now (if not, i'll remove it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back