• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
as shown in the anime, they're one floor above, the "higher ground" isn't high enough to make the lightning attacks look verticale in any way shape or form if they orginated from the staff and went straight to the characters to attack them, it would have way more horizontal
Whatever shape it takes is completely irrelevant to how his attack lands where he aims. The entire argument runs of the belief that his attacks cannot be manipulated and aimed, which requires evidence for such. We see in the fight against the Hashira that the lightning does bend and travel in any way it wants until it hits his target.
no?
in what way is the lightning drawn shown to be angeled towards them?
The lightning appears to be bending from an angle and not straight down. That’s just how it looks to me.
there are no dargons in sight as they well all destroyed by mitsuri he didn't create them either neither in the manga nor the anime and he can use his techniques even without said dragons as evident by when he used urogi's sonic beam from his mouth agaisnt mitsuri
He can create all the dragons at will. Assuming that there’s absolutely no dragons require more evidence than assuming he still had dragons or created more.
Him being capable of using their techniques with his body in no way is evidence for what you’re asserting. He’s a fusion of all the Demons, one of the demons ability is to literally shoot sound waves out his mouth. This is a none factor.
exept when the anime does not contradict the manga in any way shape or form and the author supervised the animating process
It doesn’t contradict or support anything. It not contradicting anything does not depict it being an accurate representation. It’s adding additional scenes that were never present in the manga.
Let me make a scenario for you.
Tanjiro swings his sword and created a giant shockwave, while the manga doesn’t fully show the outcome the anime shows him destroying a mountain.
There’s no “contradiction” so does this make it ok to use? You answer that question.
....and?

i never denied the fact that he uses the dragons as mediums to use his techniques, i said that he can use said techniques even without the dragons, he just prefers to use them
It’s completely dubious to argue he’s using an attack directly in their view when, according to you, he can summon dozens of them from the sky above them. Why would he actively shoot it at them from a place they can easily see when he can summon them from the sky where it’s almost impossible to watch at all times while fighting him? Why not summon them from the sky at all times?
and i don't think all those lightning bolts were originated from the dragons, i also can't see them going up?
The one coming from his mouth is drawn traveling upwards.
edit: can you make the panels smaller?
much appreciated
I refuse 🚶🏽‍♂️

And just to point this out, your entire argument is baseless. Not in the sense that you have no evidence supporting it, but that you’re arguing everything from scratch. Interpretation.

With no scenes of the attacks coming from the clouds, it’s essentially an assumption to assume the results from some of the attacks are because it comes from the clouds.

There’s no evidence for this, it’s all assumptions. What we do know is that all instances of his lightning being shown to come from something, it’s a source that is not the clouds.

“His attacks are coming from above so it must be the clouds.”

As easy as you can assert that I can claim

“He can freely control his attacks and can make them travel any direction he wants”

When Tanjiro and Nezuko is fighting the demons why doesn’t he just spam the bolts from above? Instead of constantly spamming easily telegraphed attacks from his staff? They’re inside a building, they’d have no way of dodging something they can’t see.

When Tanjiro blocks his attack using the Demons claw, why doesn’t he just summon some from the sky so Tanjiro cannot absorb them? When you argue like this previous scenes just doesn’t make sense.

He is slamming his staff on the ground to attack with lightning from above; so high ground doesn't add much. If you are claiming that he can manually control the lightning so much to aim it and force it into a convoluted arc toward his target, it simply doesn't make sense to not directly shoot it in a straight line instead.
What are you arguing here? Him being able to redirect the lightning doesn’t mean the electricity cannot opperate like normal electricity. All it’s doing is flowing like normal so im confused by this.
If you are claiming it is ambiguous, we have the anime to resolve the ambiguity. Sounds like the perfect opportunity to use the anime as a source of evidence.
The anime in this case isn’t a source of evidence, it’s straight up a different source material, it doesn’t “support” anything shown in the manga, only YOUR interpretation which unfortunately can be interpreted in many different ways that does not include CtG lightning. While using the anime can be ok for expanding on scenes presented in the source material, if it creates entirely new scenes altogether then we should disregard it.
And because of the anime, now we know.
If you are claiming that you don't know which implies neutrality on the subject, you shouldn't have an issue with secondary canon providing the missing information.
If the missing information is created altogether with no reasoning behind it then it’s a problem. The manga never has a scene like it or identical to it. Hell, I don’t even think the manga has any storm clouds shown in the manga. I’ll fact check this.

And upon looking at the scans, we NEVER see the attacks coming from any clouds. In the first scan we literally see the lightning coming off of his staff TRAVEL UPWARDS, and then we see lighting raining down onto Tanjiro and Nezuko. This matches my interpretation far more than the Op’s.

Whatever shape it takes is completely irrelevant to how his attack lands where he aims.
no, the shape of the attack does in fact matter in this case since they're all vertical and thus it's easy to deduce since the very caster of the lightning is literally on level ground with you that the vertical lightning bolts are coming from the sky, something very clearly shown in the anime that animated the feats that did not come out of nowhere but the manga in a way that gives 100% evidence that the lightning bolts definitely came from the sky

The entire argument runs of the belief that his attacks cannot be manipulated and aimed, which requires evidence for such

no, it runs on the bleif that the character has a brain cell count that at least contains 2 digits and will not manipulate the lightning bolts(if he had the ability to do so, something you yourself need to prove) to go to the sky high enough to look vertical when coming down then send them down on the targets that are on level ground with him instead of just sending them in a straight line especially when this is a fight to the death

also the burden of proof is on you here, not on me as all the claims i did provide were backed up with scans anime scenes and sufficient logic, your reasoning functions on the possibility of sekido having the intelligence of a karen on heat that wants to speak to the president of the country because the mcndonalds employee isn't giving her extra sauce
We see in the fight against the Hashira that the lightning does bend and travel in any way it wants until it hits his target.

no we don't, at least i don't know where you got the scene of lightning going up to the sky then down to attack the hashira(mitsuri i presume?) at least i don't remember such a thing happening

i also don't understand what you mean by bend and how severe it is as you have zero scans so please do provide that, much appreciated
The lightning appears to be bending from an angle and not straight down. That’s just how it looks to me.

either you have the eye sight of a bat or my glasses are clouding my vision but either way "that's just how it looks to me" is no argument when they're all objectively vertical with the caster standing on level ground with the characters he is trying to attack so unless you give your reasoning and show us why the anime scenes aka the animated version of the manga scenes done with the supervison of the author herself that do not contradict said manga scenes in any way shape or form makes the lightning bolts appear to bending from an angle instead of being vertical i would very much like to recommend you to visit an ophthalmologist and to buy some glasses

He can create all the dragons at will. Assuming that there’s absolutely no dragons require more evidence than assuming he still had dragons or created more.

the evidence is our sight,
no dragons on sight neither in the anime nor the manga and we do not see him create any either until the very next scene, you're claiming there are dragons when we can see none and said dragons that we can't see mysteriously disappeared the next scene as he had to create more via tapping the drums both in the anime and manga instead of using the dragons that, again none of us can see neither in the anime or manga and you're the one telling i need to bring evidence to prove that there are no dragons when both the manga and anime show none at all and all you have is a statement telling me that he can create more dragons so maybe there are more we can't and they are very high up in the sky and he used them to summon the lightning shown

this logic has more holes than the plot of the flash show the cw is working on and that alone speaks volumes
fancy way to say the burden of proof is on you here
Him being capable of using their techniques with his body in no way is evidence for what you’re asserting. He’s a fusion of all the Demons, one of the demons ability is to literally shoot sound waves out his mouth. This is a none factor.
wonderful, so you agree that despite him using urogi soundwaves with the wooden dragons as medium, he can also use the sound waves aka urogi's blood demon art without the dragons indicating he can use his techniques without the wooden dragons as i said earlier and he just prefers to use them with the dragons

se we're in an agreement
awesome

It doesn’t contradict or support anything. It not contradicting anything does not depict it being an accurate representation. It’s adding additional scenes that were never present in the manga.
Let me make a scenario for you.
Tanjiro swings his sword and created a giant shockwave, while the manga doesn’t fully show the outcome the anime shows him destroying a mountain.
There’s no “contradiction” so does this make it ok to use? You answer that question.

yes, the author supervised the animating process making it 100% usable and even if she did not, for as long as the anime does not contradict the manga any information it provides about the show is completely usable

you answer the question of why it's not

It’s completely dubious to argue he’s using an attack directly in their view when, according to you, he can summon dozens of them from the sky above them. Why would he actively shoot it at them from a place they can easily see when he can summon them from the sky where it’s almost impossible to watch at all times while fighting him? Why not summon them from the sky at all times?
because he prefers to use his techniques with the dragons and the range is closer, it's way easier to dodge a lightning bolt coming from the sky than to dodge one coming at you from 50 meters away, in fact the only times he did not use the dragons was when mitsuri was being carried by the others and thus unable to move and he sent tens of lightning bolts covering a huge range isntead of just a few to make sure it's lethal and that none of them can dodge it, but as soon as she was back up and running he used the wooden dragons

whatever the case it's way more logical than him instantly creating dragons sending high to the sky for some reason then commanding them to send lightning as you proudly claimed it to be the case unless i provide evidence against it....

i'm just going to say again that the burden of proof is on you here

The one coming from his mouth is drawn traveling upwards.
..i cannot see it go upwards no matter how i look at it, all i see is the lightning bolt going to the left

see, this is up ↑
all i see is the lightning bolt going this way ←

...well thank you for your time anyways
And just to point this out, your entire argument is baseless. Not in the sense that you have no evidence supporting it, but that you’re arguing everything from scratch. Interpretation.
no, wrong word, that's called deduction

i'm not interpreting that the lightning bolts are vertical timmy the animated feats supervised by the author make that 100% clear and free from interpretations, i'm deducing based on that that this is sky to ground lightning

With no scenes of the attacks coming from the clouds, it’s essentially an assumption to assume the results from some of the attacks are because it comes from the clouds.
the vertical lightning bolts summoned by someone on level ground with you are coming from the sky

where is the assumption here?

if you call seeing traces of a human's bite on someone's arm and deducing he must have been bit by a human on his arm an assumption than all i can say is that it's not and you're wrong

There’s no evidence for this, it’s all assumptions. What we do know is that all instances of his lightning being shown to come from something, it’s a source that is not the clouds.
no timmy, we do not know, in fact this thread is all about the fact that he summons lightning from the sky and not his staff something you and anyone for that matter has yet to provide evidence agaisnt

“His attacks are coming from above so it must be the clouds.”

As easy as you can assert that I can claim

“He can freely control his attacks and can make them travel any direction he wants”
very easy, but you see there is something called common sens that you didn't take into consideration when thinking about the decision

let's take a quiz for this occasion

in a fight to the death what would a character with 10 brain cells do

1 send the lightning bolts to the sky high enough so that they would look vertical when coming down then send them down to attack

or

2 send the lightning bolt straight to the enemie he is facing

i look forward to hearing your response

When Tanjiro and Nezuko is fighting the demons why doesn’t he just spam the bolts from above? Instead of constantly spamming easily telegraphed attacks from his staff? They’re inside a building, they’d have no way of dodging something they can’t see.
....did you not see the anime scenes?

look no forward than the first one

When Tanjiro blocks his attack using the Demons claw, why doesn’t he just summon some from the sky so Tanjiro cannot absorb them? When you argue like this previous scenes just doesn’t make sense.
because tanjiro slashed him then gave his defenseess back to him making blowing his head off when he was that close to him is far easier

And upon looking at the scans, we NEVER see the attacks coming from any clouds. In the first scan we literally see the lightning coming off of his staff TRAVEL UPWARDS, and then we see lighting raining down onto Tanjiro and Nezuko. This matches my interpretation far more than the Op’s.
ah yes, thanks for providing more evidence of the fact that zohakuten can use his techniques wihout the dragons as we see the same electricity flowing trough his body before summoning the lightning bolts from the sky the same way sekido's staff was operating

that's cool at least

anyways, i'll leave shadow' part to him

i'll sleep as i have a sheep to slaughter tommorrow, and i'm no lunatic, i'm a muslim

eid mobarak guys wish you all the best

you 2 timmy, good night pal

Last edited:
Op is just trying to prove that there are attacks who are cloud-to-ground though, wich is just one of our criterias, if they presented other evidence that fit our standards then this would be an easier CRT to evaluate.
Cloud to ground lightning doesn't require showing additional properties. But putting this aside, the lightning clearly fulfills two criteria.

It causes muscle contraction:
0109-011.png
0109-016.png

Tanjiro noticed that the lightning isn't conducting through the emotion clones' flesh, and exploited this by using the flesh as an insulator. Meaning that the lightning flows and conducts through other materials:
0110-008.png
0110-009.png

Are you talking about when they are fighting at close range, and where slamming his staff to the ground is a much more telegraphed attack?

Because Tanjiro had his back to him while being close, and he believed stabbing him through the neck/head would be an easy kill. This argument looks like grasping at straws tbh.

What are you arguing here? Him being able to redirect the lightning doesn’t mean the electricity cannot opperate like normal electricity. All it’s doing is flowing like normal so im confused by this.
If he is shooting the lightning up unguided, and therefore allowing it to operate as normal, then he wouldn't predict where it will land; it will go to the path of least resistance which is random as far as he is concerned and might be away from his target.
Sekido's long range attacks from above are pinpointed toward his target. Your position requires that Sekido is purposely redirecting the lightning way up, and then forward so that it is above his target, and then down. But if he has so much control of the direction lightning bends and goes, then it simply makes no sense why he wouldn't simply shoot it forward.

The anime in this case isn’t a source of evidence, it’s straight up a different source material, it doesn’t “support” anything shown in the manga, only YOUR interpretation which unfortunately can be interpreted in many different ways that does not include CtG lightning. While using the anime can be ok for expanding on scenes presented in the source material, if it creates entirely new scenes altogether then we should disregard it.
It is a possible interpretation of the manga per your admission, but because the anime with supervision from the author gave weight to a possible interpretation and gave us more context, we should therefore ignore the anime? I am not following.

First of all, since it is secondary canon, creating new scenes is valid. For example, the Hashira meeting wasn't shown in the manga. But it is shown in the anime, and they discuss issues such as the increase in the frequency of demon attacks, that traditional recruitment methods aren't keeping up, and that trainers reduced the quality of training. Why should we disregard the new anime scene not presented in the source material?

Secondly, the anime clips are literally not original scenes! They are adaptions of manga scenes.

If the missing information is created altogether with no reasoning behind it then it’s a problem.
It seems your objection is based on trying to guess the reasoning behind it, and concluding that there is no proper reasoning behind it?
Two questions:
1- Do you have insider sources so that you are not speculating in a vacuum?
2- Why would the reasoning behind it matter? In books, if authors don't tell us their intent, it doesn't really matter.

There an alternative way to get this accepted to be the same as ctg lightning
Lightning that has demonstrated at a minimum a few properties that real lightning has, and significantly less properties that lightning shouldn't have, can be considered real. Some examples of favourable properties are: making muscles of affected beings contract, having an (electro)magnetic field, being shown to actually move with a speed similar to lightning, flowing through conducting materials, the character being able to manipulate real electricity or electromagnetism in general, generating ozone or causing electrolysis.
Additionally, for calculations that involve lightning speed, one has to consider that the speed of real electricity can change due to a variety of factors, but for practical purposes, concerning attacks that are electricity-based, if they display power comparable to that of natural lightning, they should be considered to move at a comparable speed. It is required to show that the electricity carries an energy of at least 1.6 billion Joules or a voltage of at least 100 million Volts in order to qualify.
Just find out which conditions it meets

Mentioned a couple here:
Cloud to ground lightning doesn't require showing additional properties. But putting this aside, the lightning clearly fulfills two criteria.

It causes muscle contraction:
0109-011.png
0109-016.png

Tanjiro noticed that the lightning isn't conducting through the emotion clones' flesh, and exploited this by using the flesh as an insulator. Meaning that the lightning flows and conducts through other materials:
0110-008.png
0110-009.png

But that would be supporting evidence.

So do we have enough for an approval?

As far as I'm concerned that looks like real lighting. Except if there are major anti feats for them then they seem like regular bolts. Also the argument before about the guns is irrelevant. Guns are wanked to high heaven in fiction. Doesn't one piece have the same issue?

As far as I'm concerned that looks like real lighting. Except if there are major anti feats for them then they seem like regular bolts. Also the argument before about the guns is irrelevant. Guns are wanked to high heaven in fiction. Doesn't one piece have the same issue?
thanks for your input

should i put you in the agree section as well then?

Guys I think the best thing is to ask ant to revert the changes vapourrr made because it seems everyone agrees that demonslayer feats are outdated heavily

Guys I think the best thing is to ask ant to revert the changes vapourrr made because it seems everyone agrees that demonslayer feats are outdated heavily
this has nothing to do with the topic on hand so i ask you to please take it elsewhere

much appreciated

But natural electricity moves trough air at the same speed as lightning
Electricity has no set speed. It depends on resistance, amperage and medium travelled. Electricity can be as slow as subsonic to 50-99% lightspeed.

Why should we disregard the new anime scene not presented in the source material?
All profiles are based on the primary source material. No adaption, not matter how 1:1 can be used over the original material.

It's why it will always only be supplemental evidence rather than primary evidence.

All profiles are based on the primary source material. No adaption, not matter how 1:1 can be used over the original material.

It's why it will always only be supplemental evidence rather than primary evidence.
thats not entirley true, theres a few instances like bleach where the new anime takes precedence over the manga

Agreed about the gun part

Neutral abt the OP

what about in this case?
the manga shows vertical lightning bolts with the anime confirming it

also why did this thread suddenly get popular after being inactive for so long

From what I understand the standards can actually be more nuanced than that when author supervision is involved, as discussed in the Bleach anime revision. But I was talking in the context of there being no conflict, and didn't dispute that the source material takes precedent.

And as I pointed out, what is actually being discussed are not original scenes not present in the source material, but adaptions that affirms valid interpretation of manga scenes.

thats not entirley true, theres a few instances like bleach where the new anime takes precedence over the manga
That's because Bleach and FT have direct statements from the creator regarding their canonicity. You would need to provide the same evidence for Demon Slayer.
the manga shows vertical lightning bolts with the anime confirming it
Something being electricity and coming from above panel doesn't make it cloud to ground lightning.
And as I pointed out, what is actually being discussed are not original scenes not present in the source material, but adaptions that affirms valid interpretation of manga scenes.
What I'm seeing is that it's just electricity coming from non-natural sources. If we would consider them to be MHS+, it would be purely because of AP and semi-real effects of electric shock, rather than anything from a natural source.

Something being electricity and coming from above panel doesn't make it cloud to ground lightning.

it's not electricity

it was stated multiple times in the manga to be lightning, and as said in the previous arguments, the lightning is vertical while the summoner is on level ground with all the characters he is attacking, which indicates sky to cloud lightning

the main point is that sekido summons natural lightning when he taps the staff on the ground as the anime made clear when animating the manga panels i've provided

What I'm seeing is that it's just electricity coming from non-natural sources. If we would consider them to be MHS+, it would be purely because of AP and semi-real effects of electric shock, rather than anything from a natural source.

we don't see the actual source of the attack but we deduced on multiple factors and the anime adaptaion of the feats that they're sky to ground as they're all vertical when sekido himself is on level ground with the characters and all he does with the staff is tap the ground with it to summon the lightning, we also see zohakuten summon multiple lightning bolts from the sky, it was seen in the manga and clarified in the anime as well

it's not electricity
I'm not seeing it qualifying as cloud to ground lightning. Which is why I called it that.
it was stated multiple times in the manga to be lightning, and as said in the previous arguments, the lightning is vertical while the summoner is on level ground with all the characters he is attacking, which indicates sky to cloud lightning
It indicates that the lightning that starts in his staff travels up and then down. The origin point isn't the clouds from what I can see.
we don't see the actual source of the attack but we deduced
I'm not seeing it is the issue. They can see be MHS+ since they qualify in other areas I guess, but I'm not seeing a solid line for cloud to ground lightning bolts.

I'm not seeing it qualifying as cloud to ground lightning. Which is why I called it that.

It indicates that the lightning that starts in his staff travels up and then down. The origin point isn't the clouds from what I can see.
this was brought up previously

quoting shadow

If he is shooting the lightning up unguided, and therefore allowing it to operate as normal, then he wouldn't predict where it will land; it will go to the path of least resistance which is random as far as he is concerned and might be away from his target.
Sekido's long range attacks from above are pinpointed toward his target. Your position requires that Sekido is purposely redirecting the lightning way up, and then forward so that it is above his target, and then down. But if he has so much control of the direction lightning bends and goes, then it simply makes no sense why he wouldn't simply shoot it forward.

it just wouldn't make sens for the character to go about it in such a roundabout way instead of just shooting it forward

I'm not seeing it is the issue. They can see be MHS+ since they qualify in other areas I guess, but I'm not seeing a solid line for cloud to ground lightning bolts.

so do you consider this to be real lightning?

He taps his staff on the ground, as shown by the manga panels which then summons lightning. After that he guides it towards his target. It makes sense since he doesn't shoot lightning like a kamehameha, a special move is required to use it.
so do you consider this to be real lightning?
I said the only way it can be considered real lightning in my view is from a power and effect angle. Rather than it coming from a natural source.

For speed scaling idk. I know all the old MHS+ stuff was replaced forever ago, presumably for consistency reasons.

He taps his staff on the ground, as shown by the manga panels which then summons lightning. After that he guides it towards his target. It makes sense since he doesn't shoot lightning like a kamehameha, a special move is required to use it.
you didn't address the point, the lightning he summoned comes vertically from the sky while aimed towards his target, thats what i meant since if that wasn't the case, i've already explained how it wouldn't make sens otherwise

I said the only way it can be considered real lightning in my view is from a power and effect angle. Rather than it coming from a natural source.

For speed scaling idk. I know all the old MHS+ stuff was replaced forever ago, presumably for consistency reasons.

not for consitency, it's because kaigaku's blood demon art was presumable debunked for not being lightning speed

but all i need is your approaval that it's real lightning

you didn't address the point, the lightning he summoned comes vertically from the sky while aimed towards his target
I did address the point. He summons lightning from the staff and the guides it after (from my reading). The blast doesn't start with him, it starts from the staff and he controls it after.

but all i need is your approaval that it's real lightning
I mean, I already gave my answer:
  • I don't think it's cloud to ground lightning
  • I do think it fits enough secondary qualifications that it may count for a MHS+ rating
The latter still relies on speed consistency though.

I did address the point. He summons lightning from the staff and the guides it after (from my reading). The blast doesn't start with him, it starts from the staff and he controls it after.
the argument he taps the staff and summons sky to ground lightning that's guided towards the characters,

it's about the source of the lightning, in this case, it's the sky, the staff summons sky to ground lightning that was aimed to land where the charactrers were standing beforehand, if he could manipulate it then it would act like a homing missile instead of repeatedly missing the targets

he doesn't summon lightning from the staff, he summons sky to ground lightning with the staff, that's my point, since otherwise it would be illogical as the attacks are vertical while he himself is on level ground with the characters, because otherwise

this

he doesn't summon lightning from the staff, he summons sky to ground lightning with the staff, that's my point, since otherwise it would be illogical as the attacks are vertical while he himself is on level ground with the characters, because otherwise
This should be considered

@Qawsedf234

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back