• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter1129 said:
Pretty sure Tanjirou still hasn't used the demon slayer mark that he used against Akaza yet. And I'm also pretty sure he hasn't even activated See-Through-World yet. If he did we would've seen a few transparent shots of Muzan's body. So that's two power ups that he still hasn't activated just yet against Muzan. But yeah let's just wait and see.
You probably missed the bit from the beginning of 192. He does use the See-Through-World to determine that he needs to connect the 12 forms.

Ahh yeah I missed that last chapter. So the only power up he still hasn't used yet is the demon slayer mark he used against Akaza when he first entered the See-Through-World.

I honestly can see this ending multiple ways

For one, that color spread saying that it was the Final Battle makes me believe that this just could just end with Tanjirou vs Muzan, no help in the battle itself, Nezuko shows up specifically to heal and cure everyone's poisoned wounds, however I doubt it, I can see Nezuko showing up to help in the fight and maybe some of the others survive, get up and fight again, in the end, I do want Tanjirou to surpass Yoriichi and finish Muzan by himself, maybe Nezuko gets knocked out and that gives him the courage and power to finally finish Muzan off for good

It's seeming more and more likely that Tanjirou isn't using his Demon Slayer Mark because he knows he wouldn't be able to sustain it until dawn. If Nezuko can manage to burn the poison away before she becomes human, I wonder if he'll be able to use it and finally equal if not surpass Yoriichi.

Man, so Tanjirou's pretty much in Base Form right now, he can't use See-Through World, his Demon Slayer Mark, or a Red Nichirin Blade, he's still alive though, which is super impressive, as for Iguro, he's really doing well, I wonder if any of the other Demon Slayers will join the fight later too, the story is really taking its time with this battle, which I like, we still have a long way to go, so I expect Tanjirou will get even stronger and hopefully surpass Yoriichi in the end, he did last 10 Minutes against Muzan by himself, which is something

As for Muzan, I still find it amazing that he was able to take out all of the Demon Slayers at once while weakened from Aging, like even in a poor state, he wrecked them all

I hope Nezuko arrives soon to heal Tanjirou so that he can fight muzan at 100%.

Her arrival would give muzan another win condition, however, that of absorbing her and becoming immune to sunlight.

Yeah from what I can see it seems like current Base Tanjirou is roughly around Marked Obanai's lvl. And See-Through-World + Red Nichirin Blade was what allowed him to compete with Muzan before the aging weakening started. I think Tanjirou will become on par with if not surpass Yoriichi once Nezuko heals him and he activates Demon Slayer Mark, See-Through-World, and Red Nichirin Blade at the same time.

Man, so they say Gyomei is out and can't fight, so is Giyuu for sure, as for Inosuke, Zenitsu, and Kanao, I say it's still possible for them to enter the fray and help Tanjirou out, remember there is still 50 minutes left and the manga's been taking it's time

I imagine Nezuko will arrive in the next 2-3 chapters

AnimeUproar actually spoke of an interesting idea. What if some of the wounded pillars were demonized like the cat that was distributing the antidote so they could recover from the damage and fight Muzan even better than before?

Considering that Kyojuro was rather willing to die than become a demon, the rest of Pillars would probably kill themselves

Kyojuro wasn't in a situation where it could mean the difference between killing Muzan or not. I'd imagine one of them would be willing to go that far if it means culling demons at the source.

Gyomei is unlikely to go out of the story like this (he only has a day to live thanks to the mark), yet Yushiro says that he won't be able to fight due to his leg. So things are set up for some broken healing shenanigans, and demonization is on the table.

Edit:
Muzan Scar Foreshadowing
Some crazy foreshadowing from the author, also a solid argument to upgrade Muzan's regen to Low-High since he formed his scarred arms from just blood.

Chapter's out on Mangasee

Got to say Tanjiro and Iguro are doing great and even winning, I mean Tanjiro has the ability to snipe him with a bunch of Katana's, also Muzan's running out of strength and appears like he could fall at any second, also Nezuko is very close to town, and she's becoming human at this point

So why do I have this incredible feeling of dread that something will go horribly wrong....

Muzan has been weakening throughout the entire fight due to the aging potion. Right now he is probably just 8-B+ as Obanai can keep up with him even though he was previously one shotted.

Well, Obanai did cut his neck when he wasn't as weakened. You can say it was casual Muzan, but he can't change his durability just to flex his Regenerationn.

I mean, Obanai's definitely doing good, but he's also got Tanjirou's help who is the mvp at the moment, since he's lasted against Muzan for 20 Minutes and countered him the most, at this point, I kinda wanna wait to see how he does more before we tier him

I mean Rui cut his neck with his thread, even though he claims that his body > threads. Demons selectively strengthening their bodies while mainly focusing on their neck is the best explanation for durability inconsistencies.

I think it is in character for Muzan to keep his Black Blood Demon Arts as secret trump cards until he is back at full strength and the debuffs are gone. The next chapter concludes a volume which means there is probably a good cliffhangar, and with Muzan being weakened physically he might feel forced to finally start using them.

Nezuko's actually human now... so I don't think she' fight, unless she like retains some of the power or something

Also wow, Muzan got mega trolled by Tamayo, 4 different poisons to prevent him from escaping or fighting at full capacity, in general, that's just great

Can't wait to see this bastard die

As the chapters progress, I keep getting amazed by how skilled and powerful Yoriichi was to be capable of fighting Muzan like that by himself

The stage is set for Muzan to enter his final form! Who do you think will die next?

Next chapter, the medicine's 5th effect will be revealled: Making Muzan bald! But that was just a setup for the 6th effect...

Inb4 Muzan dies and Blue Spider Lilies sprout from his remains.

Seriously though, Nezuko gotta contribute since her father told her to save Tanjiro, so I believe she is still part demon and will choose to resist the antitode (at least until the fight is over), and fully return to demon mode with her full mental capabilities. The alternative is some non-sense about being a human with demon powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back