• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alright, let’s see if he can win this one.
Tanjiro Kamado (Post Sun Breathing Mastery): (MintyBoi1, NoisyPitta,Arkenis,Uzukeas)

Vs
Itadori Yuji (Post Shibuya)
Nobara (Shibuya)
Megumi Fushiguro(Shibuya)
Mahoraga is restricted
Who wins and why?

Fight takes place in Shibuya trainstation
Speed Equalised
Tanjiro has 10 minutes of prep time.

Last edited:
Well to kick things off,

Tanjiro is pretty used to being attacked from different angles, as we see with Daki and even Yoriichi Type Zero.
He will probably see who is the strongest physically, and try and take out Itadori. How do you guys think that will go?

Tanjiro should vastly outskill Yuji due to being able to take on Akaza who has actually beaten Yuji mainly based on his own skill in a previous thread. Couple that with See Through World, Tanjiro shouldn’t struggle too much to take Yuji out with an attack to his vitals, granted he can get past Nobara and Megumi’s summons attacking him. The only issue I can see is Yuji’s insane endurance fighting after liver damage, but even then he can be beaten with some followup attacks.

Last edited:
Tanjiro having prep should make him outmaneuvering the other two much easier, I think he takes out Yuji and from there Megumi and Nobara are missing their powerhouse and will likely be beaten down with their lower stats

The skill difference here is massive, and will really come into play against these guys. Yuji and Nobara don't really go into fights with a strategy in mind, so I can imagine them totally underestimating Tanjiro then getting rolled by him. Nobara is taken out easily and while Yuji isnt neccesarily a hard fight here, he would last a bit longer. The only thing I can say in the sorcerers' defense is that Megumi will have had time to plan and figure this guy out. If he was able to come up with a strategy against someone like Toji, I can't imagine the same wouldn't apply here.

His profile mentions he can get to 7-B 'with various shikigami' so who even knows what that means, though to be on the safe side I'd say that at least applies to his stronger shikigami (divine dogs, max elephant, nue). With this in mind, I think he'd be able to put up a decent fight against Tanjiro. Keep him at range with his summons and try to wear him down until he can land a dog claw. Still not sure who wins though.

His profile mentions he can get to 7-B 'with various shikigami' so who even knows what that means, though to be on the safe side I'd say that at least applies to his stronger shikigami (divine dogs, max elephant, nue). With this in mind, I think he'd be able to put up a decent fight against Tanjiro. Keep him at range with his summons and try to wear him down until he can land a dog claw. Still not sure who wins though.
Megumi’s summons only get him to city block aside from Mahoraga which is restricted. And Tanjiro is also an analytical fighter, with 10 minutes of prep he could surely find ways to get around summons and go in order of Yuji, Megumi, and Nobara

So I'm assuming this is a vote for Tanjiro then? Also, I believe megumi has a win con if he uses his domain expansion...But That's if Tanjiro doesn't manage to take him out first before he does the handseals. I doubt he'll use domain when the rest of the team are there.
He should also be able to see the Shikigami via their smell too.

Last edited:
Megumi’s summons only get him to city block aside from Mahoraga which is restricted. And Tanjiro is also an analytical fighter, with 10 minutes of prep he could surely find ways to get around summons and go in order of Yuji, Megumi, and Nobara
Oh lol I didnt notice that prep time. Easy Tanjiro win.

Voting Tanjiro. I see it being impossible they'd ever land a hit on him given his superior senses, his acrobats, and of course transparent world allowing him to deal with numerous angles. And given he always goes for the neck or a fatal blow he'll kill them instantly.

Yuji and Nobara don't really go into fights with a strategy in mind, so I can imagine them totally underestimating Tanjiro then getting rolled by him
While I agree they aren't the smartest in strategy, they did pull off a plan against Eso rather quickly and while injured at that but yeah they won't do the same here.
If he was able to come up with a strategy against someone like Toji, I can't imagine the same wouldn't apply here.
Toji isn't Tanjiro, the difference in skill and senses that Tanjiro has would make almost any plan Megumi could think of unsuccessful, not to mention his lack of wanting to push himself I see it unlikely he'd try making up a plan better than the trick he tried on Toji which failed him.

Voting Tanjiro. I see it being impossible they'd ever land a hit on him given his superior senses, his acrobats, and of course transparent world allowing him to deal with numerous angles. And given he always goes for the neck or a fatal blow he'll kill them instantly.
Added

Tanjiro loses this mostly because he can't sense any of Megumi's shikigami. And while he's stronger, Megumi's Divine Dog Totality should be able to harm him. Tanjiro is essentially like Toji without the speed difference, so defending against him is a lot easier for the group as long as Megumi uses his Shikigami effectively, which he's pretty good at doing. And since he appears to be around baseline 8-A the likes of Yuji, who is the main front line fighter should be fine to tank for combat.

Even with all the advantages given to Tanjiro, Megumi's shikigami are a real problem he can't really overcome before he's defeated.

Tanjiro has prep so he’ll know what Megumi can summon. Also there’s a possibility he smells them. There’s also how mobile some moves make him and Fake Rainbow which’ll trip up Yuji, get him with piercing damage, and let him immediately jump on Fushiguro before he can try anything crazy.

Tanjiro loses this mostly because he can't sense any of Megumi's shikigami. And while he's stronger, Megumi's Divine Dog Totality should be able to harm him. Tanjiro is essentially like Toji without the speed difference, so defending against him is a lot easier for the group as long as Megumi uses his Shikigami effectively, which he's pretty good at doing. And since he appears to be around baseline 8-A the likes of Yuji, who is the main front line fighter should be fine to tank for combat.

Even with all the advantages given to Tanjiro, Megumi's shikigami are a real problem he can't really overcome before he's defeated.
Disagree. That was a rampaging Toji who wasn’t using any of his skill at all, This is a Tanjiro which is much mores killed than an in control Toji. Tanjiro shoudl also be able to sense the shikigami considering Toji can by simply having enhanced senses.

Tanjiro has prep so he’ll know what Megumi can summon. Also there’s a possibility he smells them. There’s also how mobile some moves make him and Fake Rainbow which’ll trip up Yuji, get him with piercing damage, and let him immediately jump on Fushiguro before he can try anything crazy.

Prep isn't prior knowledge, nor would prior knowledge really help Tanjirou prepare for an invisible (because the curses are imperceptible for those without cursed energy or the heavenly restrictions that Toji and Maki have) and invincible enemy. Tanjirou doesn't have a feat of smelling an enemy like cursed spirits or possessing cursed energy so he really has no way to defend against or stop Megumi's Shikigami.

Disagree. That was a rampaging Toji who wasn’t using any of his skill at all, This is a Tanjiro which is much mores killed than an in control Toji. Tanjiro shoudl also be able to sense the shikigami considering Toji can by simply having enhanced senses.
Firstly, even as a puppet Toji clearly showcases he's utilizing skill. Any my point is less a comparable skill and more a comparable problem. Secondly, that's not how that works. Toji perceives cursed spirits because his heavenly restriction deprived him all of his cursed energy. His ability to perceive cursed spirits is a direct result of the mechanics of the verse. Not really something that would equalize even with verse equalization since Tanjiro would actually just classify as a normal human still, especially since his smell is enhanced, not his overall senses like Toji and Maki. So without Tanjirou having the feats we don't consider him able to percieve Shikigami. That also doesn't get past the fact that he can't hurt them.

Prep isn't prior knowledge, nor would prior knowledge really help Tanjirou prepare for an invisible (because the curses are imperceptible for those without cursed energy or the heavenly restrictions that Toji and Maki have) and invincible enemy. Tanjirou doesn't have a feat of smelling an enemy like cursed spirits or possessing cursed energy so he really has no way to defend against or stop Megumi's Shikigami.
Tanjiro has numerous feats of being able to smell things such as Auras(all cursed spirits/shikigami emit an aura) Emotions(Divine Dogs notably have emotions which are akin to an actual dog,) and even the future. He should be able to smell the shikigami without any problems.
Firstly, even as a puppet Toji clearly showcases he's utilizing skill. Any my point is less a comparable skill and more a comparable problem. Secondly, that's not how that works. Toji perceives cursed spirits because his heavenly restriction deprived him all of his cursed energy. His ability to perceive cursed spirits is a direct result of the mechanics of the verse. Not really something that would equalize even with verse equalization since Tanjiro would actually just classify as a normal human still, especially since his smell is enhanced, not his overall senses like Toji and Maki. So without Tanjirou having the feats we don't consider him able to percieve Shikigami. That also doesn't get past the fact that he can't hurt them.
He showcases that he’s using a bit of skill, Yes, but it’s not comparable to where he is fully controlled. His ability to perceive cursed spirits as stated by Yuki herself is simply because his five senses were so sharpened to the point where he could sense their presence. Also since VE isn’t in play here, Tanjiro would be deprived of 0 cursed energy(though he wouldn’t gain the ability to have a HR ofc) Tanjiros smell should surpass Tojis 5 senses, along with this- Curses and Shikigami have an impact on the world such as smell and physical things done to the environment, so that’s another thing.

Yeah I disagree with Duedate, Tanjiro should be able to smell them with no problem, Tanjiro takes this FRA

Tanjiro has numerous feats of being able to smell things such as Auras(all cursed spirits/shikigami emit an aura) Emotions(Divine Dogs notably have emotions which are akin to an actual dog,) and even the future. He should be able to smell the shikigami without any problems.
Tanjiro can not perceive the actual future. He's performing analytical prediction and just seeing what someone is doing based off of how their muscles and scent goes. Smelling an aura also isn't good enough because Aura's are a separate thing in JJK in the first place and what more, it's not the same as detecting the presence of a cursed spirit/shikigami. Because the aura that Tanjirou detects are not the same auras that cursed spirits and shikigami's have.

Without feats of sensing something comparable to what cursed spirits or shikigami are, we wouldn't say he can sense these things. It's as simple as that.
He showcases that he’s using a bit of skill, Yes, but it’s not comparable to where he is fully controlled. His ability to perceive cursed spirits as stated by Yuki herself is simply because his five senses were so sharpened to the point where he could sense their presence. Also since VE isn’t in play here, Tanjiro would be deprived of 0 cursed energy(though he wouldn’t gain the ability to have a HR ofc) Tanjiros smell should surpass Tojis 5 senses, along with this- Curses and Shikigami have an impact on the world such as smell and physical things done to the environment, so that’s another thing.
That's not how it works either. You're using the mechanics of JJK to give Tanjirou a power he doesn't possess, we don't allow that. In the setting of JJK, complete depreviation of cursed energy gives enhanced senses which can perceive cursed spirits. We don't apply this logic cross-verse wise.

Is this a 3v1 or is Tanjiro fighting them back to back? If it's the former, I'll definitely withhold from voting and wait for a while. Because while you could argue Tanjiro stomps in 1v1's, in 3v1 where his opponents can coordinate attacks together on the fly and all have aces that are troublesome (Invisible/undetectable summons, Damage transferal via voodoo shenanigans, black flash, etc.) it gets a LOT more difficult.

I can honestly see Yuji and Megumi causing Tanjiro to accidentally leave behind a trace of his hair or some other residuals which Nobara can use resonance on. And pretty sure all it would take is one resonance and Tanjiro's dead. Not much he can do from being impaled from the soul out.

I’m unsure if one resonance could take him out, the cursed paintings were able to take it if I recall and Tanjiro has shown supernatural levels of willpower

Tanjiro can not perceive the actual future. He's performing analytical prediction and just seeing what someone is doing based off of how their muscles and scent goes. Smelling an aura also isn't good enough because Aura's are a separate thing in JJK in the first place and what more, it's not the same as detecting the presence of a cursed spirit/shikigami. Because the aura that Tanjirou detects are not the same auras that cursed spirits and shikigami's have.

Without feats of sensing something comparable to what cursed spirits or shikigami are, we wouldn't say he can sense these things. It's as simple as that.
I see.

Well, then what about the physical smells and detections that the shikigami will leave upon the world? Along with this, it’s counted as extra sensory perception- so he should be able to sense it.

Also,he could possibly use his own aura to cause Megumi to paralyse in fear to stop him from even summoning the shikigami.

I’m unsure if one resonance could take him out, the cursed paintings were able to take it if I recall and Tanjiro has shown supernatural levels of willpower
I think Nobara was intentionally not making it fatal, since she was stabbing herself to do so, and was trying to get them to deactivate their cursed technique. Whereas when she used it on a curse she had nothing to bargain with, this happened to them:
12.jpg
13.jpg

Doubt supernatural willpower will let him survive having his heart torn to a million pieces by big ass spikes protruding from several parts of his body and his soul punctured. Unless he has supernatural willpower on that level I suppose. Though dealing with damage to the soul as far as I'm aware isn't something he's shown.

They do say smaller cursed spirits are weaker than bigger ones, it could be a dramatized effect. Mahito had spikes only coming from his chest when she hit him, if that happens in Tanjiros case I can see him fighting still with all he’s taken. And that’s on the off chance he lets her get the opportunity to use the technique.

They do say smaller cursed spirits are weaker than bigger ones, it could be a dramatized effect. Mahito had spikes only coming from his chest when she hit him, if that happens in Tanjiros case I can see him fighting still with all he’s taken. And that’s on the off chance he lets her get the opportunity to use the technique.
The bigger curses are also better at resisting damage to the soul... especially Mahito who's whole shtick is manipulating the soul and regenerating from it. Is there scans of Tanjiro fighting with his heart being destroyed completely and his soul pierced? If so, I'd be inclined to agree, but the damage would significantly hinder him. Especially since Nobara can just repeatedly use resonance to **** him over.

Idk about paralysis, but fear manip, yeah. All Sorcerers can resist the passive fear aura of Curses.
Tanjiro has a battle aura which causes paralysis and internal lacerations along with an immense amount of fear, that should come into play here.

Tanjiro has a battle aura which causes paralysis and internal lacerations along with an immense amount of fear, that should come into play here.
Paralysis and internal lacerations are def a problem. Fear part should be resisted pretty handily I guess.

Can we dig into this, how exactly is this paralysis and internal laceration happening? Where is it coming from, because the profile has no scans and I don't recall Demon Slayer's aura's being able to hurt people or even paralyze them.

Can we dig into this, how exactly is this paralysis and internal laceration happening? Where is it coming from, because the profile has no scans and I don't recall Demon Slayer's aura's being able to hurt people or even paralyze them.
Not sure where it comes from, but it’s on his profile, so should be alright to use.

Back