• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
KnY sales are exploding; it sold around 9 million since November already , so it is probably beating One Piece for this year again. All volumes are above 12 million sales, and the latest volume surpassed HxH's and Naruto's recorded peak first month sales.

With that out of the way, Obanai gained lots of respect in a short amount of time. It is no longer appropriate to make fun of him for not accomplishing anything on-screen.

Kinda wish Shinobu had gained a similar amount of respect when she fought Doma. But nope she's still the one that gets disrespected the most among the pillars.

It's weird when you consider a muscular guy like Tengen was taken down by UM6 when she can somewhat tango with UM2. There's a huge difference in feats there.

She straight up blitzed casual Doma at some parts of their fight and stabbed his neck both of which are really impressive feats. Tengen on the other hand was the one that was nearly blitzed when Gyutaro first appeared and was only roughly on par with him before the poison kicked in. But somehow Tengen > Mitsuri according to some people even though narration and in story feats say otherwise and Shinobu is the weakest because she can't cut a demons head. Tengen, Kyojuro, and Muichiro are probably the most overrated pillar if we are talking about strength. It doesn't help that big anime YouTubers like Animeuproar also overrate them.

They kind of foreshadowed him being strong too, with Obanai being like "So you killed UM6? I mean, good job but it was just UM6." to Tengen in the aftermath.

I mean all we got from that was that he was likely stronger than Tengen who is really not that impressive strength wise as he couldn't even beat Gyutaro 1 on 1 so we never had any clear indication on how strong Obanai was. Obanai never really showed how strong he was until the fight with Muzan. He was the only pillar other than Gyomei to cut Muzan's whip arm.

At the very least he should have limited water manipulation, as it's literally shown with his fight against those 3 black lagoon demons, he can actually manipulate water with his water breath

Peter1129 said:
All breaths are just sensation manipulation and nothing else.
But we saw Water breath manipulate the water of the dimension of the black lagoon. Doesn't that warrant limited water manip?

That's probably just the pressure from Tanjirou swinging his sword. Gotouge the author canonically said the breaths are just visual effects.

Peter1129 said:
That's probably just the pressure from Tanjirou swinging his sword. Gotouge the author canonically said the breaths are just visual effects.
Huh, fair enough. That makes sense

Hey guys, the all the links on Tanjirou's page are setting off spam filters because of the Mangasee website, preventing edits. I've spoken to Ant, and we've come to the conlusion that all of the pictures from the links should be uploaded to the Vs Battle picture databank and the links should be replaced. Who has the time and the knowledge of editing to do this?

SpookyShadow said:
It's not just Tanjirou's profile, almost every KNY profile is like that.
Unfortunately, that does seem to be the case. The fix is easy enough, but since it affects all of KNY, it is very time-consuming.

If all pages are getting updated, we might as well update the names so the first name is before the family name, per this CRT .

So Kamado Tanjirou -> Tanjirou Kamado, and so forth

ShadowWhoWalks said:
If all pages are getting updated, we might as well update the names so the first name is before the family name, per this CRT .
So Kamado Tanjirou -> Tanjirou Kamado, and so forth
It can be taken care of while someone is working on updating the pages

SpookyShadow said:
By they way, I thought of making Uzui's profile, would Uzui's Breath be actually considered Sound Manipulation?
A CRT for the whole verse (a minor one just to add some new stuff and update the links) will probably take place soon, but if at all possible, I'd like to wait until the Muzan fight is over and add/update everything all at once

Welp, I'll try not to spoiler myself the manga anymore. I'm close to being caught up with it but still. (Though I got spoilered few fokin deaths by pathetic YouTube elitist "manga readers")

SpookyShadow said:
Welp, I'll try not to spoiler myself the manga anymore. I'm close to being caught up with it but still. (Though I got spoilered few fokin deaths by pathetic YouTube elitist "manga readers")
Oof, I think I know the ones you're talking about, and I'm sorry to hear they were spoiled. Would love for you to help with the CRT once you are caught up!

I will for sure be a supporter and I noticed few missing abilities like Accelerated Development for Tanjiro and possibly for Zenitsu/Inosuke (enitre cast xD). The manga is great despite few flaws and I'm enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back