• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Demon gets an introspective before they die tho^

Akaza, Doma, and Kokushibo all had flashbacks and introspectives into their lifes, I imagine Muzan will have it as well as he fades away

Muzan HAS to have some motive behind his killing besides wanting to be perfect, every demon is like that, Akaza is the best case

I like Tanjirou's opinions on Demons, it's very refreshing for a protagonist, he can feel empathy and sorrow for the Demons who got turned against their will and treated horribly, but he can't frogive the way they act and knows he must kill them

That's what makes him great

The mangaka isn't the type of writer to give villians uninteresting backstories. Akaza, Doma, and Kokushibo all had worthwhile writing behind them. I can't see Muzan being any different.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I like Tanjirou's opinions on Demons, it's very refreshing for a protagonist, he can feel empathy and sorrow for the Demons who got turned against their will and treated horribly, but he can't frogive the way they act and knows he must kill them
That's what makes him great
That's why he is one of my favorite protagonists, people sometimes talk about KnY that it's generic et cetera but it's bullshit, characters are great developed, especially Tanjirou who's no Mary Sue and can get dead-angry (one of the most human protagonists tbh), remarkable character designs, it never disappoints with delivering great fights and concepts, has interesting villains...

...yet people will tell it's very generic writing because "his parents are dead"

I really like when Tanjirou gets angry or hateful, he just has this aura as a protagonist that really works, you see death in his eyes and he doesn't hesitate to kill, which I really like

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I really like when Tanjirou gets angry or hateful, he just has this aura as a protagonist that really works, you see death in his eyes and he doesn't hesitate to kill, which I really like
Can't remember the chapter, but in a recent one, Muzan is taunting him or something, and Tanjirou grits his teeth and gets pissed as to be expected, but Muzan does something else like threaten Nezuko or something to that effect and Tanjirou's silent wrath sent shivers down my spine...

SpookyShadow said:
This one
418e20e40641cf8a6f2ffebfc0582996
. He doesn't even need to look angry, you just need to look into his eyes to see his wrath
BRUH YES! That's like easily a "top 10 angriest anime characters" moment

I really hope Demon Slayer becomes one of the series who's manga gets fully adapted into anime form, it really deserves it, I imagine we'll get a season 2, the series made a lot of money and is really popular now

The movie will cover the Infinity Train Arc

Season 2 could deal with the battles with Upper Moons 6-4

Season 3 could be the last one and deal with the battles in the dimensional palace thing and the final battle with Muzan

I pray to god we see this through

Ufotable's CEO is a HUGE fanboy of KNY, thats why they animated it despite not being a game (Ufotable only makes anime adaptations of games). I wouldnt worry about it, they will surely finish the anime, specially when it sells so well and its extremely popular.

^If that's true, Kimetsu no Yaiba will probably have the best shonen adaptation of all time, if the whole series gets animated

There are so many awesome scenes I wanna see get animated

It really isn't...ugh...I'm sorry but growths legit gross me out and that is just all the nope...I'm sorry, that image is just disgusting for me.

What's so different about it appearance wise anyway? He looks no different than base outside of a growth on his eye which I'm sure ain't part of the Breath itself.

SpookyShadow said:
...because it shows that he is fighting while influenced by Muzan's blood and shows his rage
That doesn't answer my question. I see no point in adding a key for a form when said form doesn't really have a physical difference. This growth is not apart of the form.

Yeah I have to agree with Dragon here. That's just Tanjirou being affected by Muzan's blood it has nothing to do with him mastering BotS. It should not be an image at the top of his page. Though I guess we could still put it in his gallery.

Wow, so the Muzan that's been wrecking the Pillars was also slightly weakened due to Tamayo's aging poison slowing his movements a little, meaning that the pillars would've been defeated even sooner if he was in peak condition, either way, Tanjirou turned his blade red by himself and also connected all 12 forms and is managing to match Muzan still, he's reacted to all his arm whips and parried them all by himself, jesus he is far stronger than all the other Demon Slayers at this point

@Dragonmaster

I don't know what to say about that bro, I think that image of Tanjirou is badass and a great addition to his pictures, so is it possible you can just ignore it, because I really like the way it looks

I mean, we can simply add it to the gallery seeing as the mastered ability isn't actually a transformation. Honestly, I am shocked Tanjiro had yet to get a gallery section.

Yeah just move the image to his gallery.

Also who removed the Likely from Tanjiro's profile on his last key? Cause it's been pretty clear that Tanjirou even after mastering BotS and activating the red nichirin blade without Nezuko's help still isn't exactly at the lvl of Yoriichi and Muzan. He said he wasn't sure if he could hold off Muzan for that long last chapter and in this chapter it's made pretty clear that even after getting weakened by the old age potion overtime Muzan is still stronger than Tanjirou. So he should only be Likely 8-A and not straight up 8-A like Muzan and Yoriichi.

I mean, Tanjirou is doing just as well as he did against Akaza, and we scale both of them to each other, Tanjirou's already far superior to all the other Demon Slayers Combined, which should make him far superior to 8-B anyways and put him on the 8-A threshold, besides he has parried most if not all of Muzans attacks and has matched him in AP and Speed for the most part and he will likely do even better as he progresses eventually surpassing Muzan

Tanjirou should scale to Muzan fully, he is matching him and has tagged him several times now, he severed a bunch of his arms and pushed Muzan back at the end of the new chapter, plus he got hit by Muzan a few times now and he never faultered or was out for the count, point being I don't think he needs the likely, but we can put it back for now if you'd prefer

I mean isn't Tanjirou tagging Muzan only because he was weakening due to old age? Muzan even states in this chapter that his attacks are getting slower. But, if everybody else is fine with just 8-A than I won't pry any further.

Although Tanjriou will probably need an At least 8-B+ key for his base later on since we just learned in this chapter that he's fighting with the red nichirin blade which increases AP.

The Muzan that overpowered everyone and easily one-shot them all was also slightly weakened due to aging, so technically Muzan is 8-A while slightly weakened as well

I've also been treating this Tanjirou like Yoriichi, all his power ups are active and now just part of him, like I'm pretty sure his Demon Mark is permanent now and so is see-through the world, I'm not sure he even has a Base Form anymore, but then again, let's wait and see, Nezuko hasn't arrived yet, and I don't think the Pillars are out for good yet

Pretty sure Tanjirou still hasn't used the demon slayer mark that he used against Akaza yet. And I'm also pretty sure he hasn't even activated See-Through-World yet. If he did we would've seen a few transparent shots of Muzan's body. So that's two power ups that he still hasn't activated just yet against Muzan. But yeah let's just wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back