• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon King's abilites removing((Nanatsu no Taizai)

Sigurd; a single statement in the manga unsupported by any evidence.

Forgive me for being skeptical.

Not everything can be explained as PIS, especially when there are no statements or feats that the Demon King could use the abilities before or after he split up his power.

Damage3245 said:
By all rights Yhwach shouldn't really have them either.

But if you want to put the Commandment abilities under a separate tab, that's a fine compromise.
If only there wasn't a whole chapter dedicated to explaining why he has them.

If only there wasn't a whole chapter dedicated to explaining why he has them.

A single statement from the manga, and yet not one example of him using them.

Almost as if it was subtly retconned.

Not saying this is the case, but other excuses for this aren't convincing.

Forgive me if I'm missing context, but from what i'm hearing it definitely sounds like Damage has the right idea.

If you unambiguously have some abilities, then in that case contradictions could be reasonably explained away as PIS.

But if those abilities weren't actually stated or demonstrated, and were only assumed due to what seemed the most logical, then the possibility of the powers not being true rises exponentially.

In this case acting as if your interpretation is unarguable fact and anything that goes against it is simply PIS just doesn't work

They actually were stated. He gave them to the Ten Commandments and regained them once in Meliodas' body.

Yobo Blue; that statement doesn't say whether he used the abilities himself.

It just says he split half of his total power into ten fragments.

Just want to point out that Yhwach and DK are two different case

Yhwach mostly use only Almighty,which is his main and favorite ability that he use most of the time and also his powers got nullify before he had the chance to try use all of them

Some of the DK's commments however work passively like "The Love" and "Pacifism" and yet nothing happen

We never actually saw the DK fight with all the commments and notthing contradict the fact that the DK himself can't use the commments since the final fight of him and Ban was literally the only time we saw him at full power

It makes no sense to claim that Mael who can't even absorb single commandment without getting corrupt can use TC abilities but DK can't.

Ezeriot, it is possible that when the Demon King reacquires them he only gets a power boost back to his original power level instead of being able to use the unique abilities from them.

It's pointless to debate against Damage at this point. His arguments are basically an Argument from Incredulity masquerading as "skepticism"

Whereas the evidence being given in favour of keeping those abilities is lacking.

There is evidence against him using them, it has been provided in this thread.

Yobo Blue said:
Actually, remind me, what was that evidence again?
The evidence of him not having them; if he had the passive Commandant of Love then Ban who clearly hates him would not be able to attack him so freely.

Because the commandments never activate when they should. That happened even when it was the Ten Commandments who had them. It's just the usual PIS.

It would be PIS if the Demon King previously displayed the ability then no longer did.

But we have no reason to think he had full use of them.

We have no contradicting info either, and while there is no concrete evidence there is logical and rational thought processes we can use.

If there's no concrete evidence, then there's also no real grounds for calling PIS when he doesn't show these abilities.

I don't think it is a case where either side can really convince each other. It just comes down to personal interpretation.

When I'm 100% confident about is that the Demon King did not show any of the passive abilities of the Commandments at least.

if i remember right mael didnt use any pasive abilitys of commandments he only like made some weapons out of them

Ezeriot said:
PolarKid said:
if i remember right mael didnt use any pasive abilitys of commandments he only like made some weapons out of them
he was Estarossa the Love
yes but later when he absorbet some other commandments ne didnt use their pasive powers

Back