• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon King's abilites removing((Nanatsu no Taizai)

So the Demon king has a vast list of abilties which come from scaling from the 10 Commandments or else such as:

"Petrification (Anyone who knowingly speaks a lie in front of him turns to stone), Life Manipulation and Age Manipulation (Anyone who kills another living thing in front of him has their remaining lifetime stolen from them)"
Thing is,during his final fight with Ban he never showed any ability like that and the only thing the Commandments seem to do is only give him a boost physical power and nothing else

You should add topics for this thread btw. So that it's clear who you are talking about.

Was he stated to possess all the commandments himself? As far as i know, giving someone abilities isn't considered evidence of possessing those abilities oneself.

Dzhindzholia said:
I don't remember anyone lying to him or killing any creatures in his presence.
Ban show signs of hate towards the DK but his power wasn't nullify

And he also kill the DK at the end of chapter 305 and again nothing happened

Yobo Blue said:
That's because he gave away those powers. It's only for his first key
He didn't give it away,the DK as Meliodas has all the commandments

I have to agree that the Demon King never exhibited the abilities of the Commandments himself.

This was PIS and bad writing on Nakaba's part. It was absolutely redidculous that the DK didn't use a single Commandment ability, nor did we see any of their passive effects yes. But he still has those abilities.

I don't know... I feel like each fraction of the Demon King's power only had a unique ability after he removed them from himself.

The likelihood of the Demon King still having the passive effects is unlikely because as someone pointed out Ban was full of hatred towards him yet was still able to beat him up.

Damage3245 said:
I don't know... I feel like each fraction of the Demon King's power only had a unique ability after he removed them from himself.
The likelihood of the Demon King still having the passive effects is unlikely because as someone pointed out Ban was full of hatred towards him yet was still able to beat him up.
I think it's pretty blatant bad writing on Nakaba's part because I guess he just didn't make anything happen because the plot demanded it. If we use this logic then Madara Uchiha can't use Izanagi because the plot demanded he shouldn't when he was killed by a momma's boy. Or Naruto can't summon 2000 clones because the plot only made him do it twice. t's just bad writing, simple as that really.

This whole post is shaky headcanon at best.

I think it's better if we specify that he only Possibly has them in his full power key. Basically he should only possibly have those abilities in his second key.

> Or Naruto can't summon 2000 clones because the plot only made him do it twice.

LOL, he's done that a dozen times easily.

We already have a case of Madara using Izanagi.

We don't have any cases of the Demon King using the abilities of the Commandments, so the comparison falls apart.

Damage3245 said:
> Or Naruto can't summon 2000 clones because the plot only made him do it twice.
LOL, he's done that a dozen times easily.

We already have a case of Madara using Izanagi.

We don't have any cases of the Demon King using the abilities of the Commandments, so the comparison falls apart.
1: He's only done that at certain times when convenient for the plot. (EG He never uses it when it could stomp an enemy)

2: Only done that once to save his life. No reason he shouldn't have done it against Zetsu. If he did, he would've won. Bad writing and Plot convenient just like here.

3: Commandments were clearly written out because if they were present, how exactly would the SDS win? I can settle for him "Possibly" having those abilities but to outright declare he doesn't because of an obvious CIS/PIS moment is headcanon as **** and you know it.

1) Spamming clones is one of Naruto's go-to moves. Not something done for the plot.

2) Technically he did after he was already dead with a pre-meditated Izanagi. No reason is given for why he didn't do it against Zetsu, but it is pretty easy to infer that he wasn't expecting the sudden backstab and had no time to think of using Izanagi.

3) It is just as much a head canon to say that the Demon King has full use of those abilities. Unless you have any statement from the actual series saying that the Demon King can use the abilities of the Commandments?

Just one question, has the king ever explicitly stated or shown to have the commandments himself? If he hasn't then the PIS argument will most likely not work.

Damage3245 said:
1) Spamming clones is one of Naruto's go-to moves. Not something done for the plot.
2) Technically he did after he was already dead with a pre-meditated Izanagi. No reason is given for why he didn't do it against Zetsu, but it is pretty easy to infer that he wasn't expecting the sudden backstab and had no time to think of using Izanagi.

3) It is just as much a head canon to say that the Demon King has full use of those abilities. Unless you have any statement from the actual series saying that the Demon King can use the abilities of the Commandments?
1: Maybe a bit over a dozen at a time. Not 2000 like he can easily do even without someone else' chakra.

2: Izanagi rewrites reality. He could've used it when he was being blown up by a balloon. But the plot demanded he didn't.

3: How about it being stated the Commandments are fragments of his power? Anyone who's actually followed the series would know that.

Andytrenom said:
Just one question, has the king ever explicitly stated or shown to have the commandments himself? If he hasn't then the PIS argument will most likely not work.
It's stated that they're fragments of his own power. If you actually follow the series you'd know that.

Commandments are part of his power, even Mael could use the Commandments to attack when he had four. I dont see why the DK cant. Its just PIS, like how Yhwach never used Zanka no Tachi or the Sternritters abilities.

Siegfried10 said:
Commandments are part of his power, even Mael could use the Commandments to attack when he had four. I dont see why the DK cant. Its just PIS, like how Yhwach never used Zanka no Tachi or the Sternritters abilities.
Or how Madara didn't use his Mangaehyou abilities.

Unless he explicitly possesses those abilities, instances of him not demonstrating them should be taken as evidence that he doesn't.

If there's any statement that cannot be interpreted in any other way than the king possessing the abilities, then calling the instances PIS would be justified.

Andytrenom said:
Unless he explicitly possesses those abilities, instances of him not demonstrating them should be taken as evidence that he doesn't.
If there's any statement that cannot be interpreted in any other way than the king possessing the abilities, then calling the instances PIS would be justified.
It was stated somewhere that the Ten Commandments were portions of his power.

But anyways, the fact that Mael, a goddess could use the Commandment abilities, you'd have to go through some extreme mental gymnastics to justify the DK not being able to use them.

We don't have to justify the Demon King *not* using them. There has to be proof that he can use them himself.

We have an explicit antifeat against him using him them passively.

Damage3245 said:
We don't have to justify the Demon King *not* using them. There has to be proof that he can use them himself.
We have an explicit antifeat against him using him them passively.
Anti-Feat is an oxymoron.

Are you seriously implying it makes sense that Mael can use Commandment powers, but the king of the Demon Clan can't? I don't see any point of further debate.

Anti-Feat is an actual term you know...

I'm saying we have evidence of Mael using the Commandments (because we saw him use them), and evidence against the Demon King using the Commandments (because they didn't activate when they should have if he was using them).

Damage3245 said:
Anti-Feat is an actual term you know...
I'm saying we have evidence of Mael using the Commandments (because we saw him use them), and evidence against the Demon King using the Commandments (because they didn't activate when they should have if he was using them).
Dude use your head. How in the actual **** does it make any sense to say a member of the Goddess clan can use fragments of the DK's own power but the DK himself cannot? Are you listening to yourself?

Versus; is there any statement that directly says that the Demon King can use, or has used, the abilities of the Commandments himself?

I'm not saying that this is definitely the case, but it is possible that when the Commentments are restored to him they only restore him to his original power level and don't grant him unique abilities.

Damage3245 said:
Versus; is there any statement that directly says that the Demon King can use, or has used, the abilities of the Commandments himself?
I'm not saying that this is definitely the case, but it is possible that when the Commentments are restored to him they only restore him to his original power level and don't grant him unique abilities.
It's implied when it is stated that the Ten Commandments are all fragments of the DK's power. If he created them, it would make sense for him to be able to use them.

I don't disagree that it makes sense, but at the same time it isn't a concrete fact and we have evidence against it.

If dk made and gave out the commandments this is kinda like yhwach with the sternritter powers

He obviously has them but he never used them

By all rights Yhwach shouldn't really have them either.

But if you want to put the Commandment abilities under a separate tab, that's a fine compromise.

Back