• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Delete the List of Accepted Calcs page?

You may have a point. Unless we start a major revision project to add all of the calculations currently used within our profiles, it is unlikely that this page will ever turn useful.

However, I will move this to the staff forum for more input.

Okay. You are technically free to add them yourself though.

You have a point, but I prefer more staff input first.

I'm rather neutral on this, but leaning towards agreeing with it being deleted. Personally, If were going to have a list of accepted calcs; I think they should probably all be on their respective verse pages. It would also be easier to find the calc that shows how strong; insert a whole bunch of characters here, is. But this page in particular just lists a whole bunch of verses and almost never gets updated. There's so many calcs that are outdated/debunked and not many actually approved calcs really get added.

Well yeah staff only thread although do have an opinion on the subject. Delete my post after reading although well if ya would let it allow me.

The list of all accepted calculations would honestly be quite useful. Would also prevent ysers having no idea what same profiles or characters or verses scale off. CtrlF (verse in character name or such) and ya would have fpund the calculation within qyestion.

https://www.outskirtsbattledomewiki...eral-obd-terms/160-comprehensive-energy-scale https://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com...neral-obd-terms/161-comprehensive-speed-scale Are examples of how yseful that could end up .

Well my opinion on would be that a list as the obd had compiled would prove quite yseful.

(Use the list often myself ). Although the current list does have a need of work and effort hence could wait or users from this point on could add evaluated calculations that had eventually or even recently got made or accepted.

DarkDragonMedeus' suggestion makes a lot sense, especially moving forward.

Putting the calcs on a verse's page (probably in the 'Power of the Verse' section) would make things much easier to research, understand and be more intuitive. I can't begin to tell you what it's like sometimes trying to find a relevant calculation for a character or group of characters, and end up looking at multiple profiles that just say someone's superior or inferior to someone else but won't give you a calc to see just how strong they are.

It would just help in keeping relevant information together, making it that much easier for someone unfamiliar with a verse to understand it better. I also believe that it would help in making things simpler for when a new calc gets introduced or an old calc gets debunked. You can just delete the link to the old calc or add the new one.

personally, a page with calculations for different tier would be quite nice and useful for new members who seeks to calculate feat but it would require work

I personally would not mind if people start inserting "accepted calculations" sections into the verse pages, but they would also have to be kept updated.

Accepted calcs should be applied in the first place, and not have us scouring around for it because the pages themselves are the focal point of this friggin site. Although I'm not sure how long it would take to put the calcs on their respective pages, or delete the outdated ones, if it serves to mislead then probably delete. But not before salvaging the legit ones.

Considering the accepted calcs on the specific verses are for those verses, it helps explain how powerful the verses and tiers are and all that. But a single page, dedicated to listing every single accepted calc for every single verse on the site, that's a lot of work editing a single page. Additionally, it makes it easier for those who are familiar Vs those aren't familiar with the respective verses to keep various calcs updated.

Alright. I will wait for some more staff replies, and if they agree, handle it later.

Well, I suppose that I will try to write a proper new verse page section then, along with deleting the page and removing the links to it.

You are correct. It is probably best if I wait until tomorrow.

On the topic of putting them on Verse pages, InFAMOUS also does this though that kingdom making feat is megavague and should probably eat a delet

Either we add all accepted calculations or we delete it as has been said above.

If we're going to add all accepted calculations then it's gonna take a ton of time.

Back