• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Delete the List of Accepted Calcs page?

Having an "accepted calculations" section within each Verse page would be easy to maintain. Each person who is knowledgeable about more recent revisions and upgrade/downgrade would be capable of looking for and linking them to the page.

From then on, it's incredibly basic to maintain. Just gotta update whenever a calculation is denied or later revised.

Hell, looking at the current page, I can tell its VERY ancient. The One Piece section still has the Whitebeard quakes that were denied over a year ago, even the Fujitora calculation that is out of perspective. With so much to change in that page, with over 60 verses currently present, it would seem more practical to remake it from scratch.

I am on board with applying edits to each Verse page.

The hard part is finding every accepted calculation for verses and putting them there, it's not very difficult but it'll take a long time.

No staff only, so I think I can comment. I think this page is very useful, so I say it should stay for our greater interest. If the complaint is that certain calculations aren't added... well, add them, don't get annoyed they aren't there and thus delete a useful page. I've looked at it several times and found it a very useful and informative profile.

EDIT: Having looked deeper into the thread, I like the idea of accepted calculations being put onto franchise profiles, so per that, but I still think the hub (i.e. the page in question) should remain.

So should I start to make these revisions, or wait for more replies first?

I suppose so, as long as they have been accepted.

I personally agree with it's deletion. I can't see the point of keeping it around when it is either going to be totally outdated or take forever to update. Linking the calcs to their respective pages is the only real choice here.

If I may input here, I'm opposed to its immediate deletion. I'd prefer the calcs that are relevant be moved to the relevant 'verses and whatnot.

Technically, it is outdated, but some of it is accurate, isn't it? In that respect, it arguably has benefits, but what immediate benefit is there to deleting the page?

I agree with deleting it, most of the calcs on that page are useless and outdated.

Linking the calcs to the verses page should be easier than updating a page that nobody uses.

Andytrenom said:
I have a question. What will we do if there isn't a verse page to put the calc into?
Just be sure to provide the link to the calc in the profiles which scale to the results.

Okay. Also not sure if this was suggested already but maybe instead of putting the calcs into the 'power of the verse' section there should be a 'calculations' sections specifically for listing the calcs.

EDIT:Looks like it was indeed suggested. @ CinCameron20 I agree with your idea.

Yes, we will create specific calculations sections.

Wait a bit. I have to delete the page and write a new verse page section first.

@Andy

Technically that should be called the "Powerscaling" section or any other similar name that might work but wouldn't be considered a calc if you don't name those 2 that as the name of the pages where the calcs is while also leaving a direct l....you get the point.

A less complicated way of saying this, for example (pay a close attention down below):

Powerscaling

Add the 2 examples you snapshotted here.

Calculations

(Name of the Calc page + direct link)

(Name of the Calc page + direct link)

And so on.

The powerscaling is generally listed on the character profiles themselves. It may be redundant to do so on the verse page as well.

I thought that if I mentioned who the calc scales to, then it would be easier for people to find the strength of the character they want. Since a lot of character profiles don't link directly to the calc they scale from.

@Litentic The powerscaling section actually could help when there's a situation that multiple characters are being scaled from one person and you can use that section as a quick reminder not to forget.

Fair enough. I mean, having such a section doesn't hurt. Though I think doing it the way Andytrenom has would be just as effective, and also minimize the space used.

Okay, I just saw the profile being deleted first hand, which.... was almost ironic that I wanted to check it one last time mere seconds before deletion... But regardless wouldn't it be wiser to use the page as a template, then transfer everything, using that page as a 'ticklist', and then deleting it? I think we're taking the order of operation a bit bizarrely here...

[RIP helpful page...]

@LuckyEmile

I think that there were quite a lot of outdated or discredited calculations in that list, but the administrators and content moderators can still access it.

I can temporarily restore the page if necessary though.

So... essentially the page was not only not having newer accepted calculations added, but also not being kept up to date with changes in opinion? Oh dear... I guess that's house cleaning issues for you. And in the interest in getting the operation done as quickly and cleanly as possible, I thought that copying them over to their respect verse profile, and then adding any missing calculation would work, but if recently discredited ones are also there, that would complicate things so.... well, we'll see. EDIT: Nonetheless, its function as a ticklist could have been useful still, but I suppose isn't essential.

Good luck to all who are working on adding the calculations to the verse profiles, and thank you for volunteering!

Back