• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATHBATTLE! Season 6! (CLOSED) Continue below:

EdgarDom said:
Really liked the season finale. The final result was obvious from the start of the match and the data given
Summarised 181217-TVD-truedesperation

Doubt but hope Ruby Rose vs Maka Albarn or Galactus vs Unicron will happen in Season 6. Verdict is not too difficult, but has been quite overdue.

And nope Bugs Bunny vs Mickey Mouse is not banned by Ben Singer. Sam Mitchell did raise concerns of facing potential prosecution.

@LightinAnt: I do agree Cloud got the short end of the stick big time in his fight, especially with Sephy's fight retroactively throwing a wrench in it, but Link hardly got his full arsenal. The fight had other issues regarding Cloud aside equipment.

@TitanCrusher: To be fair, Meta Knight would beat silly both Cloud and Link even if they fought at the same time >_> Unless they exploited some really specific scenarios (and even then they'd need prep time or knowledge of MK).

Absolutely loved the Season Finale. Every bit as over the top and spectacular as the battle between the big bads of DC and Marvel should be (and not gonna lie, was kinda rooting for Darkseid). Can't speak for research, as I said before, I know very little of comic books, buit... I am a bit skeptical that Thanos is that outmatched against base Darkseid avatars? I dunno, I could be wrong.

Haven't seen Infinity War, but movie Thanos has a pretty good voice. Now feel like watching it solely to see the actor's performance.

Briefly touching on why Darkseid's avatars stand any sort of chance as far as DB is concerned:

DB assumed that Darkseid never getting explicitly retconned by COIE means his avatars' Pre-Crisis feats are still canon, and also went by the IG's statements of being universal despite it allowing Thanos to fight against multiversal abstracts and also having statements of being superior to the Ultimate Nullifier. (Or at least I think it does. That's what it says on the IG's page, but I don't actually remember.)

They also didn't scale Thanos's speed to Immeasurable because the way they tier things doesn't really work that way. They almost never use higher-D statements, and even when they do, they don't bother going into how being higher-D puts you outside of any constraints of linear time.

Yeah.

Well to be more specific it was more so then followed the " IG doesn't work outside of its own universe" thing from Marvel vs DC and that eventually became canon so Darkseid used a boomtube to lure Thanos to his true self where he's powerless

Js250476 said:
Well to be more specific it was more so then followed the " IG doesn't work outside of its own universe" thing from Marvel vs DC and that eventually became canon so Darkseid used a boomtube to lure Thanos to his true self where he's powerless
The animators did that. But I personally would like to see Darkseid making boomstick tubes and making a multidimensional body slam (like when he tore off multiple universes just by falling. This shows more Darkseid feats and we know ultimately Thanos is forced out of Marvel universe because of that.

My Death Battle Season 6 wish list/predictions(?)
Aquaman vs Namor // Katara vs Juvia // Inkling vs De Blob / Squid Girl
Shantae vs Sash Lilac // Monika vs Miyuki Sone // battle with at least a character from one indie game or an "unheard" franchise
Captain Marvel vs Starfire (re A4) (2D / 3D?)
Alex Mercer vs Cole MacGrath (3D)
Ren Amamiya (Persona) vs Giorno Giovanna (JJBA) // Yu vs Josuke
Ruby Rose vs Maka Albarn (2D / 3D) or Galactus vs Unicron
All Might vs Might Guy // Rock Lee vs Sanji Vinsmoke // (any CDB turned DB with all new characters)
Lucy Heartfilia vs Rin Tohsaka / Ash Ketchum / Yuna (FF) / Boa Hancock
King K Rool vs Vector the Crocodile OR any battle with at least one SSBU character (including Wario, King DeDeDe, Simon Belmont, ...)
Sasuke Uchiha vs Hiei / Ichigo Kurosaki / Killua Zoldyck
Kool Aid Man vs Macho Man Randy Savage // Pepsi Man vs Coca Cola Polar Bear
Wonder Woman vs She-Ra // Snake Eyes vs Deathstroke // Guts vs Kratos // (another CDB turned DB or one DBX/OMM turned DB with at least one returning combatant)
Discord vs Bill Cipher (hand drawn)
Red Hood vs Winter Soldier (2D / 3D / live action)
Saitama vs Popeye the Sailor Man
2 out of Genos / Franky / Aigis (Persona) / War Machine / Chise (Saikano) / Cyborg (I have arranged the strength of characters in ascending order)
Galactus vs Unicron (3D) // Shulk vs Lightning
may have 16 or 17 battles on each season depending on their moods so expect not all will appear

Jasonsith said:
{| class="wikitable mw-collapsible mw-collapsed"
! My Death Battle Season 6 wish list/predictions(?) |- | Aquaman vs Namor // Katara vs Juvia |- | Shantae vs Sash Lilac // Monika vs Miyuki Sone // battle with at least a character from one indie game or an "unheard" franchise |- | Captain Marvel vs Starfire (re A4) (2D / 3D?) |- | Alex Mercer vs Cole MacGrath (3D) |- | Ren Amamiya (Persona) vs Giorno Giovanna (JJBA) // Yu vs Josuke |- | Ruby Rose vs Maka Albarn (2D / 3D) or Galactus vs Unicron |- | All Might vs Might Guy // Rock Lee vs Sanji Vinsmoke // (any CDB turned DB with all new characters) |- | Lucy Heartfilia vs Rin Tohsaka / Ash Ketchum / Yuna (FF) / Boa Hancock |- | King K Rool vs Vector the Crocodile OR any battle with at least one SSBU character (including Wario, King DeDeDe, Simon Belmont, ...) |- | Sasuke Uchiha vs Hiei / Ichigo Kurosaki / Killua Zoldyck |- | Kool Aid Man vs Macho Man Randy Savage // Pepsi Man vs Coca Cola Polar Bear |- | Wonder Woman vs She-Ra // Snake Eyes vs Deathstroke // Guts vs Kratos // (another CDB turned DB or one DBX/OMM turned DB with at least one returning combatant) |- | Discord vs Bill Cipher (hand drawn) |- | Red Hood vs Winter Soldier (2D / 3D / live action) |- | Saitama vs Popeye the Sailor Man |- | 2 out of Genos / Franky / Aigis (Persona) / War Machine / Chise (Saikano) / Cyborg (I have arranged the strength of characters in ascending order) |- | Galactus vs Unicron (3D) // Shulk vs Lightning |- | may have 16 or 17 battles on each season depending on their moods so expect not all will appear |}
An Omega Sparx rap for Unicron vs Galactus could be good for the soundtrack of the battle in your opinion?

MexicanJesus69 said:
I think True-Self Darkseid just exists to give DC more ridiculous power, it doesnt have anything interesting imo.
I mean, you could very honestly say the same about the Infinity Gauntlet.

Thanos literally assembled it because he wanted more ridiculous power, and when you really look at it, it doesn't add much of anything to Thanos' character.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
MexicanJesus69 said:
I think True-Self Darkseid just exists to give DC more ridiculous power, it doesnt have anything interesting imo.
I mean, you could very honestly say the same about the Infinity Gauntlet.
Thanos literally assembled it because he wanted more ridiculous power, and when you really look at it, it doesn't add much of anything to Thanos' character.
Never said it was different with the Infinity Gauntlet, besides you´re right, but at least the gauntlet is pretty iconic.

So yeah, once Death Battle Cast is released with this episode's questions answered, I'll post the summarized answers like I usually do. Also, I expect they'll say no HOTU because lol, not canon. How recently was that deemed not canon, anyway?

Even if HOTU is cannon, it's not a part of Thanos' usual inventory. They said each character only gets stuff that they usually have or specific items to their character.

What I'm wondering is how Street Fighter is going to fare in the next season.

The absolutely unholy losing streak they were suffering from finally ended with Ryu VS Jin. Maybe we'll see more wins in their favor now?

I don't have the highest hopes if they use Guile, since he doesn't have a whole lot of feats even if you include anime and comics. (And that's what they primarily base their results on) But Akuma could have a pretty solid chance at winning whichever matchups he's used in.

Regardless, at least the streak is over. You know it's bad when TV Tropes has your entire verse under "Memetic Loser" for how bad it's reputation has gotten.

Yeah, I'll say. You wouldn't even know how much they like the series if you judged from the amount of characters they sent to their deaths.

I mean, just putting it into perspective, their last win prior to Ryu VS Jin was back in 2011. That's almost seven years of taking nothing but straight Ls.

I bet SF fans were cheering their lungs to death once Ryu finally managed to get a win.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
In the DB it said that Thanos had the comsic cube, we wasn't that considerd at all.
They said the Cosmic Cube does not matter as that cube is not very powerful compared to the IG.

Sorry for the absense, guys. Holidays and work have eaten up a lot of my time. Anyway, because Cast is out, here are the questions asked and the answers provided, as usual:

Why wouldn't Thanos defeating the Avatars count as the win? That's the version of Darkseid everyone knows, not the screensaver thing. Because that's Darkseid's true form and the Avatars are essentially Darkseid's weapons.

Why have the Infinity Gauntlet if it was essentially pointless? If they were both at base, would the victor change? No, the result wouldn't change. Also, everyone knows Thanos for wielding the Infinity Gauntlet since he made it and has used it the most. Plus, if they hadn't included it, everyone would complain that they didn't include it.

Thanos can control time and reality, so why does the speed difference between the two matter? Because they analyze as many scenarios as they can (uh huh, sure) to find the average winner, so let's say the two power sets are cancelled out and it's just fisticuffs. Can't beat someone if you can't touch them.

Batman and Mr. Miracle have escaped the Omega Sanction before, so why can't Thanos? The animation is for entertainment purposes, what's in them ultimately doesn't matter. Batman was made into a living bomb, so he was supposed to escape, that was all according to Darksied's plan. Mr. Miracle's thing is vague, as it's implied that Metron put him into a fake version of it as a test. Grant Morrison is really vague. Also, Miracle is immune to the ALE because he has the Life Equation and he had a Mother Box that let him talk to Omega himself (who never appears again), and Mr. Miracle's power is being an escape artist. Point is, lots of special circumstances for Miracle.

Why didn't Thanos have Cube or HOTU and why didn't Darkseid have Soulfire? Cube has limited potential, HOTU and Soulfire are usually non-canon. Also, it seems that HOTU would have just let Thanos absorb True Darkseid and that technically isn't killing him. Also, absorbing him and bringing him back to reality would most likely destroy everything.

Why couldn't Thanos use the Infinity Gauntlet to make the Omega Effect not exist in the Marvel Universe? Doing that is a stalemate and it would need some prep time to let him to come up with that plan. Also, as IG is limited to only its his reality, it's not certain as to whether or not it could affect things from other realities, so it might not be possible for Thanos to read Darksied's mind since he's connected to a different multiverse. Assuming so is not smart.

Can't Thanos learn about Radion and make some because of how the IG works? Yes, but he'd still have to go to 4th World to actually kill Darkseid. Also, a LOT had to happen to Darkseid in order for that bullet to one-shot him (Orion ripping his heart out, falling through the universe, having his soul stolen, and Superman shattering his true form). (Personal note, they just described bits of Final Crisis. What were the writers smoking and what the **** are story vampires?)

If the Infinity Gauntlet only works in one universe, why would Thanos choose to leave? Darkseid can't force him to. Again, see statement about animation. Also, Darkseid is a master manipulator and Thanos is easy to manipulate if you're frustrating him.

Jimboydejuan12 said:
Galactus Vs Unicron?

Jesus Christ! Incoming Flame war Marvel Vs Transformer.

oh shit.
The Screwattack crew at the last DBC just try to take away the last hope from Marvel fans for a win against DC in any superhuman battle. Now it is possible Marvel vs Hasbro warfare (or even DC vs Hasbro).

Back