• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't really think some really get the point here
You're having Goku fight the same man that beat his ass

Not once but TWICE
And the response to Goku two Ls were ******* horrid

Now you're bringing instead of someone else new ya pit him against the same guy but this time composite meaning Goku is more due for a bigger L

Because not only Goku is given Xenoverse/Heroes Superman get his wacky shit too

Now the world will witness that even with Heros stuff Goku still couldn't beat Superman
Making this even more pointless

"But the animation and characterization will be good"

That means **** all here of course it'll be better than the ******* rematch and have a shot of being better than the original but at the end of it GOKU IS EATING SHIT AGAIN

I don't think anyone is taking into consideration what another aspect of GVS3 harbors.

The first fight was literally their finale of the first season and in a way, it gave the show the notoriety.

9 seasons later, it's coming back because it's their ten year anniversary so to them, they wanna go back to what bought them to the dance. Cause let's not kid ourselves, that match was THE MATCH everyone and their mother had debated about long before the show's inception.

This isn't to dissuade what everyone else is saying but keep in mind, Ben probably wants to rectify the second matchup very badly (though I also don't doubt that there was some corporate meddling) and wants to treat both characters respectfully.

Yeah that's my view.

This is being done for views, since otherwise it's a lose-lose situation. Superman wins through higher universal/dimensional scaling and gets another win or Goku win but everyone will treat it at a pity win for DB.

It'll be super popular no doubt, but it's going to be the saltest of salt mines.
This would be true if it wasn't for the fact that they've implied that this was something they wanted to do for a long time, as well as there explicit dissatisfaction of how GvS1 and GvS2 turned out. It's known to anyone that's been watching DB for all this time that Ben hates GvS2 an was always interested in revisiting it.

Not once but TWICE

Now you're bringing instead of someone else new ya pit him against the same guy but this time composite meaning Goku is more due for a bigger L

Now the world will witness that even with Heros stuff Goku still couldn't beat Superman

That means ** all here of course it'll be better than the ***** rematch and have a shot of being better than the original but at the end of it GOKU IS WAITING SHIT AGAIN
...sighs

They weren't lying that this was going to be their most controversial episode yet

Goku's probably gonna lose but this time I think they'll give him a respectful fight and Analysis.

Smh I just want research and arguments that lack wanked shit (Superman having no limits even tho he's literally an L magnet whenever someone stronger than him shows up in DC.) or without downplaying either side. (Iirc they had SS4 at multi continental in the first episode.)

Also as long as they have the animation be a fair fight rather than a one sided stomp I'll be happy with it, which admittedly DB does a good job at avoiding those type of animations nowadays even if it is a real stomp.

as long as the music is like. hopefully peak asf idc if goku loses.

but if the ost is ass and goku loses then im rioting.

Honestly given how amazing Billcord was and how much respect they managed to give both characters, especially Discord and how amazing the fight was can we see this GvS will be better than the previous 2.
You talks about respect when one downside of Bill Cipher vs Discord is on how... controversial the verdict is.

The fight does project both combatants in-character though tbh.

A good fight properly portraying Goku and Superman is all I can hope ngl - though this can be said for other Goku and Superman matchups.

Not once but TWICE

That means ** all here of course it'll be better than the ***** rematch and have a shot of being better than the original but at the end of it GOKU IS EATING SHIT AGAIN
Tipper-san let himself out.

This means something.

Ignoring the whole GvS thing, damn it really has been a decade. It feels like time has flown by so fast. Crazy.
Bro Samus vs Bobba Fett, which was the first episode of Death Battle, came out on December 7th 2010. That means that three days after GvS3 hits, Death Battle's officially turning THIRTEEN on December 7th 2023. I got to them mad props, it's genuinely impressive that Death Battle's remained successful and relevant on the internet landscape after thirteen years of simply asking and trying to figure out who wins a no holds barred fight to the death.

But wait, if this year is their thirteenth anniversary and Goku vs Superman isn't the finale of Season 10 then what could Death Battle possibly try to pull off that goes above Goku vs Superman as a finale?

You can't give respect to a character when he stands no chance of winning and has lost to the same guy three times, and in one of those times you horribly misinterpret his character.

Goku gets god stomped, like what respect can you show that isn't just pity because they knew they fed Goku to capeshit.

Like genuine question? What respect can you show him after making him lose three times in a row?

You can't give respect to a character when he stands no chance of winning and has lost to the same guy three times, and in one of those times you horribly misinterpret his character.

Goku gets god stomped, like what respect can you show that isn't just pity because they knew they fed Goku to capeshit.

Like genuine question? What respect can you show him after making him lose three times in a row?
Idk.

Would drinking tea help all the stress?

Nothing.

Goku will forever be the 0-3 guy who lost three times to the same character.

We have a name for this.... oh yea, spite.

Some die hard Death Battle fans ("yes people" you may call) would say you can still give respect just by giving proper rating and a nice fight like what Guts vs Dimitri and Bill Cipher vs Discord did.

Still... What is reserved for the Season 10 finale if this is not.

Or Death Battle is cut short and a new vs debate series is replacing Death Battle. Which means Wiz vs Boomstick is coming early.

I don't know if this has been posted yet here on the thread, but someone posted a tweet showing a WIP animation of Springtrap vs Dio (I think it was Tipper).

Well the full animation is now out on Youtube, and I figured I'd shared this in case anyone wanted to see it to get their minds off of the next episode of Death Battle.

oh yeah that guy.
cool ass animations.

Back