• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be entirely honest, GVS is a spite matchup (main canon vs main canon, composite vs composite) given how long it has been established Goku is way weaker and less haxxed.

However, I would actually want DBE Goku (Justin Chatwin Goku) vs Lois & Clark Superman (Dean Cain).This will be arguably the Goku vs Superman where Goku may actually win. Unless something bonkers happened even in Lois and Clark.
I like something like End of Dagon ball (pre raditz) Goku (can be use anime or not) vs Smallville Superman, it would be better.

They're just memes tho
There's actually a few wholesome scans on the Superman side of things, which I greatly like to see the man in Superman. One of the reasons why he's one of my all time favorite fictional characters, and that won't change no matter what.

Still I guess the only thing that can be done is just do our normal routines for a few weeks and hope that, at the very least, GvS3 has some top notch animation and moments despite being a stomp. Stomps can be fun if done right, and I think after 10 years there should be enough for DB to go all out

Also I just want to say that these comments mentioning that limits vs limitless thing from GvS2 is pretty absurd since it's been eight whole years since GvS2 came out and DB clearly has changed their views when it comes to scaling. If you think that they still believe in the whole limitless thing when the team has expressed their dislike for the episode and how it was handled, then I don't know what to tell you.

Like I'm not defending GvS3, I too understand that it's a MU no one wanted when Goku and Superman have better options, but don't base it off of opinions that are deemed outdated today and were only relevant close to a decade ago

In fairness, it's a matchup that makes sense given what this season is trying to accomplish

Mainstream notoriety, and an audience outside of us. I mean, how many people watched Billcord or CourageScoob that otherwise would not have even known what DB is? From a marketing standpoint, it's brilliant, and it makes sure the entire Goddamn Internet knows what the finale is going to be, too.

From a vs-debating standpoint, however...

So basically my tinfoil is “rent due”.

Also I just want to say that these comments mentioning that limits vs limitless thing from GvS2 is pretty absurd since it's been eight whole years since GvS2 came out and DB clearly has changed their views when it comes to scaling. If you think that they still believe in the whole limitless thing when the team has expressed their dislike for the episode and how it was handled, then I don't know what to tell you.

Like I'm not defending GvS3, I too understand that it's a MU no one wanted when Goku and Superman have better options, but don't base it off of opinions that are deemed outdated today and were only relevant close to a decade ago
If all we had was GVS2, you'd be right. But a lot of the negativity around this match has been due not only to that but how they've handled other MU's scaling. With how they've looked at it; DC>>> Archie >> DB. So a lot of people, myself included, feel like we already know the ending even if they throw out the previous MU from eight years ago.

Superman comes back for the 3-0 and a few hour later we get the casting announcement of live action Lex Luthor. Superbros, we can't stop winning.
NoLimitsMan is just built different.
6212387-6478992317-latest

So I decided to check the profiles of Heroes Goku and the incarnations of Superman, apparently based on the vsbw profiles composite Goku's winning?
Yea no, according to DB, regular Reverse Flash would defeat Heroes Goku Black. And via DB standards, they treat:

DC Cosmology > Archie Cosmology > Xenoverse Cosmology

This is just them being generous to Goku

If all we had was GVS2, you'd be right. But a lot of the negativity around this match has been due not only to that but how they've handled other MU's scaling. With how they've looked at it; DC>>> Archie >> DB. So a lot of people, myself included, feel like we already know the ending even if they throw out the previous MU from eight years ago.
Yup, and the vast majority of the audience can sniff out the bullshit. Thus the negative reaction to the preview.

Which I don't deny, the scaling has been established and we know what's going to happen, but I feel like bringing up old wounds which the DB team does not agree with anymore is honestly irrelevant in my eyes. I think it's more logical just to say Superman's scaling makes him shit stomp Goku and leave it at that, not bringing up arguments that the team has publicly disowned and view as outdated.

Again I'm not saying that it can't be criticized, I just feel like it adds nothing to the argument when bringing up things which no one agrees with anymore.

Yea no, according to DB, regular Reverse Flash would defeat Heroes Goku Black. And via DB standards, they treat:

DC Cosmology > Archie Cosmology > Xenoverse Cosmology

This is just them being generous to Goku
Tbf this was before they considered the possibility of infinite/immeasurable speed Heroes and IIRC frontiers is still just essentially composite clark; earth 1, post flashpoint, pre-crisis an is just a fancier way of DB doing what they have been doing with most characters.

in all seriously we should really be treating this episode as in a vaccum, we don't know what sort of scaling they'll use, enough time has passed, also don't seem to recall them saying DC's is bigger than Archie(yes I know Wally beat Archie, for the reasons said unrelated to that in that episode). If there treating this like an entirely fresh slate to my experience Clark doesn't fully scale to the pinnacles of DC or the speedsters.

This is all devil's advocate mind you as we shouldn't just expect "supes is above everyone so he wins"

I think it's more logical just to say Superman's scaling makes him shit stomp Goku and leave it at that, not bringing up arguments that the team has publicly disowned and view as outdated
I mean the scaling itself is pretty recent. And considering they've been using this same type of scaling for DC heralds and DB guys for the past 2 years, it's hard to believe they'll just suddenly turn around.

Death Battle will get what they want. Money and views. Doesn't mean it isn't a low move. It's a good business decision because of it appealing to the casual audience, but I get the feeling even casual audience kinda knows what's up.
Take from core vs debaters: we doubt if this could get money and clicks.

Kind of disappointed they didn't include this one in Goku's section

Blame Hollywood, blame California and blame the Dems.

That would imply there would be sides here. There are no sides. There is Superman winning the Death Battle, nothing more.

Deathbattle treats this like a spite match. A spite match we've already seen two times. We already know how they're going to handle these characters and the inevitable outcome.

Repeating a boring MU spite match for the third time is insane. And shouldn't be compared to two fresh new faces like Saitama vs Popeye with arguments in each corner.
Yeah, buuuut, it's been almost over a decade since the last real match between the two. Obviously writing and animation have increased since then, so it can still be great even if it has been done to death.

Devil's advocate here, but Death Battle has gone back on previous cosmology. Whose to say they haven't suddenly decided that DC is indeed capped at 1-C...

Yeah right.

in all seriously we should really be treating this episode as in a vaccum, we don't know what sort of scaling they'll use, enough time has passed, also don't seem to recall them saying DC's is bigger than Archie(yes I know Wally beat Archie, for the reasons said unrelated to that in that episode). If there treating this like an entirely fresh slate to my experience Clark doesn't fully scale to the pinnacles of DC or the speedsters.
It's really impossible to treat the episode in a vacuum. Pheonix vs Raven exists in the same exact season. And they actively pull stats/cosmology/etc. from previous episodes.

Fact of the matter is they've already put Superman at full DC cosmology. Goku might as well be fighting the Overmonitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back