• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wzb3qv.jpg
This really.

Knowing DB discord they are probably stamping down on opposing/doom posts, so I'm guessing there will be a lot of cope
This meaning Death Battle crew knew by themselves this matchup is stirring up bad emotions - for a reason they somehow may not have thought of (or they have but screw it they do whatever the xxxx they want.

"Man I can't wait Goku to be put in another spite match against the same guy twice while ignoring all his other MUs."

Deathbattle really has no self awareness.
This is even worse when Goku vs Mori Jin and Goku vs Pegasus Seiya and Superman vs Optimus Prime are right in front of them.

This can be great even if it's one sided if it focuses on the character of the two while they fight. Even stomps become fun like that, such as in Saitama vs Popeye.

That would imply there would be sides here. There are no sides. There is Superman winning the Death Battle, nothing more.

Deathbattle treats this like a spite match. A spite match we've already seen two times. We already know how they're going to handle these characters and the inevitable outcome.

Repeating a boring MU spite match for the third time is insane. And shouldn't be compared to two fresh new faces like Saitama vs Popeye with arguments in each corner.

Considering that in death battle "U7 is 13 times bigger than the observable universe", and that even DBH is not given immeasurable speed, I don't see how goku can win this.
Unless they update db's stats.
They've given the macrocosm a huge buff because of heaven afterlife scaling. And they do give Heros immeasurable speed. But it won't make a difference.

That would imply there would be sides here. There is no sides. There is Superman winning the Death Battle, nothing more.

Deathbattle treats this like a spite match. A spite match we've already seen two times. We already know how they're going to handle these characters.

Repeating a boring MU spite match for the third time is insane.
Too be fair, I don't think GVS is a "spite match" more like a very popular match that happens to be one-sided.

You know I've given this a little more thought to it and, while I still think that GvS3 was something they wanted to do for awhile, I think there is a tinge of executive meddling to this match up. Like I highly doubt that Death Battle looked at all of Goku's MUs and Superman's MUs and thought that Goku vs Superman is still their best MU, especially when they know the reception that surrounds the last two bouts and also know that Goku and Superman have characters that are much closer to them in power and stuff. Instead, I like to believe that a higher up saw that people were interested in seeing Goku and Superman in Death Battle and told the DB team that they had to do a third Goku vs Superman episode.

It's probably just me consuming concerning amounts of cope but I just can't see them willingly ignoring Superman and Goku's other MUs when they've spoken positively about the other shit those two have, there's definitely more layers to this then I think they're able to tell us

NGl. They better update goku with his immeasurable speed + infinite (hyper)timelines for him to be able to beat supes. but due to how they played dbh trunks. shit.

Actually speaking of blogs, did they/will they be releasing blogs for Goku and Superman respectively? They usually do that after the next MU has been announced, and it's posted here, but nothing has been posted so I'm curious if they're not going to do that this time.

It doesn't matter if Superman's going to win or not, I just want to see what media the research team is going to use for both characters and if there's media they're going to exclude from the fight

Actually speaking of blogs, did they/will they be releasing blogs for Goku and Superman respectively? They usually do that after the next MU has been announced, and it's posted here, but nothing has been posted so I'm curious if they're not going to do that this time.

It doesn't matter if Superman's going to win or not, I just want to see what media the research team is going to use for both characters and if there's media they're going to exclude from the fight

They have

They used dimension scaling in Xeno Trunks vs Archie Silver. And Superman will get every ability he's ever had.
extra dimensions. which does NOT mean higher mathematical dimensions.
Silver's power was strong because he was considered to have MULTIPLE infinite timelines. they never said anything about 5d or whatever.

They're just memes tho

That would imply there would be sides here. There are no sides. There is Superman winning the Death Battle, nothing more.

Deathbattle treats this like a spite match. A spite match we've already seen two times. We already know how they're going to handle these characters and the inevitable outcome.

Repeating a boring MU spite match for the third time is insane. And shouldn't be compared to two fresh new faces like Saitama vs Popeye with arguments in each corner.
Too be fair, I don't think GVS is a "spite match" more like a very popular match that happens to be one-sided.
To be entirely honest, GVS is a spite matchup (main canon vs main canon, composite vs composite) given how long it has been established Goku is way weaker and less haxxed.

However, I would actually want DBE Goku (Justin Chatwin Goku) vs Lois & Clark Superman (Dean Cain).This will be arguably the Goku vs Superman where Goku may actually win. Unless something bonkers happened even in Lois and Clark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back