• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_6512.jpg

I mean if there is one hope that I have when it comes to GvS3, it's that battle's OST is an absolute banger to listen to and potentially surpasses stuff like Ikari and Princes of Pride.

Also some of y'all here need to chill with the limitless Superman shit. That belief is 8 years old by this point and, given how much Ben dislikes GvS2 and classifies it his least favorite episode, I immensely doubt that DB will use the limits vs limitless thing like they did in 2015. They'll probably say that Superman's way stronger, faster, tougher, and more versatile but I feel confident that they won't utter anything about limits vs limitless.

Goku vs Superman 3
I'd rather have Superman beat Optimus Prime than see Goku get his third L against the same MF 😭
Okay.

I remember someone sticking a pic saying someone calling us to calm down for the next episode.
I believe the storm does not come from how toxic Dragon Ball fans are.
The storm comes from why Death Battle wants to beat the dead horse rather than letting Son Goku and Superman fight someone new.

So this makes it seem like Goku vs Superman 3 was something that they wanted to do for a long time, especially if they dissatisfied with the first and second fights. Still, I got to give them some props for acknowledging the faults of GvS 1 and 2 and why both episodes don't hold up by modern day standards so it gives me hope they'll respect Goku's character.

Though I wonder if the reception that GvS3 has gotten would've been less severe if DB had made a poll asking fans if they would've been interested in seeing a third Goku vs Superman or not. It would've at least told them if they should do it or not based on feedback

I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't really mind them doing GVS 3. It's been a while since they last covered them both and I'm interested in seeing a modern run down of both charterers. I do kind of wish I was the season finally so it could have a bigger budget.
The problem with GvS3 is there's nothing to debate.

Deathbattle will have Superman win. No one is under the illusion that something is going to change.

Even the most die hard Dragonball fans who believe Goku beats Superman in a vs debate, doesn't think Goku is winning the death battle.

So were stuck of two weeks waiting for then to beat this dead horse and serve Goku a 0-3 to the same character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back