• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're on the subject of FIre Emblem MUs - here's my curveball for the evening:

Lcirufe_vs_Petra.png

L'cirufe (Xenoblade X) vs Petra Macneary (FE3H)

Connections are more or less 'jungle dwellers of foreign lands who despite being quick studies of other nations, still manage to misinterpret the language of new allies'. I wanted an MU that speaks more for itself, and here we are.

What Kirb said.

Yall are so ***** detached from reality that a mainline Nintendo franchise that has sold millions of copies and is something I see talked about constantly is considered """obscure"""", and yet I log in here every day and see yall promoting shit that's infinitely more obscure. If yall want your favorite anime or light novel or whatever to even have a shot at making it on DB, maybe don't bitch and whine whenever a decently series that isn't straight up billion dollar blockbuster material is picked.
It's fine to prefer Clare vs Guts/Not like Guts vs Dimitri, or not even have heard of Dimitri up until this point, but some of the stuff y'all are saying is, to be blunt, dishonest af.

It's literally the 18th best selling franchise out of the 30 that have sold a million copies. Fire Emblem Heroes is also, by far, Nintendo's most successful mobile game, with millions of installs, and making over 1 billion in revenue. (Outside of Pokemon GO, but that's a different case)

"it would've died without Smash" is also a moot point, since Awakening is what saved the franchise, since it sold a million copies over a year before the trailer for Robin/Lucina even came out.

It's the best selling game in the franchise, outselling every Xenoblade, Metroid, Bayonetta, and Pikmin Game (Might change with Pikmin 4), despite being a niche af genre. Three Houses also won Strategy Game of the year in the Game Awards 2019.

Also, Byleth has one of most liked, and simultaneously disliked Smash Trailers

Also, Google Trends for FE3H vs Claymore

"Is this some kind of twisted joke" , "Kill every last one of them", "Please do not eat the weeds", are some of the biggest memes in the series, all of which involve Dimitri.

Dimitri was voted 4th most popular Nintendo character in Japan in 2020, placing above the likes of Pikachu, Yoshi, Zelda, and Luigi.

He's the 3rd most voted character in the history of Choose Your Legends, a popularity poll that takes place annually for Fire Emblem characters. Anyone who's even remotely familiar with Fire Emblem probably, most definitely has heard about Dimitri.

It honestly seems like y'all are speaking from your own perspective, and assuming that's what everyone else thinks. In which case, tone down your ego.
FE3H sold millions of copies, has been talked about constantly for like ***** years all online everywhere (its literally a meme that 3H discourse is completely inescapable) and Dimitri is one of the three main characters of the game lol. He's absolutely nowhere near who territory. Maybe not absolutely mainstream but we really need to re-evaluate what the ***** a who even is.

And if someone tries to tell me Guts is a ***** who I don't know how people expect to get anything besides the most mainstream of franchises. Have fun with nothing but DC/Marvel and mainstream anime lol.

Dimitri is a main character from the million seller best selling entry of a major Nintendo series. Bro is literally on the boxart and the entire point of the game is choosing a faction to side with, and Dimitri is the major leader of one of those factions. He appears in the Smash Bros stage. There is no timeline in which he is a "who".

God the shit ya'll consider whos is embarrassing lol. We're never getting any franchise that's even slightly obscure at this rate lmfao.

It should've been Clare smh

I hate that matchup so freaking much 😭

What's next? Raiden vs Wartortle? Link vs Quilava? Nathan Drake vs Marshtomp?
Awakening Anna vs PMD Kecleon.

Awakening Anna instead of Heroes Anna because we will have a trickster merchant battle instead of a commander and a god against a mortal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back