• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Calibur General Discussion Thread

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
A discussion thread about the Soul Calibur franchise.

soul-calibur-1423x2000-video-games-soul-calibur-hd-art-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm... judging by the scaling of the new timeline he'll likely indeed be in High 6-C range also looking at the new timeline the new SC6 characters are pretty decently haxxed while the pre-existing cast got a mixed bag (some still got a few nice weapon abilities even with the AP nerf while others essentially next to nothing, albeit they could be missing other P&A due the SC page's being dated and somewhat incomplete).

"I saw RandomGuy's comment on your thread, and I do think he has a point, given that we give the new timeline Seong Mi-na a High 6-C (without the +) for fighting, but losing to Ivy.

These were the justifications given for Seong Mi-na being High 6-C. During the Old Timeline, she trains considerably after her defeat against Ivy under Kong and Edge Master, so that's why she got a "Possibly High 6-A" for her Old Timeline key.

Since Yun-Seong isn't present in the New Timeline (he gets mentioned a few times, but isn't a playable character), I was thinking of maybe changing his profile to this:

"At least High 6-C, possibly High 6-A (Comparable to Seong Mi-na)".

Hmmm... judging by the scaling of the new timeline he'll likely indeed be in High 6-C range also looking at the new timeline the new SC6 characters are pretty decently haxxed while the pre-existing cast got a mixed bag (some still got a few nice weapon abilities even with the AP nerf while others essentially next to nothing, albeit they could be missing other P&A due the SC page's being dated and somewhat incomplete).
I quite literally only have Soul Calibur 2 lol, so I can't really help here.

"I saw RandomGuy's comment on your thread, and I do think he has a point, given that we give the new timeline Seong Mi-na a High 6-C (without the +) for fighting, but losing to Ivy.

These were the justifications given for Seong Mi-na being High 6-C. During the Old Timeline, she trains considerably after her defeat against Ivy under Kong and Edge Master, so that's why she got a "Possibly High 6-A" for her Old Timeline key.

Since Yun-Seong isn't present in the New Timeline (he gets mentioned a few times, but isn't a playable character), I was thinking of maybe changing his profile to this:

Don't know if this'd get accepted or not if I were to make a CRT, but you never know.

Though I am curious as to what hax in specific are you referring to.

Makes sense, also I just realized Edge Master is essentially a pseudo-composite SC character and is essentially a better Charade lol!
I quite literally only have Soul Calibur 2 lol, so I can't really help here.
Nah... outside SC2 (best game) and SC4 (Algol's throne crush ftw) my knowledge of SC is pretty limited (outside YT playthroughs). Poor Raphael he regained his humanity in the new timeline but lost pretty much all his powers.
Don't know if this'd get accepted or not if I were to make a CRT, but you never know.
You might as well, unfortunately @Dragonmasterxyz (one of the most hardworking staff members and large contributor to the wiki including SC) is no longer active and has long since retired however you could contact either @DarkDragonMedeus or @SamanPatou to evaluate your future CRT (they're somewhat preoccupied with other verses, so I can't guarantee a response tho).

So apparently Yun-Seong copied his idols' (Hwang Seong-gyeong iirc) fighting style, which seems like a pretty good skill feat if you ask me.

I say limited cuz its not like he will copy powers and such like shang tsung for example does
Not being able to copy powers doesn't warrant limited.

Copying entire fighting styles is just flat out Power Mimicry. It's just done in a different way compared to the norm.

A suggestion, its worth looking up games or any media of the series, which fandom for it or general people may think its non canon to see if it is as they claim

Cuz most of the time there isnt any concrete reason as to why it wouldnt be considered part of the series, even in some capacity

I guarantee Soul Calibur has more feats/scaling in those that could further improve and add up to its canon

I guarantee Soul Calibur has more feats/scaling in those that could further improve and add up to its canon
Main problem is that I believe @SamanPatou stated that High 6-A is the bare minimum for the original timeline for the verse in terms of its AP.

The scaling for the current OG Timeline is this:

Top Tiers: 29.6 Exatons (Baseline 5-C)

High Tiers: 14.8 Exatons (Half 5-C)

Mid Tiers: <14.8 Exatons

Low Tiers: Unknown (Though you can argue that the Low Tiers just downscale significantly from 14.8 Exatons, which is what I did for both Yun-Seong and Seong Mi-na).

I feel like there's gotta be something we can do to get rid of the "Unknown" for Low Tiers. It annoys me seeing every other tier but them having an actual AP value.

Imma be honest, downscaling characters from a feat of a top tier basically is plain dumb, imagine if you do that to other verses of its genre, let alone in general, especially when they prolly dont have much to support that rating as straight up one

Downscaling works only if they are not far from them in power and even so you cant downscale from others, whoever came up with the idea for it back then was incapable to find a reasonable verse scaling

The verse has other feats right? Let alone, characters like Nightmare and Siegfriend, as well as Abyss, should in no way be used for downscale like that, especially in points were they are more powerful then others or different league

Imma be honest, downscaling characters from a feat of a top tier basically is plain dumb, imagine if you do that to other verses of its genre, let alone in general, especially when they prolly dont have much to support that rating as straight up one

Downscaling works only if they are not far from them in power and even so you cant downscale from others, whoever came up with the idea for it back then was incapable to find a reasonable verse scaling

The verse has other feats right? Let alone, characters like Nightmare and Siegfriend, as well as Abyss, should in no way be used for downscale like that, especially in points were they are more powerful then others or different league
Here's where the scaling comes from.

Where its stated Nightmare and Siegfried beat Abyss together, why characters stated to beat Nightmare with help from another should scale off of the one who beat Abyss with Siegfried, why we assume soul edge level of completion should be a /2 or x2 gap

All these feats listed there yet we all just going to downscale from a top tier feat, imagine downscaling street fighter characters from akuma or hado users or mortal kombat from shao kahn or raiden, it doesnt work

Also the OP of that thread i have seen how he scales other fighting games, its horrible, i wouldnt put my trust in his way of handling a scaling at all

Where its stated Nightmare and Siegfried beat Abyss together, why characters stated to beat Nightmare with help from another should scale off of the one who beat Abyss with Siegfried, why we assume soul edge level of completion should be a /2 or x2 gap

All these feats listed there yet we all just going to downscale from a top tier feat, imagine downscaling street fighter characters from akuma or hado users or mortal kombat from shao kahn or raiden, it doesnt work

Also the OP of that thread i have seen how he scales other fighting games, its horrible, i wouldnt put my trust in his way of handling a scaling at all
What is your suggestion, then?

Imo, scale characters to the other feats of a weaker Nightmare, if they for real faced him, cuz i doubt they did against the one claimed to have fought abyss which again, where is source of such existing look up for any other potential feats or scaling to get better justifications, find sources or anything that indicates characters fight certain ones

Also looking up bios, endings, prologues and so on at for any worth while bit of info

Well was thinking about smth with the series, think Nightmare should probably have Inorganic Phys, at least in 5-C. Iirc he's just a suit of armour animated by the will of soul edge right?

Well was thinking about smth with the series, think Nightmare should probably have Inorganic Phys, at least in 5-C. Iirc he's just a suit of armour animated by the will of soul edge right?
Maybe? Not too knowledgeable on Nightmare?

Another thing that irks me about this verse is how basically everyone has Class 1 LS.

Back