• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone noticing that Season 10 is underperforming compared to Seasons 8 & 9, or is it just me? I am legitimately distraught that Killusaka is flopping and Chosenborn didn’t get at least 2.5-3 million views in the first month.
Season 8 first 4 eps

Season 9 first 4 eps

Thorgeta is only less than a day old here (archive doesn't have anything else until after Omnilander hit) but I'm pretty sure Thorgeta was doing better than Stitch vs Rocket at this point

anyways the crew and fans blame the hiatus, but maybe, just maybe, the MUs themselves aren't that engaging?

i wonder if the bigger than normal gap between seasons is why the views seem more muted?
I'm almost certain it's related to that. Non-stellar advertising is also at blame here, but I'd argue it could possibly be fatigue too. We're not a very big corner of the internet, and even among the nerds, versus debaters are pretty nerdy.

We do math for ****'s sake, that doesn't usually bring a lot of people in.

Season 8 first 4 eps

Season 9 first 4 eps

Thorgeta is only less than a day old here (archive doesn't have anything else until after Omnilander hit) but I'm pretty sure Thorgeta was doing better than Stitch vs Rocket at this point

anyways the crew and fans blame the hiatus, but maybe, just maybe, the MUs themselves aren't that engaging?
I'm almost certain it's related to that. Non-stellar advertising is also at blame here, but I'd argue it could possibly be fatigue too. We're not a very big corner of the internet, and even among the nerds, versus debaters are pretty nerdy.

Pretty much
Death Battle sucks at advertising shit we didn't get anything until May we should've done some teasers and hype to the season to the audience

Plus there isn't that many Big Mainstream MU like before

Copying paste from Nem

"You know it might also be because it's been 3 years since the last relevant thing happened with Railgun and its anime and Hunter x Hunter has been on hiatus all the time so neither is particularly relevant right now despite their status as the biggest light novel ever and an anime that's gassed up as one of the greatest ever."

Meanwhile with the other four episodes that are out they can ride on Quantumania, GotG Vol. 3, and Elden Ring bringing Soulsbourne back into the view and Skyrim never being irrelevant because it's Skyrim."

Copying paste from Nem

"You know it might also be because it's been 3 years since the last relevant thing happened with Railgun and its anime and Hunter x Hunter has been on hiatus all the time so neither is particularly relevant right now despite their status as the biggest light novel ever and an anime that's gassed up as one of the greatest ever."

Meanwhile with the other four episodes that are out they can ride on Quantumania, GotG Vol. 3, and Elden Ring bringing Soulsbourne back into the view and Skyrim never being irrelevant because it's Skyrim."
Like i said it before too, toaru and HxH had nothing going for them lately, other franchises at least have something out these days to talk about

Besides KilluaMisaka, S10 eps havent even done that bad in views.

Even then, most seasons have floppers. S6 WeissMitsuru, S7 BarbGwen and S8 had few with BlakeMikasa, MMKAM & KorraStorm. DB is doing fine, they just did a match with niche verses that wasnt even that requested. StitchRocket is at 991k.
we'll worry about that half way through the season

I imagine they had Dbx and other media as a method to stay "active" but of course... this season that didn't happen so that may also be a culprit...

And i understand that.. i mean if you compare the current season mu with season 9 you will notice that they are Mu that have the popularity factor. (Demon Slayer the anime that literally everyone is watching next to jojos, dragon ball will always have popularity and Thor is a very popular Marvel hero).

Anyway, you have to remember that YouTube doesn't tend to recommend long videos much compared to short videos, so it may also be a factor that we are just now seeing their effects.

7ru9z1.png

If Liu Kang was to be this season, will they do mortal Liu Kang or God Liu Kang? Considering that Godhood requires outside help and it only became standard in MK1 and they wouldn't have time to research what other abilities he has in God form. Is it even possible to postpone an entire episode to the next season?

If Liu Kang was to be this season, will they do mortal Liu Kang or God Liu Kang? Considering that Godhood requires outside help and it only became standard in MK1 and they wouldn't have time to research what other abilities he has in God form. Is it even possible to postpone an entire episode to the next season?
Fire God easily its the hottest new shit we had enough feats for Liu given he beat the Revenants,Cetrion,Kronika and Amped Shang Tsung with the Crown

they didn't expect MK1 to come out this year so its whatever its too late given production and the line up was done already

Fire God easily its the hottest new shit we had enough feats for Liu given he beat the Revenants,Cetrion,Kronika and Amped Shang Tsung with the Crown

they didn't expect MK1 to come out this year so its whatever its too late given production and the line up was done already
Tbf, MK1 will clearly have DLC later, its not like after september its over

I got nothing against Princess Leia in Death Battle but like, does Leia have any notable MUs which are worth making an entire episode over? If it's a female vs female MU then that's sure to disappoint view wise just like Jinx vs Harley and Zatanna vs Wanda.
sure but no idea who could be her opponent
All i can think of is Sally Acorn and that one pink transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back