• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.png
image.png

Probs cause he’s the leader? Idfk
Apparently Scott went through a spiral after that whole incident when he was the host of the Phoenix Force. Which is a real shame because I quite Scott, and seeing Marvel on him and Spider-Man is quite frustrating as neither of them deserve to have their character's quality downgraded and treated like trash that can be exploited at any moment

Apparently Scott went through a spiral after that whole incident when he was the host of the Phoenix Force. Which is a real shame because I quite Scott, and seeing Marvel on him and Spider-Man is quite frustrating as neither of them deserve to have their character's quality downgraded and treated like trash that can be exploited at any moment
Well that shit got settled and he and Wolverine are cool again with each other

That's something Marvel seems to be adamant on maintaining. I mean I'm not the biggest X-Men fan or reader out there, but from what I last remembered Scott is usually painted in a negative light or is an asshole for the last couple years of comics.
That's because Disney run Marvel was ass mad that they didn't own the rights to the X-Men films so they spend their time screwing over the X-Men as much as possible and since Scott is conventionally not as popular with fans since he's the stoic leader type Marvel was able to perform high degrees of character assassination as much as they liked.

That's because Disney run Marvel was ass mad that they didn't own the rights to the X-Men films so they spend their time screwing over the X-Men as much as possible and since Scott is conventionally not as popular with fans since he's the stoic leader type Marvel was able to perform high degrees of character assassination as much as they liked.
This was going on when Disney started running Marvel? IDK why Tots, but this information explains so much about the state of Marvel comics in such a short amount of time. DC hasn't been any better lately, but I still prefer them over to Marvel in terms of comics

MJ comes to term with the heartbreaking tragedy that occurred to her family
...Ma'am your children were imaginary and you cucked your long-term boyfriend for a random dude you met in another universe after you specifically sent him away so he could save you. You aint the one going through a heartbreaking tragedy.

The other spider-man media isnt running out of ideas to he point that theyre just spittballing ways to make Peter suffer for no reason
It makes me appreciate Across the Spider Verse's theme of Spiderman not needing to suffer to be a great character because I like to imagine that this was the writers' jab at the current state of Spider-Man comics and the status quo of Spider-Man having to suffer to be Spider-Man.

It makes me appreciate Across the Spider Verse's theme of Spiderman not needing to suffer to be a great character because I like to imagine that this was the writers' jab at the current state of Spider-Man comics and the status quo of Spider-Man having to suffer to be Spider-Man.
Yeah, in hindsight maybe them making it a universal constant that Peter must constantly suffer due to the fact that he exists might not have been the best way to go in the long term, especially when there are tons of AUs that showcase that if he deviates even slightly from the status quo of the main comic storyline, he ends up with a happy ending.

I still find it strange they made Miguel the chearleader for this idea, like in the comics he didn't really suffer too much. Like sure his girlfriend's dead and he lives in a cyberpunk dystopia but the family members he cared about are still alive, he never had an Uncle Ben moment or Commissioner Stacy moment, and the second he girlfriend died his side bitch came in and hooked up with him. On the level of suffering I'd put him below most heroes honestly.

Yeah, in hindsight maybe them making it a universal constant that Peter must constantly suffer due to the fact that he exists might not have been the best way to go in the long term, especially when there are tons of AUs that showcase that if he deviates even slightly from the status quo of the main comic storyline, he ends up with a happy ending.
This reminds me of a Spider-Man comic I read awhile back where Spidey has to subject himself to painful radiation (he has some resistance to it but it still hurts) in order to battle a powerful radioactive villain, as the fight escalates innocent lives are put into mortal danger which forces Spidey to face his moral code of not killing Vs saving lives (remember he is in excruciating pain while trying to make his decision), fortunately Frank Castle (who was tracking the same villain) kills the villain in front of Spidey with a bullet through the head and saves the innocent bystanders as a consequence, thus the choice is taken away from Spidey.

Spidey then isolates himself on top of a building to heal and let the radiation safely past through his system before he can go back home, he then has a existential crisis wondering what choice he would've made hadn't The Punisher shown up and reflects on the suffering he goes through on a regular basis on top of seeing yet another person he couldn't save (even tho they were a villain) he then breaks down and begs "god" not to put him through a situation like that again for at least another 60-70yrs (keep in mind Spidey has already ment TOAA) saying a few decades of peace is no time for the big G, ofc Spidey accepts and laughs off his begging request as empty words knowing full well they won't be answered but assures himself it was worth asking before returning to the status quo.

An otherwise great storyline, soured by the writer (who is "god" in this situation) self stroking their ego via a fictional character's suffering lol!

Last edited:
I still find it strange they made Miguel the chearleader for this idea, like in the comics he didn't really suffer too much. Like sure his girlfriend's dead and he lives in a cyberpunk dystopia but the family members he cared about are still alive, he never had an Uncle Ben moment or Commissioner Stacy moment, and the second he girlfriend died his side bitch came in and hooked up with him. On the level of suffering I'd put him below most heroes honestly.
You make a fair point but tbf I guess since the movies don't follow the comic version of the Spider-Verse event, the writers had a little more freedom to use preexisting characters in their own unique way. It's probably the same reason why Hobie Brown was British in the movie even though comic Spider Punk is American if I remember correctly

It's funny that every other Spider-Man media is doing 100× better the comics lol
I was talking about this with a friend lol.
-Spiderverse Movies are doing incredible
-Insomniac Spider-Man is doing great
-The Miles Comics are very well received rn
-The MCU Spidey movies are generally liked by most

etc, so on and so on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back