• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but considering they're revealing another match so soon, i feel like it could be a match we already know about. I mainly just went with Bill VS Discord as a guess, but Cole VS Alex is on the table if they make Vader VS Obito 2D.
They stated awhile they just started on those two episodes and given they won the poll in December and how production goes I don't see those episodes happening soon
Cole vs Alex was already long confirmed to be 3D given the poll for was 3D

That's something Marvel seems to be adamant on maintaining. I mean I'm not the biggest X-Men fan or reader out there, but from what I last remembered Scott is usually painted in a negative light or is an asshole for the last couple years of comics.
Cyclops is that eye laser cannon guy right? Looks cool but is again some one-trick pony.

Honestly kinda want Red Death vs Phoenix Cyclops, that could be cool
Red Death vs Phoenix Cyclops huh?

Maybe, but considering they're revealing another match so soon, i feel like it could be a match we already know about. I mainly just went with Bill VS Discord as a guess, but Cole VS Alex is on the table if they make Vader VS Obito 2D.
Lemme recap

2D
  • Captain America vs Kamen Rider Ichigo
  • Among Us vs Fall Guys
  • Kyle Rayner vs Simon the Digger
  • Ori (Ori and the Blind Forest) vs The Knight (Hollow Knight)
  • Mordecai and Rigby vs Jake and Finn
  • Discord vs Bill Cipher (picked)

3D
  • Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer (picked)
  • Kratos vs Asura
  • Steve vs Emmet
  • King Ghidorah vs Deathwing
  • Illidan Stormrage vs Xiao
  • Spy vs Agent 47

If we assume one 3D episode after every two 2D sprite episodes, we can still have Vader vs Obito in 3D then some other episodes in 2D sprites THEN we have Discord vs Bill Cipher in 2D hand drawn.

Cyclops has always been one of the lamest superheroes because of how limited his power is, imo.
The thing with a one trick pony it's far more easier to write the narrative around them and keep power creep in check while building around their limited capabilities, once you start giving them superfluous boosts in order to keep up with far more powerful and versatile characters that's when the pony usually become a different type of "lame".

3D
  • Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer (picked)
  • Kratos vs Asura
  • Steve vs Emmet
  • King Ghidorah vs Deathwing
  • Illidan Stormrage vs Xiao
  • Spy vs Agent 47

If we assume one 3D episode after every two 2D sprite episodes, we can still have Vader vs Obito in 3D then some other episodes in 2D sprites THEN we have Discord vs Bill Cipher in 2D hand drawn.
Still sad we won't ever get to see the shitshow reaction from casuals reacting to Kratos dogging on Asura

Technically BillDiscord might have an iota of a chance. For comparison, apparently OmniLander was written in December (hence the christmas theme there) and was released in May. If they wrote BillDiscord in February, it might not be unconceivable for July release.

The thing with a one trick pony it's far more easier to write the narrative around them and keep power creep in check while building around their limited capabilities, once you start giving them superfluous boosts in order to keep up with far more powerful and versatile characters that's when the pony usually become a different type of "lame".
Cyclops has always been one of the lamest superheroes because of how limited his power is, imo.
It all depends on the power of the author.

Remember how a hypothetical "language manipulation user" can reach from normal human to uni+ by power creep in one page of comic scan with actual story telling.

Say Cyclops can totally somehow develop some enhanced sight and light manipulation. Anything treated to sight, light and heat can be fair game.

Oh Captain Atom and Molecule Man are notable for atom and molecule manipulation. And comic book readers know how powerful they are.

It's funny but the fact that poeple were legitemately having serious arguments and back and forth about it was wild. people were deadass calling Jessica Drew miguel's slave cause she sided with him instead of Miles and Gwen.
Speaking of Jessica Drew... okay we do not speak of her status for the time being.

But Batwoman vs Spider-Woman when?

And...

Mary Jane Watson as Jackpot
She has a wristwatch with a slot machine that causes random effects based on the outcome of the slot pull
Well guess who developed that wrist device and whom Mary Jane Watson defeated.

2D
  • Captain America vs Kamen Rider Ichigo
  • Among Us vs Fall Guys
  • Kyle Rayner vs Simon the Digger
  • Ori (Ori and the Blind Forest) vs The Knight (Hollow Knight)
  • Mordecai and Rigby vs Jake and Finn
  • Discord vs Bill Cipher (picked)
Me, a Kymon fan, looking at the ballot poll after its results:
image0.jpg

Anyone noticing that Season 10 is underperforming compared to Seasons 8 & 9, or is it just me? I am legitimately distraught that Killusaka is flopping and Chosenborn didn’t get at least 2.5-3 million views in the first month.
Yes, we talk about views a lot :V

But tbh 2.5 mil + is very rare in modern times to get in a month. Unrealistic.

If they didn’t want Racist 2099 memes they shouldn’t have made Miguel look like GypsyCrusader.
Seems more like a coincidence, the artists and designers would have never foreseen that he would look like him, let alone know who he is. GypsyCrusader is not a one of a kind person in terms of appearance

Sometimes you just can't stop the Internet from doing what it does

Anyone noticing that Season 10 is underperforming compared to Seasons 8 & 9, or is it just me? I am legitimately distraught that Killusaka is flopping and Chosenborn didn’t get at least 2.5-3 million views in the first month.
I say YouTube algorithm n Death Battle coming off hiatus is to play but yeah

Hopefully things pick back up

Last edited:
I'm sure they were aware about the possibility that the misaka vs killua episode won't draw big numbers.. it's normal.. it's definitely the closest thing to a oscure Mu nowadays and the bar that maybe serves to analyze the possibility of more of these Mu's, and if we can just.. in times where it's hardly capturing the casual audience, but if you ask me, it's doing well for what it is, a oscure Mu with character that has no focus on the casual audience and another that is "popular" but not enough to lead to big views.
I feel that introducing obscure verses in Death Battle is a bold move.

I feel that introducing obscure verses in Death Battle is a bold move.
Well more like estimating how popular a verse not yet introduced into Death Battle is.

There are so many verses super popular all around the world. Yet some vs debaters consider them WHO members.

Okay big name characters like Mikoto Misaka and Killua Zoldyck are considered WHO members what could I say.

They should call her Gacha Girl.
How does she fare against Black Cat and Domino

Last edited:
It all depends on the power of the author.

Remember how a hypothetical "language manipulation user" can reach from normal human to uni+ by power creep in one page of comic scan with actual story telling.

Say Cyclops can totally somehow develop some enhanced sight and light manipulation. Anything treated to sight, light and heat can be fair game.

Oh Captain Atom and Molecule Man are notable for atom and molecule manipulation. And comic book readers know how powerful they are.

Speaking of Jessica Drew... okay we do not speak of her status for the time being.

But Batwoman vs Spider-Woman when?

And...

Well guess who developed that wrist device and whom Mary Jane Watson defeated.
Wait, why do we not talk about Jessica Drew?
Like out of all ideas you can think of for a power, why that? Couldnt come up with a better one?
Pretty sure it's meant to be a joke on her first spoken line in the comics.

Though NGL, it's kind of a stupid joke...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back