• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Season 8 first 4 eps

Season 9 first 4 eps

Thorgeta is only less than a day old here (archive doesn't have anything else until after Omnilander hit) but I'm pretty sure Thorgeta was doing better than Stitch vs Rocket at this point

anyways the crew and fans blame the hiatus, but maybe, just maybe, the MUs themselves aren't that engaging?
Any hiatus is going to majorly hurt viewership. On YouTube a 5 month long break is borderline a death kneel. Not to mention a lot of S9’s starting episodes picked out some insanely popular things that would pull more views than most. Demon Slayer is a ******* industry phenomenon. Scarlet Witch was experiencing the biggest surge in popularity she ever has. Thor and Vegeta are evergreen. Etc etc.

I think the constant viewership conversations we have here are really silly

From Death Battle Discord

IMG_1505.jpg

Why is V (Devil May Cry 5) pit against Marie (Persona)
What are their close connections
DMC haters may love watching 9D V losing to 1-A Marie tho.

Any hiatus is going to majorly hurt viewership. On YouTube a 5 month long break is borderline a death kneel. Not to mention a lot of S9’s starting episodes picked out some insanely popular things that would pull more views than most. Demon Slayer is a ******* industry phenomenon. Scarlet Witch was experiencing the biggest surge in popularity she ever has. Thor and Vegeta are evergreen. Etc etc.

I think the constant viewership conversations we have here are really silly
Death Battle: playing the Youtube algorithm of avoiding long gaps
Then
Death Battle: have a 5 month gap so that there would be only one big season gap and "no mid-season breaks"

Smart. Move.

I would’ve liked to show up to RTX but it landed at a bad time for me lol. Besides Texas being a hard place for me to travel to, money was a little tight this month, and I’d basically only be going there for the Death Battle stuff to be 100% forreal. It’d be really neat getting to hear from and talk to the crew at all though.

From Death Battle Discord

TN uploaded by TheGanondorky @ Discord
Zelda_vs_Celica.png

Zelda Princess of Hyrule vs Celica Princess of Zofia

Brief thematic connections
  • Battle of battle princesses
  • LOZ vs FE
  • One Zelda MU where Zelda actually wins

Detailed close connections (info collated by Infernmaster @ Discord)
  • Known for being more gentle and down to earth princesses who primarily use magic.
  • Are marked with a sort of legendary brand on thier hand (Brand of Mila and the Triforce of Wisdom).
  • Are closely linked with a more warrior like love interest who also bear a brand (Alm, Brand of Duma, Link, Triforce of Courage).
  • Initially seek out thier goddess for strengh, but end up relying on thier own abilities (depends on the Zelda).
  • Are a key player in taking down an extremely powerful foe themed around the concept of power. (Ganon with the Triforce of Power and Duma the dragon god of power). Both of whom were threatening to take over thier entire country and then some.
  • Thier love interests also wield a sword that only them can wield which is the only thing that can defeat the main big bad (we ignore Nosferatu).
  • Celica’s game, Fire Emblem Gaiden, also shares a kinship with Zelda 2 as being black sheep sequels for thier series on the Famicom. But that’s more trivia than a connection

Last edited:
Thinking about it. DB has blown through a ton of the most popular naruto matchups. Itachi, Minato,Sakura are probably the last view left before we get Into the second tier of popularity.What's annoying though is how most of these match ups most popular opponents are from bleach with the sole exception of itachi who seems to also have the undertaker as a popular opponent, Which sucks ass. I don't want bleach to always be relegated to fighting nard.

Thinking about it. DB has blown through a ton of the most popular naruto matchups. Itachi, Minato,Sakura are probably the last view left before we get Into the second tier of popularity.What's annoying though is how most of these match ups most popular opponents are from bleach with the sole exception of itachi who seems to also have the undertaker as a popular opponent, Which sucks ass. I don't want bleach to always be relegated to fighting nard.
Orichimaru vs Medusa exists

To the normie crowd arguably
Does anyone want more Naruto wins (which is actually lacking)? They will embrace Orochimaru vs Hisoka Morow.

Does anyone want a victory for Bleach agaisnt Naruto (which is yet to happen)? They will embrace Orochimaru vs Mayuri Kurotsuchi.

Either does not feed Orochimaru to Medusa Gorgon who is in the Soul Eater slaughterhouse.

Last edited:
Here are current negative record win-loss verses in DB (1 win & 2 losses = -1 etc.):
  • Sonic 0 (Metal Sonic won EggWily, hence a win, otherwise -1)
  • Star Wars -1 (or 0 depending on if remaster counts as separate)
  • Mortal Kombat -1
  • Marvel -1
  • Legend of Zelda -1
  • Fairy Tail -1
  • One-Punch Man -1
  • MHA -1
  • Mega Man -2
  • Soul Calibur -2
  • Power Rangers -2
  • Naruto -2
  • Bleach -2
  • Street Fighter* -4 (If Final Fight is not counted as part of SF)
  • Street Fighter -5
Marvel used to be at the bottom year ago or so too.

Here are current negative record win-loss verses in DB (1 win & 2 losses = -1 etc.):
  • Sonic 0 (Metal Sonic won EggWily, hence a win, otherwise -1)
  • Star Wars -1 (or 0 depending on if remaster counts as separate)
  • Mortal Kombat -1
  • Marvel -1
  • Legend of Zelda -1
  • Fairy Tail -1
  • One-Punch Man -1
  • MHA -1
  • Mega Man -2
  • Soul Calibur -2
  • Power Rangers -2
  • Naruto -2
  • Bleach -2
  • Street Fighter* -4 (If Final Fight is not counted as part of SF)
  • Street Fighter -5
Marvel used to be at the bottom year ago or so too.
Should Strider Hiryu vs Ryu Hayabusa also count as a SF W? Because Strider is actually in the same universe with Street Fighter (The whole clan of Striders were made by Zeku, a character from Street Fighter V)

Should Strider Hiryu vs Ryu Hayabusa also count as a SF W? Because Strider is actually in the same universe with Street Fighter (The whole clan of Striders were made by Zeku, a character from Street Fighter V)
Uhhh

Usually I count spinoffs as part of bigger verse, Heroes is DBZ, Archie is Sonic, DK Yoshi Wario are Mario.

Even if Strider is canon to SF its not like Strider is quite a spinoff from SF? Its truly its own thing. But then again isnt Final Fight too?

Uhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back