• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheetah being that fast lines up with this tiring.
FastestChars.jpg
You got blitzed in the past since I already brought up Cheetah being nr. 9 back in 2016, I was wrong though, she's nr. 6 but the best feats for the Flashes happen after this.

Eh, versions of Shazam/Captain Marvel have outraced Superman in flight (and the current one beat WW in a flight to space).
Again, holding back.
Plus, there's no way he beats the Black Racer or any serious speedster, unless something happened that I don't know.
He scales to someone who was wielding the entire Speed Force, so he sorta pulled Wally's feat iirc before Wally did it.

Again, holding back.
Not always. Heck, Shazam's fought a bloodlusted (because mind control) Superman before and matched him in speed. Not to mention alternate versions of Shazam tend to be faster than Superman (Justice 2005, Young Justice Season 1, etc).

He scales to someone who was wielding the entire Speed Force, so he sorta pulled Wally's feat iirc before Wally did it.
Sounds a bit off since he continuously gets outpaced by any noteworthy speedsters.

Not always. Heck, Shazam's fought a bloodlusted (because mind control) Superman before and matched him in speed. Not to mention alternate versions of Shazam tend to be faster than Superman (Justice 2005, Young Justice Season 1, etc).
I don't care about alternate versions, Superman unconsciously holds back, that is combat speed, I'm talking about recent stuff.
Sounds a bit off since he continuously gets outpaced by any noteworthy speedsters.
Again, recent stuff. Superman probably has indirect scaling to TDK who was keeping pace with the main speedsters anyways (and likely holding back).

Though tbf back when the statement of him being unmatched in the air was made, he likely didn't have the feats to back that up.

I don't care about alternate versions, Superman unconsciously holds back, that is combat speed, I'm talking about recent stuff.
This is several years old now, so it's not a recent comparison list. Heck, Shazam fought Superman Prime since then, so it makes even less sense there.

He can't unconsciously hold back if he's mind controlled. It's what made DCeased version of him so deadly.
Again, recent stuff. Superman probably has indirect scaling to TDK who was keeping pace with the main speedsters anyways (and likely holding back).
Well, this isn't a recent comparison list, so it's not like recent stuff matters to it. If it happened recently, then there's that.

I always found the whole "outrunning Death" feats in DC to be rather odd since characters like Flash and Superman have canonically died in the past before......though that's just if you nitpick hard enough, and I guess outrunning Death doesn't equal outrunning your own mortality

He can yes, and his lord soul can literally come back from being erased from existence
When did that ever happen. I remember the original logic was that in pvp you steal each other souls and in game you lose all your souls on death.

But that isn’t your actual soul. Your own personal soul is what gives you your levels and stats and that doesn’t change when you die. The souls you lose are just the ones you have from stealing them from other people.

For example, in Demon souls (made by the same guy and company). When you get stabbed in your actual soul the game tells you your actual soul was attacked, and you lose a level. Dark souls has the same souls and level mechanic and despite that the game never has your main soul ever get directly affected once.

Edit: I’ve been meaning to bring this up forever. Now I have a good reason to finally make a thread on it. I’ll make it later today or early tomorrow.

Sidenote, but doesn't the fact you have the taken souls to get through give the CU a Alucard degree of protection? (albeit, only once or a few times with the Rings of Sacrifice)

Been a while since I played DS, can you give a quick reminder of when this happens
When did that ever happen. I remember the original logic was that in pvp you steal each other souls and in game you lose all your souls on death.

But that isn’t your actual soul. Your own personal soul is what gives you your levels and stats and that doesn’t change when you die. The souls you lose are just the ones you have from stealing them from other people.

For example, in Demon souls (made by the same guy and company). When you get stabbed in your actual soul the game tells you your actual soul was attacked, and you lose a level. Dark souls has the same souls and level mechanic and despite that the game never has your main soul ever get directly affected once.

Edit: I’ve been meaning to bring this up forever. Now I have a good reason to finally make a thread on it. I’ll make it later today or early tomorrow.
In Dark souls 2, where you get the lord souls of Gwyn, Seath, The Witch of Izalith, and Nito that have come back into existence despite their Lord Souls having been burned to nothingness by the Lordvessel in DS1

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the dark souls 2 stuff. The original reason that was given was trash (what I mentioned, that used to be the mid godly justification). But that dark souls 2 is legit.

I remember when I personally stumbled on that stuff be mid godly evidence, but, I haven’t talked about dark souls in around a year, so I forgot and just remembered the old justification instead.

As far as I’m aware, Marvel is also supposed to have a massive cosmology downgrade soon (for pretty much the same reasons DC had one, we are combining multiple cosmologies into each other right now for marvel, DC just made it clearer when the cosmologies split). So I would hold off on saying that for now.

Edit: Unless I missed a downgrade for the non cosmology altering characters like post crisis Superman and such. Heralds, I think that’s the right word.

I’m pretty sure marvel and DC set the standard for a lot of stuff back in the day. I remember when we used to have street level be for comic street levels as a whole. And when multiple other tiers referenced Thor and Superman for stuff. Now they are 100% completely disconnected from it and their cosmologies ending up in the worst tier (seriously 1-C sucks, the only characters of note in it are high 1-C because of a specific theory that is rarely referenced (strangly low 1-C seems to happen a lot nowadays). Not saying Marvel is that tier, just sad DC is pretty much unusable now for the cosmic characters).

I’m pretty sure marvel and DC set the standard for a lot of stuff back in the day. I remember when we used to have street level be for comic street levels as a whole. And when multiple other tiers referenced Thor and Superman for stuff. Now they are 100% completely disconnected from it and their cosmologies ending up in the worst tier (seriously 1-C sucks, the only characters of note in it are high 1-C because of a specific theory that is rarely referenced (strangly low 1-C seems to happen a lot nowadays). Not saying Marvel is that tier, just sad DC is pretty much unusable now for the cosmic characters).
L1C is kind of the one of no note. I think 1C to H1C is fine

Really, I can’t think of a single 1-C character off the top of my head (well except Dante). Every other character I enjoy (who is in tier 1-Cs) is low 1-C, like all the time (Doom, Bayonetta, DND, Elder scrolls for a while, they still have a cool low 1-C though even after most the gods got upgraded away, and for versus threads only Archie sonic and Oryx (destiny and archie sonic are eh, but out of their series I think they’re kinda cool). Though I guess it depends on who you like.

But it depends on which part of 1-C, because if you are even one dimension higher it’s instantly a stomp (which is why I wish we had a + sign for 6d beings but staff said no for some reason, apparently it’s simpler to constantly need to ask every time). Low 1-C is simple because almost everyone is just 5-D, and High 1-C is nice because everyone always gets that tier for the same reason (referencing the theory that lead to that tier).

1-C may have some characters I recognize; but the chances they line up with any other character in that tier is the same as any of my favorite characters sharing a speed on this site. Very unlikely.

NGL its kinda baffling to me that Marvel and DC were quite literally the verses that set the structure for our tier 1 tiering stuff back in the day, they were the gold standard of what a High 1-B to 1-A cosmology looked like

And now theyre getting nuked
I know Marvel is currently at a standstill for it's cosmology, besides the split there's also a prominent thread to make the universal abstracts High 1-B or Low 1-A so 🤷‍♂️

Magic the Gathering and League o Legends are going to be 1-C soon, but for now they'll have to settle for being bullied by Kamen Rider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back