• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
There is this one blog that says Herc wins, although it could just be accidental downplay.
Pretty sure a person knowledgable in sun wukong mythos called out G1 being wrong as hell on the monkey king

Pretty sure a person knowledgable in sun wukong mythos called out G1 being wrong as hell on the monkey king
Yeah, it was this guy. Both G1 and the actual DB researchers got quite a lot wrong according to him.

When I originally watched the video, I skipped the character analysis straight to the fight. I only just now got around to reading the official transcript for the beginning, and I’m sorry to report that Monkey’s section is riddled with errors. Whomever wrote it has definitely never read the book. It would be like me writing a Death Battle transcript about Harry Potter based on a very lazy read of Wikipedia. I tried correcting the mistakes onsite, but my edits were reverted and I was told that the transcript is off limits. Therefore, I’ve decided to add my corrections and comments here (in blue) like I did above.

I think the DB team also got some info for the episode from his blog but never credited him properly. I think he's still uncredited even now but I'm not sure.
But before continuing, I want to note that I’m upset because it appears that info from my research blog was likely used in the video and Death Battle wiki website without the specific articles being linked to. Sure, my general blog URL was added twice to an external site (here and here), but this is not the same as linking to the actual articles on the video/wiki so people can see where Death Battle got their information from. Make no mistake, this has little to do with publicity; my blog generates zero money for me. It’s just fair that my work be recognized if it’s being used, especially if it contributed to a video currently making money for its creators.

Does anyone even have a Discord server to shitpost on? :V

Jason's still MIA... once the KS ends, I guess I'll create a thread for 2024-2025 eps. Unless we want to create just a nightmarish giga-thread that will never be retired?

Back