• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think it'd be VERY generous to compare Black Blood to the Grimm physiology - the closest I can guess is that we see humans with Grimm parts like Cinder and the Hound and I guess you can argue if it compares to disrupting a soul wavelength, but its very notable that Grimm themself lack a soul- something black blood doesn't really worry about in a series where souls are targetted and used as wavelengths

I think it'd be VERY generous to compare Black Blood to the Grimm physiology - the closest I can guess is that we see humans with Grimm parts like Cinder and the Hound and I guess you can argue if it compares to disrupting a soul wavelength, but its very notable that Grimm themself lack a soul- something black blood doesn't really worry about in a series where souls are targetted and used as wavelengths
I figured as much, I just wanted to ask since I'd been thinking about it for a long while since they announced Ruby vs Maka and I just wanted to hear y'all's input on the matter

Go nuts. Tho after the list, say your most wanted I guess?
Alright, so my list is something like this (in order from when they were originally released):

• Goomba vs Koopa: TBH, this one is mostly because I wanna see if this episode can get a proper outcome and winner. Not counting the DBX on account of the whole "no research" aspect of that show.
  • TMNT Battle Royale: If I remember correctly, this one has a rep for being the first "controversial" MU, namely because... well, everything wrong with Season 1 DB is apparent here. Plus, it'd be nice to have a version that's both good AND actually viewable on Youtube.
  • Yoshi vs Riptor: I know this one might be an odd one, but IDK, this one has the shortest fight animation in the show's history (only 55 seconds long) and while I'm not knowledgeable on KI I feel like there should be more to work with here, especially with the proper research.
  • Luigi vs Tails: A lot of the same reasons why Mario vs Sonic 2 happened apply to this MU, I feel. Update it to be more accurate to the source, and don't restrict them to not using their powerups.
  • Chuck Norris vs Segata Sanshiro: NGL, this one is entirely due to bias. It is still to this day my favorite episode of the show, and I'm genuinely curious what a modern take on it would look like. Plus, we may finally get a winner.
  • Beast vs Goliath: Even though I'm not a fan of either X-Men or Gargoyles... IDK, something always felt off about this episode to me. Not sure the best way to describe it though.
  • Tracer vs Scout: Similar to the above, something always felt off about this episode despite me not being a fan of either series. Though in this case, I think that might be due to the whole "capitalizing on the OW vs TF2 debate" thing.
  • Crash vs Spyro: Just use Classic Spyro this time. That matchup is actually pretty debatable.

Honorable mentions towards Justin Bieber vs Rebecca Black (not up for voting, but I would appreciate a version WITHOUT the cyberbullying aspect), Vegeta vs Mewtwo (does this one even count as an episode? I'm not sure, TBH), and Blake vs Mikasa (they promised we would feast like kings here...). Of all of this, I'd say Chuck Norris vs Segata Sanshiro is my most wanted. If anybody wants me to try and elaborate on any of these, feel free to ask.

I was looking through past episodes out of curiosity; they scaled Crona to Black Star dodging lasers and moving 20 km in 6 milliseconds, which is ~3,300,000 m/s (plus whatever generating 9 trillion tons of mad blood, lifting 10,000 tons, and screaming at 275 dB is worth; they didn't give specifics for AP here, so we'll have to wait and see what they put Maka at).

Blake was given 26,700 m/s for scaling to lightning timers, and ~4 tons of TNT for AP/Dura with Aura.
Weiss was given 7 tons dura with Aura and an Ice Shield, and stated her normal output couldn't come anywhere close to Mitsuru's "21.7 tons of TNT durability"

I'm sure it will be different in RubyMaka, these are years old, but that's where DB's most recent stats stand.

I was looking through past episodes out of curiosity; they scaled Crona to Black Star dodging lasers and moving 20 km in 6 milliseconds, which is ~3,300,000 m/s (plus whatever generating 9 trillion tons of mad blood, lifting 10,000 tons, and screaming at 275 dB is worth; they didn't give specifics for AP here, so we'll have to wait and see what they put Maka at).

Blake was given 26,700 m/s for scaling to lightning timers, and ~4 tons of TNT for AP/Dura with Aura.
Weiss was given 7 tons dura with Aura and an Ice Shield, and stated her normal output couldn't come anywhere close to Mitsuru's "21.7 tons of TNT durability"

I'm sure it will be different in RubyMaka, these are years old, but that's where DB's most recent stats stand.
I mean they did mention Penny's feat in a black box if I remember

I mean they did mention Penny's feat in a black box if I remember
Popup: Because the Thunder Spears take advantage of Reiner's weakness to piercing weapons, its energy is not necessarily comparable to the explosion he survived against the Founding Titan. Both Weiss and Penny have feats that surpass this that Blake would scale to.

Popup: At a baseline level, the average Grimm has shown more feats of strength than the average Pure Titan. Barring the Nine Titans, this means that Blake has had more experience fighting stronger monsters than Mikasa.

RDT_20240820_152015710086944281735242.jpg

Better add Morek to the list because I have 300 extra bucks of disposable income and some talking points..............................
moro_vs_lord_tirek_by_cykerlol_df8sg38-fullview.jpg

Alright, besides MCDoomguy & M2Shadow, what episode needs a remake? What are your arguments?
Unironically Rainbow Dash vs Starscream. It's an episode that has 100% aged, and where neither Dash nor Starscream really shined like they could nowadays. I could care less about the verdict, I just think that episode was like the quintessential Death Battle episode - and I'm pretty sure Ben and Chad themselves have said that they point to that episode first to show people what DB is all about

Back