• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True that, but as a big ass fan of Tekken since 5 they did my boi ******* dirty.

Like 100 Megatons really that the best feat you could find? Not this or this, but then they go “Well if we use those feats we have to use the SF comic” which is like a complete different continuity from the games so it won’t count.

Like I really like the animation in the fight, which is why I hate I dislike it but it’s research is so shit I’m amazed how much of a stretch every is.
If Heihachi vs Geese happens at a given point, they better do more research and accurate one at that on the old man, literally none who went over Ryu vs Jin match before them said Ryu could realistically win

Prolly not much from its home series, they could bring that feat where a character blasts a laser beam meant to destroy a city, along any other notable stuff

Last they had a fatal fury/kof they had them at like somewhere around building level and supersonic i think

Satsuki's mind hax resistance is in the tens to hundreds of thousands
Death the kid's madness of order can overpower Kishin's madness, the latter being planetary and able to overcome multiple layers of resistance.
Granted it's very out of character, since using it would turn all of humanity into mindless puppets, and Kid never used it, even against kishin because of that.
We also don't really know if Death battle treats mindhax potency the same way we do so...

I wonder what can they pull off for Geese, other than scaling from other KoF characters, given that original Fatal Fury/Garou Geese is something like wall level at best.
This was actually brought up in the last season thread. They could potentially scale him to a petaton feat, which would actually put him over Heihachi, unless you view the 10x multiplier as legit.

But to be fair, it is the most questionable petaton feat I've ever seen, and hopefully the researchers would be able to find something that sticks better.

That said petaton feat was talked there too, its just a character saying "start of a new world" or something like that, which is vague AF and even at face value is high 6-A, something Heihachi scales already pretty casually from
Yeah, that's what I mean. It's quite frankly horrible, however the last time a KOF character was brought in (Terry), the researchers knew about and bought the feat.

Please tell me you're not talking about the Harry Potter and Marvel character respectively.
I am, sadly. On the Death Battle Cast, Nick tried thinking of a matchup with two characters that have literally nothing in common, and this is what he came up with. Given this season is about legacy matchups, and Nick's part of the Death Battle crew again...

If it happens, I hope it's a joke episode that pokes fun at nonsensical matchups, similar to how Deadpool vs Mask was kind of a satire of spite matches.

A casual reminder that there's a higher than zero percent chance we get Hermione Granger vs Juggernaut (Marvel Comics) this season.
Well Hermione vs Juggernaut is not the only meme fight or joke fight.

However I have faith Cereal Mascots Battle Royale, Disney Princess Battle Royale and Kool-Aid Man vs Macho Man Randy Savage (one or more out of three) will happen. They are the real classics.

Satsuki's mind hax resistance is in the tens to hundreds of thousands
Does Kid have global population mind hax? That trumps a country population mind hax or just town population mind hax.

Whether they will pull a Sasuke vs Hiei is out of me. And I am surprised that you think Bruno has a better chance of defeating Satsuki than Kid does.

Does Kid have global population mind hax? That trumps a country population mind hax or just town population mind hax.
pi7W4E4_d.webp

Yep, his madness = Kishin/Crona's madness who is stated to affect the entire world.

Also I want to get something off my chest.

This Marvel vs DC crap has to stop. You're being annoying.

No crap the two most popular super-franchises in the world get a ton of representation. The only series that's been on this show that's as iconic as Marvel and DC when it comes to superheroes is Dragon Ball. Not Mario. Not Star Wars. Not Sonic. Not Pokemon. Not Naruto. And certainly not Fate. And seeing Doom in the beginning, while yes, Gil would totally be a more diverse fight, you'd be off your rocker if you thought that matchup was more iconic than Lex vs Doom, something that's been a rivalry for the past several decades. And yes, Fate would by far be the hardest franchise to explain on Death Battle. It would make Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear combined look like explaining Broly. Contrary to popular belief, the series isn't made for you. It's made for the casuals, not the weebs who spend half their paycheck on trying to get Mordred in F/GO. And I wonder what made more money between Fate and hell...just the DCEU alone. Fate will get in of course. Saber killing Erza or Lucina is inevitable. But shut up about them passing up the "obvious" match when if you know a thing about marketing, it's not the obvious match at all.

This is to nobody in particular. Just those who won't stop complaining.
Yeah but Marvel and DC are boring, not even vs each other I just hate seeing characters from either in DB at this point.

Wrestling is weird...
Our site says Kool-Aid Man (Marvel Comics) is forever the embodiment of Wall+ and Kool-Aid Man (Atari 2600) is Small Building. While we do not have a profile for Randy Savage, he may scale to Hulk Hogan (WWE Immortals) who did this which sits at Large Town+.

If I remember correctly, Koolaid man has some weird reality warping and matter manip feats from commercials
So this is physique vs hax. Possibly hax wall and resistance wall battle.

pi7W4E4_d.webp

Yep, his madness = Kishin/Crona's madness who is stated to affect the entire world.
So this means that with a deeper hax and being faster Kid stops Satsuki before she could raise her limbs.

Why not have Ryuko fight somebody else

Shadow vs Ryuko was by far the most requested fight for her and had the most thematic connections. Shadow is also much more popular on a casual level and his history with the show fits the theme of big historic matches for season 8. Most other fights that have been requested for Ryuko only have surface-level connections or involve very niche characters that don’t fit with the theme of season 8.

Akame or Tatsumi: We just had Akame ga kill last season. Not to mention they don’t have that many connections outside the names of the series being similar and “anti-government”.

Cutty honey: This is a more niche series and again the connections don’t seem that good. From what I can tell it's mostly just “vague magic girl archetype” and “skimpy costumes”.

Masane: This one seems like it might fit a bit more, but it def doesn’t have more connections than Shadow. Likewise again a much more niche of a character compared to Shadow.

Crona: This could have worked, but Crona was just on the show. Likewise, Nui would arguably fit better as a matchup than Ryuko.

Now obviously I’m not saying that more niche fights can’t happen, but given the circumstances, and characters involved Shadow vs Ryuko was the most logical choice.

******* THANK YOU!!!!
SOMEONE WHO ******* GETS IT!

Also this

"Lastly, I get some people are going to go in saying this was a “pity” win, but I don't really see it that way. Realistically a Sonic character was going to take a win eventually, and most of the fights they win they win pretty handily(Rouge annihilates Sly, Blaze annihilates all the fire princesses but Sailor Mars). The perception of wanting an easy win was gonna come off in the next Sonic victory win no matter what. Even then the alternative is just another Sonic loss, which also would have invoked it's own negative reaction. I can't really see a reason to be super concerned about it one way or the other."

Also this

"Lastly, I get some people are going to go in saying this was a “pity” win, but I don't really see it that way. Realistically a Sonic character was going to take a win eventually, and most of the fights they win they win pretty handily(Rouge annihilates Sly, Blaze annihilates all the fire princesses but Sailor Mars). The perception of wanting an easy win was gonna come off in the next Sonic victory win no matter what. Even then the alternative is just another Sonic loss, which also would have invoked it's own negative reaction. I can't really see a reason to be super concerned about it one way or the other."
BASED AS ****

Cutty honey: This is a more niche series and again the connections don’t seem that good. From what I can tell it's mostly just “vague magic girl archetype” and “skimpy costumes”.
You mispelled the name, it's "Cutie Honey"
And no, it's not just “vague magic girl archetype” and “skimpy costumes”, it's like saying that Shadow and Ryuko only have color schemes in common.
The connections are: Both are protagonists from over the top shoujo series. Both are daughters of great scientist that were killed, so they travel around the world to find out who is responsible for their father’s death and avenge them. Despite the human appearance, both are not human (Ryuko is half-alien and Honey is an android). Both wield blades and can change their cloth that can give them new abilities. And also both have pretty fanservice design.

But Shadow vs Ryuko is a stomp

"Most vs fights are stomps tbh. If a person doesn’t have a specific hax, it’s normally gonna be determined by who’s stronger or faster. The tiers in most series generally don’t align well because the power scales aren't built with each other in mind. EXE stomped, War machine stomped, Machamp stomped, etc. The fact Shadow got a clear-cut win doesn’t stop the fight itself from being interesting. The only difference here is Sonic characters are well known enough from the get-go that most people know Shadow wins from the start.

Likewise being blunt, Ryuko would also stomp almost all her other requested fights based on what we gave her in her episode. They’re all MCB to island at most, with maybe Akame getting to Continental-multi cont with some Leeway."

Damn another W
You mispelled the name, it's "Cutie Honey"
And no, it's not just “vague magic girl archetype” and “skimpy costumes”, it's like saying that Shadow and Ryuko only have color schemes in common.
The connections are: Both are protagonists from over the top shoujo series. Both are daughters of great scientist that were killed, so they travel around the world to find out who is responsible for their father’s death and avenge them. Despite the human appearance, both are not human (Ryuko is half-alien and Honey is an android). Both wield blades and can change their cloth that can give them new abilities. And also both have pretty fanservice design.
He wrote it not me
And regardless of the connections being there Ultraguy didn't see much to it given Cutie Honey is niche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back