• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And? I still think that this was the dumbest way to start the fight, we literally tried to make our own scenario of Shadow vs Ryuko beginning and we all did a better job than DB.
For the majority she didn't, but why should she act like that in the first place? Why does she need to act like Ryuko from the beginning of KLK? It's like bringing Vegeta into the show but making him act like Vegeta from saiyan saga, doesn't sound good? Well that's because it's not ******* good.
M8 stupid ass reasons for fight to happen in DB is par the courses we had like several Dumbass reason from last season and before like hell as @Theuser789 said the literally did that

Also "x wouldn't kill over y" ignores basic escalation.

Lots of times there's fights that clearly didn't start as deathmatches (Balrog VS Combo and Might^2) but ended up that way as things escalated and they stopped holding back. Ryuko beats the shit out of people all the time even though she's only actually really tried to kill a small handful of those

M8 stupid ass reasons for fight to happen in DB is par the courses we had like several Dumbass reason from last season and before like hell as @Theuser789 said the literally did that
I know that dumbass reasons for fighting were always a part of DB, but it still doesn't change anything, it just shows that DB can't think of a good way to start the fight and make the most idiotic reasons possible.

Also "x wouldn't kill over y" ignores basic escalation.

Lots of times there's fights that clearly didn't start as deathmatches (Balrog VS Combo and Might^2) but ended up that way as things escalated and they stopped holding back. Ryuko beats the shit out of people all the time even though she's only actually really tried to kill a small handful of those
K, fair point, i still don't really like how the fight began

I know that dumbass reasons for fighting were always a part of DB, but it still doesn't change anything, it just shows that DB can't think of a good way to start the fight and make the most idiotic reasons possible.
Again par the course
If we're being real here neither Shadow nor Ryuko would have any reasons to fight each other like Majority of heroes in DB so you have to BS a reason start one
The only way they could fix that problem is honestly removing the "must kill" rule, otherwise that's inevitable
Too little too late there sadly
TBH i kinda wish they would do non-death stuff sometimes, it would have a little more writing potential.

That said, fatalities are always fun to watch soooo
Like I said too little too late

Forgot to comment on the time limit point but it was pretty bad, if you aren't using ring time limit then the only feat that super forms only last a couple minutes is Unleashed, which Advance would counter so you wouldn't really have any evidence of minutes long time limit

It's very straight-foward, after Sonic defeats Eggman he stays there for a couple days as Super Sonic before meeting Tails

Some counters are that Sonic detransformed and then retransformed, but that can't happen because the emeralds go away after a super form, another is that he just collected more rings, which would be a non-sequitur since that would mean Sonic is skilled enough in collecting rings that he can stay in his super form for a week

He doesn't have any anti-feats of staying that long, outside of Dark Gaia but that whole fight has it's own circunstances and problems

Look, I don't think Super Sonic can actually stay as Super Sonic forever, but it's very clearly show that it isn't only a couple of minutes, and I don't see why that would be the initial assumption when "outlasting Super Sonic"' was never a plot point in a single Sonic game

I guess so. In other advance series game he couldn't stay long and he tried to catch Cream's mom in base while falling.
I wouldn't say this is a case of a super form running out but he simply detransforming, since after the capsule broke he didn't need to be Super anymore (In Advance 2 every character can just fall from space at the end of their playthrough, pretty weird)

I wouldn't say this is a case of a super form running out but he simply detransforming, since after the capsule broke he didn't need to be Super anymore (In Advance 2 every character can just fall from space at the end of their playthrough, pretty weird)
Since sonic unleashed, Shadow surviving fall from space and technically even classic games with black knight exist fall from orbit is pretty natural for sonic and his friends.

I mean, when you have 20 examples of there being a time limit, and one where it isn’t, pretty easy to make the choice.
The exceptional problem is that those 20 are game mechanics and that 1 is story related.
That's like denying every Mario feat because in tens and possibly hundred of games on his own series he can die from Goomba(Let alone Donkey Kong where Mario/Jumpman can die from a barrel or spring).

No offense, but if something is shown to work in a certain way more times than not, I wouldn't use the Advance feat to debunk it, especially since it was offscreen. I think it's way more reasonable to assume that Sonic can just stay in super for days outside of combat, which makes sense with the things Ultra brought up in the Q&A. You don't have to agree with that and lord knows I don't plan to try and revise it, but it seems to fit more than the alternative

No offense, but if something is shown to work in a certain way more times than not, I wouldn't use the Advance feat to debunk it, especially since it was offscreen.
That's the main problem, it isn't show as only a couple minutes, ever, we never see him run out of power during those feel minutes, Ultra and Death Battle just put a lmit when it isn't show, you can have your opinion but I can have mine about how Death Battle relies on time limit too much when someone even being defeated because of time limit only happened once in Archie

Yeah, that seems reasonable, the time limit is just an abstraction of the energy it takes to conserve the form. That’s why at the end of SA2 Sonic and Shadow need to take turns fighting to conserve their energy.
You do know the turns are gameplay mechanics because we can't play as two characters right? Even while we are playing as Sonic he says for him to stop fighting, plus his problem was that his super form was going to cause him to disappear, not that it was running out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back